DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 498
1 members and 497 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Clemson vs VA Tech tonight
Unread
  (#1)
Site Owner

Clemson vs VA Tech tonight - October 26, 2006, 05:58 PM

going to Champps in Reston... right now! laters!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#2)
Retired to most ...

October 27, 2006, 08:57 AM

I see that game worked out well for you!!!!

Maybe next year!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

October 27, 2006, 09:14 AM

all I can say is

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

October 27, 2006, 09:29 AM

i feel for ya rob, i cant stand va tech, one of the most overated teams of the last decade.... they get in the acc and the downward spiral begins..... now they have true competition.... they got lucky last night i guess.... sun shines on every dogs ass once in a while

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

October 27, 2006, 09:30 AM

Haha that brawl was great. Cost both USC and Clemson their bowl games that year. bastards.

Yep, TEch did a great job of shutting down our runnign game, which is basically the only game we had. That and that Ore guy was on fire. Good win...

ACC championship hopes crumble....

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

October 27, 2006, 09:51 AM

Clemson should still win the Costal division, Tech needs to win out and have Maimi beat GT for a BCS rankings decision to get in to the ACC championship game.

I will admit that at times VT has been a few spots higher than deserved, but how can you say that they have been one of the most overated teams for the past decade. Its only been in the past decade that VT has gotten consistenly ranked, and IMHO 90%+ of the time its been deserved, and that has been proven by beating well respected national powerhouses, or losses to teams that have long been respected on a national level.

Id like to see more games between Big 10 power-houses, SEC power-houses, and the ACC, but schedules are made 8 to 9 years in advance. Who knows which teams will be good then.

Tech still has a lot to learn about delivering in big games, as that is consistantly our greatest down fall (see last year vs Maimi, and Fl St), but hopefully as the program get more exposure it will learn to handel the big games and it will (as it has more recently, such as the last two years) be able to recruit larger talent from accross the country.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!

Last edited by zx6rfool; October 27, 2006 at 11:48 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#7)
Track Ho

October 27, 2006, 11:15 AM

all you people that think Tech is over rated need to shut the fck up and get off the hater wagon, just cause you went to a shitty school dont hate mine, next time I hear someone say Tech is overrated I am gonna slap them, Tech has been improving their football program the last ten years, with some lucky pics as Michael Vick, and some unlucky ones as well, but we keep winning games this is the worst season I can remember for a while and I think we are 6 and 2 this year, blow me

Rob this was a good game, I was hoping Clemson would open their running game, I thought you guys would have us after your win last week over GT

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

October 27, 2006, 11:24 AM

It was good game, the Tigers running game was not yesterday........
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

October 27, 2006, 11:42 AM

Tech was overrated when there were #11 this year. That was simply due to not losing a game. We hadn't played anyone. Wisconsin (someone asked for a Big10 game) backed out on us. We were supposed to play them first game this year. Their coach retired last year, they didn't want to start their new coach out on a good team. A few years back we tried to play Auburn, they wouldn't said our rep wasn't good enough. Scared we'd beat them and people wouddn't respect them for losing to us. Now I've heard the SEC won't travel for out of conference games. It's all about money. You get more money when you play at home.
Downward spiral in the ACC? We won it the first year. Played for the championship the 2nd year. Have a chance this year. Our biggest competition (Miami) came with us from the Big East. The Big East & ACC were fairly even matched in football before the shake up. They both had a few good teams and a few crappy teams. Temple probably wins more than Duke.
Tech's been in a bowl game since '93. Not many schools can say that. Typically better bowls too.

Rob, your QB was killing you, seemed like every throw was in the dirt or the recievers would drop the ball. No idea how much the injury to your star running back hurt you either.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

October 30, 2006, 10:44 AM

okay theyre not overated they just choke in the big games against legitimate powerhouses. hows that feel better . theyre schedule in the first few yrs of this decade was fairly easy and beat up on some lame teams and lost to the better ones. in fact a few games they lost to mediocre teams... i dont hate on them i just think theyre not nearly as good as the credit they get..

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000