DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 248
3 members and 245 guests
BigDaddyShoo, davidcycle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Socials Corner (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f59/)
-   -   Bully Paws in the Park (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f59/bully-paws-park-43571/)

JTG40cal November 7, 2008 05:03 PM

Bully Paws in the Park

At a pet store and saw this flier: 1 mile walk in Mason Neck Park (Bay View Trail) Saturday, Nov. 8 (rain date Nov. 15) to help raise money and awareness for homeless pit bulls in NOVA. All breeds welcome. $15 + $4 for parking. Info: 703-475-8052

boomchic00 November 7, 2008 09:41 PM

Repeat :lol:

This Saturday, Nov. 8th, Bully Paws is having a fundraiser walk. All breeds are welcome. There will be goody bags, pit bull handouts, and bumper stickers and pins for sale. We will also have a 1 mile walk on the Bay View Trail at Mason Neck Park in Lorton, VA. We are asking for $15 per family. All the money raised will go to Bully Paws Pit Bull Rescue of Fredericksburg, VA. Call Stephanie at 703-475-8052 for more details.

*rain date Nov 15th*

http://www.obeythepurebreed.com/imag..._wallpaper.jpg

SquirrelHead November 8, 2008 12:36 AM

Sounds cool but I am tied up tomorrow. Have a great time out there.

Cloaca November 8, 2008 06:09 AM

I miss the buddy dog :(

BlackHatch November 8, 2008 11:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked the board today.

GsxrBulldog November 8, 2008 12:49 PM

I am under kids watch. I'll donate though.

JTG40cal November 8, 2008 01:52 PM

Sharon and I just got back not too long ago. Great event. Perfect Fall day to take the dogs out for a walk in the woods. Had to have been about 20 dogs that showed up.

I was talking to one of the volunteers and asked how many bullies were in the NOVA adoption system and she said there had to be THOUSANDS. While we were talking, some asshole called her phone. She said it was the third time she had talked to him today. He wanted them to come get his dog and she kept telling him there was nothing they could do, but there were plenty of shelters he could take the dog to. While they were on the phone he said, "Forget it, I'll just take it out back". He was calling from Fredricksburg and she said it wasnt uncommon out that way for people to just shoot their unwanted animals! Unfuckingbelievable.

She said that at their shelter they will keep untagged dogs for only 5 days before they are put down. Some shelters she said, will only keep them for 3 days with or without tags. People keep an eye on your pets!!! You could leave for the weekend, and if your dog ends up in a shelter, it could be dead before you even get home.

Im not a huge advocate for adoption...I think a dog from a breeder is just as deserving of a home as a dog in a shelter, but it IS disheartening to think of the number of dogs that are being euthanized on a daily basis.

Anyways, Sharon has some pics im sure she will post, but keep your eye on the Bully Paws page for their pics: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/VA328.html

BlackHatch November 8, 2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTG40cal (Post 654878)
Sharon and I just got back not too long ago. Great event. Perfect Fall day to take the dogs out for a walk in the woods. Had to have been about 20 dogs that showed up.

I was talking to one of the volunteers and asked how many bullies were in the NOVA adoption system and she said there had to be THOUSANDS. While we were talking, some asshole called her phone. She said it was the third time she had talked to him today. He wanted them to come get his dog and she kept telling him there was nothing they could do, but there were plenty of shelters she could take him to. While they were on the phone he said, "Forget it, I'll just take it out back". He was calling from Fredricksburg and she said it wasnt uncommon out that way for people to just shoot their unwanted animals! Unfuckingbelievable.

She said that at their shelter they will keep untagged dogs for only 5 days before they are put down. Some shelters she said, will only keep them for 3 days with or without tags. People keep an eye on your pets!!! You could leave for the weekend, and if your dog ends up in a shelter, it could be dead before you even get home.

Im not a huge advocate for adoption...I think a dog from a breeder is just as deserving of a home as a dog in a shelter, but it IS disheartening to think of the number of dogs that are being euthanized on a daily basis.

Anyways, Sharon has some pics im sure she will post, but keep your eye on the Bully Paws page for their pics: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/VA328.html

Props to you and Sharon for going out and supporting the cause.

Supply and demand works in breeder economics as well.

CBRCurtis November 8, 2008 10:14 PM

I'm pissed!! I have the sweetest, nicest pit bull (well I'm sure everyone thinks theirs are the best) but I would have loved to had made it. Please let me know if there are going to be future events in support of bully breeds.

java927 November 9, 2008 11:29 AM

I was not a huge pit bull fan..Just mostly cause of all the negative things said about them. But that recently changed, our neighbor moved in about 2 years ago with a male Mugsy(awesome dog to adults). And the were kind enough to inform us he had never been around children so to watch him with the baby(now 2 years old). So we kept our distance, then a couple months back they brought a home a female thats like a blue/grey color. And let me just say this, she is an awesome dog. The neighbors have taught her to be around Joshua. She is very gentle yet very protective of him. I am just glad there is a rescue for the all the ones that need to be adopted. But until we stop seeing them in such a negative light, people are going to be really hesitant about adopting a Pit Bull. Justin and Sharon thanks for doing this walk. I hope that person you talked about didnt seriously do any harm to the dog.

JWZelibor November 10, 2008 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTG40cal (Post 654683)
At a pet store and saw this flier: 1 mile walk in Mason Neck Park (Bay View Trail) Saturday, Nov. 8 (rain date Nov. 15) to help raise money and awareness for homeless pit bulls in NOVA. All breeds welcome. $15 + $4 for parking. Info: 703-475-8052

damn! i just saw this PM :( that sux i went mountain biking at wakefield park that day.