DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 577
1 members and 576 guests
HotRod1200
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
"The Concert For Valor" Free 11/11/14 - Springsteen, Eminem, Metallica, Black Keys
Unread
  (#1)
i suck at the introweb

"The Concert For Valor" Free 11/11/14 - Springsteen, Eminem, Metallica, Black Keys - November 7, 2014, 07:32 AM

Hey there everyone so myself and a group of friends were planning to attend the free concert at the National Mall sponsored by HBO, Starbucks, and Chase. Since it is going to be a big thing I did some research to plan the day out, and thought it could be some useful information for anyone else that was planning to attend.

So the concert does start at 7pm which will be airing live on HBO. The official performance and appearance list is as follows:

Bruce Springsteen
Carrie Underwood
Jennifer Hudson
The Black Keys
Dave Grohl
Eminem
Metallica
Rihanna
Zac Brown Band
Bob Woodruff
Bryan Cranston
George Lopez
Jamie Foxx
Jack Black
And John Oliver

The last event held that was close to this level was the “We Are One” concert featuring “The Boss” which had a recorded attendance of over 400,000 people. For this event the concert organizers have obtained a Park Police permit allowing an attendance of up to 800,000 people. So pretty much they are expecting it to be packed beyond belief, and the concert will go on rain, shine, snow, polar vortex, etc…

So again the concert starts at 7pm however the Mall will be open for entrance starting at 10am, but only at 8 heavily secured check points; located at either side of the 15th, 12th, and 7th street Mall entrances, corner of 17th and Independence Ave., and the corner of 14th street and Madison Dr. Organizers have reiterated that overnight camping is illegal inside the district, and to strategize accordingly.

Huge swaths of the area around the Mall will be closed to traffic starting at 6 a.m. Tuesday, including most streets south of Pennsylvania Avenue and west of Third Street and all of 12th and Seventh streets south of the Metro stations at Metro Center and Gallery Place. The closest Metro stop to the concert — the Smithsonian station — also will be closed the day of the concert, so no matter how you plan on arriving, be ready to walk. Also if anyone form VA plans to attend the Blue Line into VA will be suspended as well. And of course there is no designated parking for the event nor street parking around the Mall area.

The list of forbidden items is fairly standard for an event on the Mall: No alcohol, ammunition, balloons, bicycles, hard-shelled coolers, explosives, glass containers, laser pointers, pepper spray, folding chairs or tables, tents, strollers or weapons. All attendees will have their bags searched at the concert entrances. Highlighting the no chairs policy there will be 12,000 reserved seating for military members, and those tickets are being distributed via the public affairs office for the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and National Guard. Interested service members can’t apply for these tickets, however; the distribution of the designated seats is at the discretion of each service branch.

As for food according to the info you can pack your own sustenance, unless of course subsisting on hot dogs and pretzels will suffice as there will be no other types of vendors within the area.

The stage will be positioned at the east end of the Mall along Fourth Street NW, with the Capitol behind it; 13 jumbotrons will be spaced along the Mall for the benefit of those farther back. The designated concert area is contained between Madison Drive to the north and Jefferson Drive to the south and extends from the stage on Fourth Street all the way to the Washington Monument.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mommy's Little Monster

November 7, 2014, 08:19 AM

Was actually thinking about riding my bike (bicycle) in and to watch for a while, but not actually go "in" to the concert area, just get near and listen. Anyone else interested in riding in? Could throw a few beers into the backpack and just find a spot outside of the actual concert area to hang out for a while.

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

November 7, 2014, 08:37 AM

Lol @ Rihanna in the performance list. She's not an American.
And of course this ...

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
i suck at the introweb

November 7, 2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8nsanta View Post
Was actually thinking about riding my bike (bicycle) in and to watch for a while, but not actually go "in" to the concert area, just get near and listen. Anyone else interested in riding in? Could throw a few beers into the backpack and just find a spot outside of the actual concert area to hang out for a while.
Hum? was thinking the same thing, but was going try and get in, but where to put the bike with 800,000 people around? I wonder how crowed it will be outside the area during the concert?

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a llama again!

November 7, 2014, 08:53 AM

Here you go

Traffic closures for Veterans Day concert on the National Mall - WTOP.com

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#6)
Derpetologist

November 10, 2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Lol @ Rihanna in the performance list. She's not an American.
And of course this ...

I live 6 miles away as the crow flies but damn that sounds like the mall, metro, and everything nearby will be a huge cluster. Apparently the Smithsonian station will be closed too.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

Last edited by Rail; November 10, 2014 at 07:09 PM..
Unread
  (#7)
Mojito Anyone?

November 10, 2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Iwas thinking of riding too.. where you thinking of leaving from.. work? vienna? I could drive to vienna and we can ride from there if you want.. or drive a little further in and hop on in arlington..

shoot me a text and lmk..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#8)
Mommy's Little Monster

November 10, 2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
Iwas thinking of riding too.. where you thinking of leaving from.. work? vienna? I could drive to vienna and we can ride from there if you want.. or drive a little further in and hop on in arlington..

shoot me a text and lmk..
I'm good with driving a little further in and then riding. I'll shoot you a text.

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
Unread
  (#9)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 11, 2014, 02:08 AM

yeah my GF is military and got us 3 tickets.....i live in DC and the subway (Greenline metro Georgia ave/petworth) is a 90 second walk from my front door....the only issue will be transfering to one of the other lines...

Anyway...id rather sit at home and watch on tv....but she wants to go.

Most times they have bicycle valet parking for big events...
but you still have a good little walk to the mall from where the valet is. Most times it is set up near Fst between 10th to 13th or so...

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#10)
Mojito Anyone?

November 11, 2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I'm good with driving a little further in and then riding. I'll shoot you a text.
cool just let me know.. im charging up my lights now.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#11)
Mojito Anyone?

November 11, 2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
yeah my GF is military and got us 3 tickets.....i live in DC and the subway (Greenline metro Georgia ave/petworth) is a 90 second walk from my front door....the only issue will be transfering to one of the other lines...

Anyway...id rather sit at home and watch on tv....but she wants to go.

Most times they have bicycle valet parking for big events...
but you still have a good little walk to the mall from where the valet is. Most times it is set up near Fst between 10th to 13th or so...

if thats the case ill be bring out the b bike..

ay ya yay
Unread
  (#12)
All weather rider

November 11, 2014, 11:11 AM

Metered parking in Arlington is not enforced today (Holiday schedule and closings for Arlington County VA). A nice 10 minute bike trip to the Lincoln Memorial from Rosslyn would be ideal... lock up the bike and walk from there. Just park at the metered spaces at the Westpark hotel or near the metro and take the bike path along The Potomac, then hang a right where the path crosses the GW parkway and goes over Memorial Bridge.
Unread
  (#13)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 11, 2014, 11:16 AM

Hey Mike.....
if you want to drive down to my house in DC...then hit the subway with me and the GF let me know...

hit me on FB....not sure what time we rolling down...
(DC living advantage)
this goes for anyone else also...

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#14)
Knee Draggin!

November 11, 2014, 01:10 PM

I could here the sound check, last night, a few miles away in Arlington!
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 11, 2014, 01:24 PM

I think ima leave out about 3pmish.