DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
1 members and 551 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
BUELL BLAST
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

BUELL BLAST - June 11, 2008, 04:29 PM

I have a friend who is wanting to buy a bike and has just recently aquired his permit and I am helping him find a bike. I have a few questions reguarding the Buell Blast.

First; Is this a good beginners bike and can it handle being dropped?

Second; will this bike breakdown alot like a Harley or is it fairly reliable?

Third; what would be an acceptable price for one, and is $2,400 too high or about right?

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#2)
Retired to most ...

June 11, 2008, 04:32 PM

Come pick up that Ducati that I told you about bro. Only a couple hundred more and he can even ride it with the little damage thats on it and you can put the other parts on when he is more at ease on the bike.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

June 11, 2008, 04:33 PM

$2400 for what year/condition?

I've ridden a blast, and heard more than one story on them... they suck. I didn't like the bike, it rattles itself apart, leaked oil, was poorly crafted, had bad aftermarket... and I've seen 2004 blasts for $1800.... an old kawi 250 sells for more than that...

My 0.02

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

June 11, 2008, 04:35 PM

OOhhh ducati, i have heard they have a big price tag to repair.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#5)
I got nuthin

June 11, 2008, 04:46 PM

thats why i got rid of my monster, but i did like it.

R.I.P. Jeff Vega

1983 Honda XR80
1989 Honda Rebel 250
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750
1986 Honda Shadow 700
2002 Ducati Monster Dark 600
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2011 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2001 Suzuki SV 650
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Taty  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 11, 2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB
$2400 for what year/condition?

I've ridden a blast, and heard more than one story on them... they suck. I didn't like the bike, it rattles itself apart, leaked oil, was poorly crafted, had bad aftermarket... and I've seen 2004 blasts for $1800.... an old kawi 250 sells for more than that...

My 0.02
it is an 02 and in good condition, or at least the post says it is. right now he is looking at a 1987 ninja, I am trying desperately to get him to spend a little more and get a reliable newer bike. at least not an 87

Last edited by R6speed; June 11, 2008 at 04:55 PM..
Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

June 11, 2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
OOhhh ducati, i have heard they have a big price tag to repair.
No more then any other bike if it isnt maintained. We're not talkin about a 1098 here bro ...

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

June 11, 2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
No more then any other bike if it isnt maintained. We're not talkin about a 1098 here bro ...
GOD I would love to own a 1098.

Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 11, 2008, 05:10 PM

the bike he is looking at...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...715442352.html

Unread
  (#10)
Banned!

June 11, 2008, 05:16 PM

Sorry but i wouldnt buy anything that has BUELL on it unless its a shirt that says FAIL underneath it.

Look, the blast is a complete waste of money, they handle like poo, realiability is out the window, resale value is like a bag of expired beef jerky and most importanly they have the worse cudo points on the planet. the cudo points are right under a 400lbs guy riding a Yamaha vino on a hot summer day with no shirt on.

first gen sv650s run under 3k, they are great bikes that run forever and is seriously fun to ride.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
MSF Student

June 11, 2008, 06:00 PM

My first bike was a stock 2001 Buell Blast with 6000 miles on it. I have never had as many electrical problems with anything than with the buell blast. It does leak oil. but on the bright side, its a great beginners bike for 3 weeks, and then you outgrow it. Its slow, and it can handle being dropped. I lowsided mine under 5 miles an hour the first week that I had it, and I picked it up,a nd It rode away.

Personal oppinion if I were to do it again I would not have bought the bike, it was fun for a while, but hard as hell to turn around and after a few months to get something bigger.

about the suzuki SV650. I had one as my second bike, and there was plenty of power, and enough torque to rip the skirts of women in any gear. The bike still surprised me every once in a while up to the day I sold it. Im sorry I sold it.

opinion - if this is your first bike, be very careful its a beast, but you will never outgrow it. it moved my 250 lbs around like air.

Its ok To be Fast, sexy and Clever

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...horsehead1.jpg

Last edited by I3urtonfeind; June 11, 2008 at 06:04 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to I3urtonfeind  
Unread
  (#12)
Banned!

June 11, 2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3urtonfeind
My first bike was a stock 2001 Buell Blast with 6000 miles on it. I have never had as many electrical problems with anything than with the buell blast. It does leak oil. but on the bright side, its a great beginners bike for 3 weeks, and then you outgrow it. Its slow, and it can handle being dropped. I lowsided mine under 5 miles an hour the first week that I had it, and I picked it up,a nd It rode away.

Personal oppinion if I were to do it again I would not have bought the bike, it was fun for a while, but hard as hell to turn around and after a few months to get something bigger.

HAHA awesome...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

June 11, 2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:

This is funny, I have heard a ton of good things about the bike untill I say a friend may buy one for a beginner bike. Doesn't any one have anything purely positive to say about the bike?

Thanks for the input, I may try to steer him towards the ducati.

Unread
  (#14)
MSF Student

June 11, 2008, 06:05 PM

the best thing that comes from this bike is the giant grow your own vagina, and credit card bill you rack up at the service lane.

Its ok To be Fast, sexy and Clever

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...horsehead1.jpg
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to I3urtonfeind  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

June 11, 2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
the best thing that comes from this bike is the giant grow your own vagina, and credit card bill you rack up at the service lane.
I think I peed a little!