DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 499
1 members and 498 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Bike Week - Myrtle Beach (Still ON!!!)
Unread
  (#1)
yut ugh!

Smile Bike Week - Myrtle Beach (Still ON!!!) - February 23, 2009, 08:13 PM

Wanted to stop thread jacking the Daytona thread.. Our club will have a house and I'll post party information as soon as it's available..

So rumors have been all over.. but this is from the SC Abate..

Myrtle Beach Bikeweek News from SC ABATE January 16, 2009
5:11 pm
yes my fellow riders....there still might be a bike week.

read on...this is from the Horry County chapter of ABATE of SC.

Neal

----- Original Message -----
To: ABATEofSC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:39 PM
Subject: Fw: Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Weeks 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----

Hi all,

I am sending this email out to everyone in my address book. I realize that only
some of you are bikers. I am hoping that you may know someone that is or maybe
someone in your address book may know someone who is. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO
EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK PLEASE.

Myrtle beach has launched a new website to deter people from coming to the grand
strand during the bike rally in may. The website is mbbikerinfo.com . DO NOT
BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ ON THIS SITE. MOST OF THE INFO IS FALSE. THERE WILL BE A SPRING RALLY IN MAY 2009 HERE ON THE GRAND STRAND. There will be no activities sponsored by myrtle beach in the city limits. The city limits never had a lot of sponsored activities going on. The majority of bike week events take place out side the city. There will be plenty of activities going on within Horry county as normal. Nothing has changed. THE SPRING RALLY WILL BE MAY 8th - 17th 2009. If you want current and up to date and correct info on the rally, please check out20one of the following sites.

www.myrtlebeachharley.com
www.mbbikeweeks.com
www.ibiker.org

These sites will provide you with truthful information about the rally. You will also find truthful information about the new myrtle beach city ordinances that only come in to effect within the city limits of myrtle beach. Dont worry, there are plenty of ways around the city limits to get to wear you need to go. You should also be able to find hotel and condo rental info on these sites that are out side of the city. www.cherylchristopher.com is a site for surfside reality.

AGAIN, PLEASE SEND THIS OUT TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. This email needs to get out all over this country, Canada, and the world. You would be surprised, but I have met people from many different countries here on the grand strand during bike week.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND PLEASE RIDE SAFE.

Live long and prosper and remember to always speak your mind.
Gary Balcom Assistant Coordinator Horry County ABATE

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Which gear is reverse?

February 23, 2009, 08:30 PM

I've been telling people all along, now I've got to email everyone in my address book. SEE YOU ALL @ BIKE WEEK!
Unread
  (#3)
Which gear is reverse?

February 23, 2009, 08:35 PM

Just a quick question though seeing as how I really don't want to ride down with harleys, are the sportbike days may 8 - 17? if not when are they? thanks
Unread
  (#4)
TPG - screw face

February 23, 2009, 09:57 PM

planning on it...gonna stay at home SC) instead of getting a room and more than likely hit FL in October, stay with some friends, then hit ATL on the way back..again..staying with friends lol..and/or stop off at home if need be. i dn't mind ridin dolo
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

February 23, 2009, 10:15 PM

-RRaj
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRaj  
Unread
  (#6)
making it do what it do!!

February 23, 2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj View Post
you down for this?

-FER-
2008 Raven R1
Eat, Lift, Sleep.... (REPEAT)!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MANIMAL  
Unread
  (#7)
What's today? aah fuck it

February 24, 2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
planning on it...gonna stay at home SC) instead of getting a room and more than likely hit FL in October, stay with some friends, then hit ATL on the way back..again..staying with friends lol..and/or stop off at home if need be. i dn't mind ridin dolo

are you gonna be towing or riding?
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

February 24, 2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIMAL View Post
you down for this?
Not an entire week, but definitely a few days.

-RRaj
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRaj  
Unread
  (#9)
TPG - screw face

February 24, 2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
are you gonna be towing or riding?
riding...if i get pulled over..towing nah..but i'll be riding
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 29, 2009, 04:11 PM

Update:
http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/message.html

Sounds like Horry County gave in with the latest demands and harley moved the action to NC.

I go down for BBWeek. Every year since 2003, but im going to miss it this year. I normaly stay at the same hotel also and they emailed me today asking if i was coming back.

With the fire and the hatred for motorcycles...I dont plan on supporting a place I am not wanted. I hope we hurt their economy bad and next year welcome us with open arms.
From the Mayor.

http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/message.html

March 2009
Dear Residents and Visitors,
On behalf of the city, I extend my thanks to the Horry County Council, the Town of Surfside Beach, the City of North Myrtle Beach, the Harley-Davidson Dealers Association, and even the business owners group called BOOST, for taking steps to support Myrtle Beach's position on the rallies.

