DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 579
2 members and 577 guests
2blueyam, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Almost Whooped on someone I caught around my bike...ever happen to you?
Unread
  (#1)
"Insert Something Witty"

Almost Whooped on someone I caught around my bike...ever happen to you? - April 4, 2010, 07:43 PM

So i was walking out of Tyson's movie theatre back to my bike with my girl and her cousin when i noticed there was some douche bag sitting on my bike while his fat ass GF was taking a picture with her phone. I lost it immediately and went off on the guy. He completely denied the whole thing and proceeded to question if it was my bike since my helmet and jacket where in my girl's car. I then lost it and was in his face with my girl trying to pull me back. I could not believe someone would fuck with someone's bike just to get a picture.

I'll admit that when I didn't have a bike I stopped and looked or took pictures but never touched or sat on someone else's bike before...just admired from a distance.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Was the result less or more drastic then in my case? I'm thinking about getting an alarm now for shit like this.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 4, 2010, 07:48 PM

you left your bike in a movie theater parking lot?

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

Yup. Living in Bmore I had the basement room with the window right out front. Caught some frat dude halfway about sit on my bike. Immediate (maybe overkill) was me out the front door with a bat in about .5 seconds. They were freaked when they saw me...I asked em if it would be ok if I just opened up the door and sit in drivers seat of their BMW They were apologetic and maybe ovrreacted...

Peeps will be dumb and sit on bikes because they just don't know...they think its ok cuz its a bike. Don't think their bad intentioned, just ignorant cuz most peeps don't ride bikes. It's almost a compliment...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

I'd go off too!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Sick!!!

April 4, 2010, 07:50 PM

he needed a punch to the mouth if you ask me.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to The Bogert  
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

April 4, 2010, 07:52 PM

I have a scorpio alarm with perimeter sensor that I set when I have to leave my 10r in the open. Heard it and the remote go nuts one night where I used to live, jumped up, looked outside, and I saw some white T dude in a wife beater and his fat girlfriend making tracks away from the scene. I got a good laugh from that.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
TPG og

April 4, 2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I have a scorpio alarm with perimeter sensor that I set when I have to leave my 10r in the open. Heard it and the remote go nuts one night where I used to live, jumped up, looked outside, and I saw some white T dude in a wife beater and his fat girlfriend making tracks away from the scene. I got a good laugh from that.
Damn Kevin Federline is at it again
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#8)
Here we go Steelers :)

April 4, 2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
you left your bike in a movie theater parking lot?
X2

my bike is never left out of sight in public for more than 15 mins...
Unread
  (#9)
Owner of the Site Owner

April 4, 2010, 08:39 PM

agreed - when i had a bike i didnt park it or leave it unattended unless i was eating or something

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#10)
"Insert Something Witty"

April 4, 2010, 08:45 PM

I'm pretty smart about leaving my bike in public...This was at tyson's in a well lit area with camera...I wasn't too concerned when I left it. In fact I was astounded when I came out and witnessed it. I guess I may have been a little naive but WTF.
Unread
  (#11)
GET SOME ! ! !

April 4, 2010, 08:52 PM

A quick 1 - 2 would have made ya feel better!!

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#12)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 4, 2010, 08:52 PM

if your bike is out in the open and you dont have eyes directly on it, expect it to be stolen.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#13)
Being nice :)

April 4, 2010, 08:53 PM

Whoop that ass.
If Coppers question you, tell them he was trying to steal your bike. Simple.
That type of blatant disregard and disrespect doesn't sit well with me.
IMHO...

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#14)
mac
V-Twin Junkie

April 4, 2010, 09:04 PM

Typically I keep my bikes locked and covered in my parking lot. I came out one morning getting ready for my commute to work, left uncovered due to wind, and found a 10 year old boy on it. He was riding his bicycle in the neighborhood and apparently found something better . . . no shame in it either after I asked if he was having a good time. I was initially concerned about safety/liability, especially in this day and age. Perimeter alarm sounds great to ward off those who think motorbikes are toys and not personal property . . . I need to research for ones that won't get set off by wind . . . will look into Scorpio systems . . . sux it happened to you.
Unread
  (#15)
Being nice :)

April 4, 2010, 11:47 PM

Who has an eye on their bike 24/7 ?! ...
That can happen anywhere, in a split second.

If I'd caught that, and the kid got snotty w/ me, It would've taken all my might to be level-headed.

Now if the kid would've been apologetic, and sincerely sorry, (and clearly not trying to take my piece) then that would’ve helped in not going completely ape.

Your situation sounded like the fucker needed to be handled a bit...

There are some variables. (For the benefit of the doubt)

You're Welcome...