DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 505
4 members and 501 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, GRN96WS6, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Spike

August 13, 2004, 11:48 AM

I posted this on .com and got some feed back. It was all pretty positive, just wondered if anyone thought differently.

Moms wants to set me up with a guy that works at the same place as she. She used to work for him but switched departments. She claims he's great and wonderful and I'd really like him. I'm supposed to go over today to take her lunch and to 'inadvertantly' meet this dude. I'm really nervous cuz I hate walking in blind. He's seen me before and has been asking about me.
What do you guys think? Should I be worried or what?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#2)
DT
Yesssssss.....

August 13, 2004, 11:56 AM

Why worry???

Best case scenario - you like the guy - have lunch, goes well, things develop.

Worst case scenario - you hate the guy (or feel indifferently) - get a free lunch - and you get to shoot your mom down every time she brings up the subject again, and you're free from that obligation for the rest of your life!!

Either way, you win. That help??

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#3)
What's today? aah fuck it

August 13, 2004, 12:10 PM

Yea, what DT said. Take a shot of something right before it, if you want. That way you won't be so nervous.

*note to self: Next time i have dating issues, consult Chris*
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
DT
Yesssssss.....

August 13, 2004, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
Yea, what DT said. Take a shot of something right before it, if you want. That way you won't be so nervous.

*note to self: Next time i have dating issues, consult Chris*

Thanks bro -

04 600RR - SOLD

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#5)
Spike

August 13, 2004, 12:31 PM

Thanks peeps!!!!
If he's really bad, I'll smack her right then and leave! (j/k)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#6)
I miss you Jeff

August 13, 2004, 01:47 PM

Hey...first of all - a girls gotta eat, right? Basic survival skills. If he's a BIG loser..you never have to see him again. The person that should be worried about it is your mom. She's the one that has to make excuses for you as to why you're not calling him. If she don't care - go for it. You never know who you're gonna meet. Always worth a chance.

Just one other thing - Are you enough over your Ex to even give this guy a chance?

~Jennifer~

LaoTzu: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you take a bite out of one and throw it back in the box if it sucks."

Rossi: "You are the SCHMOOPIFIER!"

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermi...SpicyTWAT1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cajen  
Unread
  (#7)
Spike

August 13, 2004, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajen
Hey...first of all - a girls gotta eat, right? Basic survival skills. If he's a BIG loser..you never have to see him again. The person that should be worried about it is your mom. She's the one that has to make excuses for you as to why you're not calling him. If she don't care - go for it. You never know who you're gonna meet. Always worth a chance.

Just one other thing - Are you enough over your Ex to even give this guy a chance?
Good advice. As for the 'am i over my ex'...not entirely but then I just want to meet the guy. I am looking for someone to hang out with, go to a movie or grab a bite to eat. More of someone just to date, have someone to do things with. I don't want to get married right now so no rush. It's been a little over a month, but I have enough closure with the ex to start going out. I haven't been on a date in forever so if I like the guy, it may be fun. If not, I'll keep looking. I do, however, think this is just a one time thing b/c he lives a good distance away. I'd rather have someone more local, and besides, I don't think he rides and that's just not cool!!! (haha)
Unread
  (#8)
DT
Yesssssss.....

August 13, 2004, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatooz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajen

I do, however, think this is just a one time thing b/c he lives a good distance away. I'd rather have someone more local, and besides, I don't think he rides and that's just not cool!!! (haha)
jtatooz - go to lunch on the bike and see if he'll ride b^tch.

04 600RR - SOLD

Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

August 13, 2004, 04:26 PM

GO for it!!!
What's it going to hurt? (except for if you shut him down and he is pawning after you like a puppy. j/k!!!)

Wow. Just..................wow.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Super Moderator

August 13, 2004, 08:49 PM

Ok..Lemme say this.

There is nothing wrong with meeting ANYONE. ITS JUST LUNCH! Sex isnt a requirement! I am 32 years old. The way I think of it is that you are just getting to know a person. Its not really a date either, Its just lunch. And who knows - even if it doesnt work out and you dont like him in that way, you might meet a really cool person and become good friends.

And the thing about getting over your EX - Dont kid yourself. No one EVER gets over ex's issue - We get THROUGH the ex issue. And also, you just made yourself an OPEN target! A single women on the board?! WATCH OUT!!!

So, do you work in or near D.C.? Wanna do lunch sometime!!! Might as well start it up!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#11)
Happiness Consultant

August 13, 2004, 08:55 PM

go for it. everyone has put in good reasons for doing so, so I am not going to regurgitate anything.

if your mom likes, cant be too bad. just hope he aint some wacko stalker.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#12)
Spike

August 13, 2004, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
Ok..Lemme say this.

There is nothing wrong with meeting ANYONE. ITS JUST LUNCH! Sex isnt a requirement! I am 32 years old. The way I think of it is that you are just getting to know a person. Its not really a date either, Its just lunch. And who knows - even if it doesnt work out and you dont like him in that way, you might meet a really cool person and become good friends.

And the thing about getting over your EX - Dont kid yourself. No one EVER gets over ex's issue - We get THROUGH the ex issue. And also, you just made yourself an OPEN target! A single women on the board?! WATCH OUT!!!

So, do you work in or near D.C.? Wanna do lunch sometime!!! Might as well start it up!!

Scorpion, you're a nut!!! I am also 32! I am dealing with those 'issues' very well. I will never go back and it's just done. I don't have any hard feelings, just not meant to be.

Lunch went well, he is a very sweet guy and he does make you smile. But absolutely NO chemistry. Very nice guy if any of you single ladies live in Winchester, VA!!! I would highly recommend him to you.
Unread
  (#13)
Happiness Consultant

August 13, 2004, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
Ok..Lemme say this.

Scorpion, you're a nut!!! I am also 32! I am dealing with those 'issues' very well. I will never go back and it's just done. I don't have any hard feelings, just not meant to be.

Lunch went well, he is a very sweet guy and he does make you smile. But absolutely NO chemistry. Very nice guy if any of you single ladies live in Winchester, VA!!! I would highly recommend him to you.
James is actually 33, he's just in denial. He'll give some shizzit about not being 33 yet...but he's closer to 33 then 32....and for his birthday, Im going to make him cry like a little girl.

BAC James......more A then B....

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#14)
Spike

August 13, 2004, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Suave the mack who is working tonight
James is actually 33, he's just in denial. He'll give some shizzit about not being 33 yet...but he's closer to 33 then 32....and for his birthday, Im going to make him cry like a little girl.

BAC James......more A then B....

word

Holy crap Ed, remind me never to tell anyone when my birthday is!!
Unread
  (#15)
Happiness Consultant

August 13, 2004, 11:55 PM

Quote:

Holy crap Ed, remind me never to tell anyone when my birthday is!!
huh? arent you 29?

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this