DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
2 members and 557 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Battle of the Bands Oct 16th at State Theater (Charity Event)
Unread
  (#1)
Naked...it's the only way

Battle of the Bands Oct 16th at State Theater (Charity Event) - September 22, 2008, 09:43 AM

Wassup everyone. Just thought I'd throw this out there to anyone who might be up for a nice charity event.

As some of you may already know, we will be competing in a Battle of the Bands on Thursday, Oct. 16th at 7PM. This is a charity event, with all proceeds going to the USO. Here’s the skinny:

It is a government IT competition, with each band having at least 2 members involved in government IT support. Our band is Tom and the Rhodes Squallers.

The show is at the State Theater in Falls Church, an awesome venue. There will be a cash bar as well as a food menu. Tickets are on sale at the website www.gitrockin.com for $25 each (again, it’s for charity) as well as any more information you may need about the show. We were selected as one of 5 bands to compete. I just got the competing lineup and wouldn’t you know it, we’re closing the show. I’d like to think that it’s because we were selected as the best, because we are. Rock.

The actual voting is done as follows. There will be people walking around throughout the show selling little raffle tickets for $1 each. For each band you choose to vote for, you will place tickets into a bowl located in front of the stage while they’re playing. I’m sure you won’t need to worry about voting for any of the other bands, as I wouldn’t want to have to hurt anyone caught voting for someone else. Not that I would, but I might (I will).

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. It’s a month away, but they keep telling me to let everyone know to buy their tickets ASAP. I’m not sure if they’ll be selling tickets at the door. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you think would be interested.

Your friendly neighborhood Rock Star,

Sean
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Good Girl Gone Biker

September 22, 2008, 10:06 AM

sounds fun!

Beatriz
BRG/W

QikEnuF: omg still talking. I regret my life.

yzfrone: and buell? ill chop my toes off and add it to my salad before I sit on one.

DarksideSW20: need varying degrees. beware of dog, beware of dangerous dog, beware of dog shooting bees out of its mouth...

NoVaGhost: Oops...bought a gixxer and the dumbassery set in quicker than i expected.... never made it home.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Coluchi Send a message via AIM to Coluchi Send a message via Skype™ to Coluchi 
Unread
  (#3)

September 22, 2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coluchi
sounds fun!
It should be pretty good. The State Theater is a cool place and since it's for a good cause it will be a great show.

Sucks that they're doing it on a Thursday night, but what're ya gonna do..... It's government, they aren't exactly known for doing things the right way....
Unread
  (#4)

October 9, 2008, 09:16 AM

TTT

One week away.
Unread
  (#5)

October 14, 2008, 08:46 AM

Well, it's in 2 days. I just got word that there will be tickets for sale at the door, so it should be easy for anyone to just come by and check out the show.

Remember, it's for charity. Raising money to entertain the troops sounds like a good cause to me.

Let me know if you have any questions, hope to see you there.
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

October 14, 2008, 09:08 AM

Wish I could make it out bro - good luck though!

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)

October 14, 2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
Wish I could make it out bro - good luck though!
Thanks man!
Unread
  (#8)
Ninja Power

October 14, 2008, 11:28 AM

What other bands are playing?

Talent
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Arctic White / White Pearl (Still Under Construction)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Talent Send a message via AIM to Talent