DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
5 members and 557 guests
amit, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, Heist, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

View Poll Results: Would you Participate in a 50 mile ride from MD to VA?
Yes 38 95.00%
No 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Summer Charity Ride Your input needed.
Unread
  (#1)
Give me the Ban Button!

Summer Charity Ride Your input needed. - April 4, 2011, 09:18 AM

Summer Charity Ride Your input needed.

The Underwear ride has been a huge success over the years thanks in part to the many members of this site that have at times risked life and limb to help support the efforts to help those in need. This year we are thinking about adding a 2nd ride. This time during the summer months. We think this will allow us to help even more people and let those that do not feel comfortable riding in the cold join in on the fun. Thats brings us to the question at hand.

If we were to put together a summer ride that involved a starting location in the Fredrick/Gaithersburg Maryland area and ended in the Front Royal / Winchester Virginia Area and it involved at a minimum a 50 miles riding. Would you participate?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

April 4, 2011, 09:21 AM

Same charity or something else entirely different?

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 4, 2011, 09:24 AM

It would be a different Charity. We have not picked the charity yet but you can assume that it will not be the run of the mill charity.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
I got nuthin

April 4, 2011, 10:48 AM

and voted

R.I.P. Jeff Vega

1983 Honda XR80
1989 Honda Rebel 250
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750
1986 Honda Shadow 700
2002 Ducati Monster Dark 600
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2011 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2001 Suzuki SV 650
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Taty  
Unread
  (#5)
I hate Hybrid drivers

April 4, 2011, 11:16 AM

Why would it start in a town that clearly can't have as many riders as the DMV area? The people who won't ride in the cold are probably the same people that won't ride 50 miles just to join a 60 mile ride that ends 50 miles from their home. (Fairfax > Frederick > Front Royal > Fairfax)

I would come because I'm a ride whore and your friend but I'm not sure about the start and stop locations but I also can't suggest a better option. Rt 340 is a nice road so maybe this plan is the best, just not sure the masses would show up.

I vote for an animal related charity.

Already booked weekends April 16, May 21, June 2, July 4th weekend
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 4, 2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david636 View Post
Why would it start in a town that clearly can't have as many riders as the DMV area? The people who won't ride in the cold are probably the same people that won't ride 50 miles just to join a 60 mile ride that ends 50 miles from their home. (Fairfax > Frederick > Front Royal > Fairfax)

I would come because I'm a ride whore and your friend but I'm not sure about the start and stop locations but I also can't suggest a better option. Rt 340 is a nice road so maybe this plan is the best, just not sure the masses would show up.

I vote for an animal related charity.
^^^ +1 But from Woodbridge.
Unread
  (#7)
someone adopt a newb

April 4, 2011, 11:24 AM

I think it's great you're doing anything, let alone another ride. If I have a bike I'm in.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#8)
pure adventure

April 4, 2011, 11:29 AM

A little supporting info, fyi:

The potential start and end locations are in part dictated by where motorcycle shops are located, and in the past people have requested that we show MD some love- hence the options. However, since most of the people that come out to the Underwear Ride come from VA, we don't want to alienate the majority of people that would join. That's why the poll is posted, to put us on the right track of choosing start and end locations that will make the largest number of people happy.

We've already got a tentative date chosen, as well as charity options, but we don't want to finalize anything until we know our locations.

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable"

VT for life, go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to shaibug  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

April 4, 2011, 11:35 AM

Well I don't think 50 miles is too much for any ride. But I didn't vote cause it would depend from where in MD to where in VA. Like D636 said 50 miles is different than 200 miles depending on where you're coming from. But I don't know the area so I can't give any suggestions.

As far as doing a charity ride, I'm down.
Unread
  (#10)
superdupernunu

April 4, 2011, 11:44 AM

In...

I suggest you look into the Duckworth School as a possible charity organization if you have not committed to any one organization yet. I am on a charity and community committee for large committee that has a major presence on the DC/MD/VA multi-family housing scene, that does a lot for the school, and the Duckworth School kids are absolutely awesome children that overcome lots of obstacles and don't necessarily have the greatest funding.

let's f*cking rage!
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 4, 2011, 11:49 AM

I understand and agree with the point that a ride to a stat sectioning Fredrick and the to the end location in VA and than back home could end up being close to 150-200 miles for some people.

Who from VA has done point of rocks? I know I have. Its almost 50 miles for me to get to the start and back home.

It isn't uncommon for me and some friends to ride 250-300 miles in a day.

That doesn't mean that we are not taking all of that into consideration and as Shaibug said the point of this thread is to gauge interest in the ride and who would come. There have been a lot of MD riders over the years that have really supported the underwear ride and we want to make sure that they know that Horsepower Charities has not forgot about them. There have also been a lot of VA riders that have supported the ride and we do not want to alienate them in anyway.

Unread
  (#12)
Road Kill

April 4, 2011, 11:56 AM

i could be in you know, with my usual flaker excusses

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

April 4, 2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
I understand and agree with the point that a ride to a stat sectioning Fredrick and the to the end location in VA and than back home could end up being close to 150-200 miles for some people.

Who from VA has done point of rocks? I know I have. Its almost 50 miles for me to get to the start and back home.

It isn't uncommon for me and some friends to ride 250-300 miles in a day.
Well heck, if the charity ride includes kick ass roads I'm in no matter how far I have to ride. Sunday was a 320 mile day for me and all worth it. Sorry, it's just my experience with charity rides down in Florida are basically police sponsored (and speed limited) rides mostly through highways.
Unread
  (#14)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 4, 2011, 12:07 PM

In years past we have posted a route that everybody follows. With this ride we are thinking about posting a start location and an end location. We will also post what time events will kick off at the end location. How you get from point A to point B is up to you just as long as you do it in a safe and law abiding manor. I will be doing the most direct route so that I can get to the end location and get things set up.

Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

April 4, 2011, 12:18 PM

^^^ I'm digging that start and end spot idea with optional routes. It's like 2 meets in one day If there are a lot of people it would be nice to have either 3 separate route options or 3 separate ride out times in different groups so that it's not too crowded on the roads.