Special thanks go to the Horry County Council for approving a reduction in the number and length of vendor permits. The county also is spreading vendors west of the Intracoastal Waterway, so that they are less concentrated in a few areas. The county has approved a special events ordinance that addresses large, unpermitted outdoor events and their effects on the community, and is close to ending temporary adult entertainment permits.

The county's foresight will result in some much-needed advance planning by event organizers.
We also thank the Town of Surfside Beach for halting vendor permits for two years in support of Myrtle Beach's position on the back-to-back bike rallies.

Thanks, also, to the City of North Myrtle Beach for reviewing its ordinances in response to our request. North Myrtle Beach has said that it believes its ordinances are adequate for the task at hand and that its noise ordinance is, in fact, stricter than ours.

We thank the Harley-Davidson Dealers Association for its cooperation through the years and for moving its 69-year-old rally to another location beginning this year.

The Dealers' four-day event was the real Harley spring rally, but that fact was lost amid other promotions and rallies. We wish the Dealers' group well at its new location in North Carolina. The other Harley event was only about 10 years old.

Finally, our thanks go to BOOST - Business Owners Organized to Support Tourism - for acknowledging that the giant rallies had negative effects on the community. During a presentation to County Council, a BOOST representative admitted that the rallies "present unique problems of noise, congestion (and) behavior."

BOOST also offered to "develop, fund and implement marketing, PR and communications programs to discourage activities that contribute to congestion, noise and unacceptable behavior."
For the first time, BOOST suggested changing the rally dates to "lessen the intensity and/or duration of the events," as well as either moving the events apart or merging them.

BOOST also offered to work with the county to "mitigate the effects of the rallies on the residents, minimize congestion, minimize noise (and) minimize behavioral problems."

We applaud this honest assessment and willingness to help.
Again, I thank these governments and organizations for their actions to rein in and lessen the negative effects from these huge motorcycle-related events.

It is a strong statement that these unauthorized and unpermitted rallies really were too large, too loud, too long and too much for our community.

Sincerely,

John Rhodes
Mayor

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#11)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 29, 2009, 04:17 PM

Also...

Ordinances for Noise, Motorcycles, Alcohol Consumption, Property Management, Curfew and Accommodations
  • No loud mufflers. No straight pipes. No revving of engines or excessive noise.
  • Everyone on a motorcycle must wear a safety helmet and protective eyewear (glasses, goggles, face shield, etc.) at all times while the cycle is moving.
  • No more than two motorcycles allowed in a public parking space.
  • Curfew is in effect from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. for juveniles under age 18, with certain exceptions. Violators are detained and parents are called.
  • No alcohol sales allowed after 2:00 a.m., unless the bar applies for and receives exemption.
  • No alcohol consumption or open container possession allowed in parking lots and garages of any business.
  • It is a crime not to pay the restaurant or not to leave your name and address if you dispute the bill, service or food.
  • No loitering allowed in posted parking lots of any business. No loitering allowed after hours in parking lots once the business is closed. Store parking is for customers, not parties.
  • No use of parking lots or landscaped areas of any business next to road or street for chairs, coolers, parties, drinking or food service.
  • Security standards are required for gas stations, convenience stores and stores with drive through service. No gathering or loitering is allowed in parking areas without contemporaneous commercial activity. Parking lots are for customers, not parties.
  • Parties responsible for permitted or unpermitted special events that require an extraordinary public response may be held financially responsible for the cost of that response.
  • No parking or storage of trailers and oversize vehicles is allowed on the street; parking for these vehicles is allowed only in approved parking or storage lots.
  • Photo identification required for hotel check-in; minors (under 1 cannot check in without parent or legal guardian present. All guests in a room must be identified. Parking hang tags required for all guest vehicles.

I cry now...

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#12)
TPG og

May 1, 2009, 11:52 AM

Is passing of cruisers/HD's allowed?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#13)
Out of Action

May 10, 2009, 04:18 PM

You all might want to read this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519611,00.html

*sigh*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to SLOride  
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

May 28, 2009, 01:11 PM

FYI...the event was moved to Ocean City, MD. Most of the riders and event planners were headquartered in the Days Inn off Baltimore Ave and 23rd on the boardwalk. They had a big dinner rally at the Phillip's Seafood Restaurant on the Saturday evening followed by cruising up and down the strip. I know first hand because my wife and I inadvertently walked into the chaos. It was their first time in Ocean City and I don't know if it will be there next year.