DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
0 members and 561 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Rides and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools
Westward Ho - 11/11/07
Unread
  (#1)
The Voice of Reason

Westward Ho - 11/11/07 - November 9, 2007, 10:36 AM

Originally posted on .com but I have love for my .net friends, too!! Come out and play!!

Anyone interested in a ride out west this Sunday? Colder weather is bearing down on us so I'm taking this opportunity to make a good run out to "Wild and Wonderful" before they begin peppering the roads with gravel and sealer in preparation for Winter (which I've heard through some sources is already starting).

When: 11/11/07 - Sunday - Meet at 9am, wheels rolling by 9:30 sharp.

Where: Haymarket Sheetz (Map)

Route: PM me for details if you're seriously interested.

Length: Depends on who shows... expect to be back before dark but not much sooner.

Pace: "Moderate" Ride your own ride, No one left behind/etc/etc...

Bundle up and wear your gear for a good time to be had by all!!

Soooo post up if you're interested!!!

-Jason
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 9, 2007, 10:59 AM

Yeah, they have started doing the chip & tar already, so be alert.

But one reminder I would like to bring up is Deer. In the five years I have lived out here, this is without a doubt the worst "deers crossing the road" year I have ever seen. They are actually in large herds and they just keep coming. As one thread recently stated...don't focus where the deer is going, instead where it came from because it most likely has friends. Also the deer seem a lot more bold this year. Some of them are just not being spooked and moving out of the way, so be extra cautious.

Happy Riding!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#3)
The Voice of Reason

November 9, 2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Yeah, they have started doing the chip & tar already, so be alert.

But one reminder I would like to bring up is Deer. In the five years I have lived out here, this is without a doubt the worst "deers crossing the road" year I have ever seen. They are actually in large herds and they just keep coming. As one thread recently stated...don't focus where the deer is going, instead where it came from because it most likely has friends. Also the deer seem a lot more bold this year. Some of them are just not being spooked and moving out of the way, so be extra cautious.

Happy Riding!
Verry good point... I see more and more of these (tasty) pests on and around the roadways! My last trip to VIR was a near death trap trying to avoid deer on 29 with a dualy rig + trailer. Never again! Thanks for the reminder!

-Jason

Transelement Motorsports 2011
  Send a message via AIM to