DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 500
2 members and 498 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

January 12, 2004, 02:07 PM

A cou0ple of people approached me and expreszsed interestin going to the shooting range so I thought, "Hey. WHat a good idea! Lets see who wants to go!" So, I was thinking about maybe next weekend going to the shooting range. I live in Maryland, so it will be easier for me to go into Virginia where most of you live. So, here are the questions:

Who is interested in going? Where is there a shooting range near yall? Can you make sure it is an open range so you dont need to get a membership to go? Can you bring in your own ammo or do you have to buy it there? How much is it per hour? How many people per lane are allowed? Etc..

Also, for the people who want to go but never have shot a gun before: I can teach you if you want. I have taught two of my good friends who happen to be women and now they both own handguns and are active going to the range. I am also a very safety concious person so if people start actiing crazy..Im outa there.

ANyone else have suggestions?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

January 12, 2004, 02:13 PM

James, I def want to do this. Need to shoot off some steam since I cannot ride. I will look around to see what I can find.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I am a bitch, so what?

January 12, 2004, 02:18 PM

Cool. I'm in if someone will teach me. Me with a gun, man that just sounds dangerous!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#4)
Brainwash Your Face!

January 12, 2004, 02:25 PM

Vik- its so much fun!!!!!!! Kinda scary but beats the hell out of video games

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

Unread
  (#5)
Happiness Consultant

January 12, 2004, 02:31 PM

its been a while since I've been shooting. So Im down, just let me know where and when. Gonna have to rent me a gat tho.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

January 12, 2004, 02:51 PM

Target shooting is a blast, I havent been in a few years since I havent owned a gun since I moved back here.

It can get kinda pricy depending on how many rounds you shoot. And the larger the calibur pistol the more the ammo costs. Dont expect to shoot for less than $50 or so. If you shoot a bigger gun, and rent it, expect it to be more like $75.

Some of the rental guns aren't in the best shape at some ranges. Best to scope the place out ahead of time. Its a bummer if the gun is jamming all the time, and honestly its a bit dangerous.

Pay close attention to the rules. If they throw you out ( its happened to me a couple times ) you dont get your money back.

If you dont shoot a lot I reccommend shooting a larger calibur gun like a .45 - They are more fun cause of the recoil
If you are actually shopping for a gun you might not want something that big.

Id probably join you all but Im really pinching pennies right now and I dont want to get tempted to buy a gun.
Unread
  (#7)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

January 12, 2004, 02:52 PM

I'm in

Honda Cbr600RR NESBA #135
"Your anger makes me Happy"
Ambivalent? Welllll, yes and no.
You are about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

January 12, 2004, 02:53 PM

Oh and the prices I was quoting might be out of date, but thats about how much it cost to run 100 rounds through a .45 or a 9mm about 5 years ago.
Unread
  (#9)
Site Admin

January 12, 2004, 03:06 PM

im down...havent done this in over 5 years!
Unread
  (#10)

January 12, 2004, 03:07 PM

I shoot at the NRA. It is one of the nicest ranges around, however you can only bring one guest in per member.
Membership is free, but you have to be a member of the NRA to have a range card. A simple test is given to anyone who wants to go on range.

Most places around (Shooters Paradise is not I think) are member oriented. Not sure what their requirements are.
You (most likely) will only be able to a few (like two or three) on range at any time...the rest would have to rotate in.
Unread
  (#11)
Brainwash Your Face!

January 12, 2004, 03:11 PM

http://www.shooters-paradise.com/index.shtml

Yeah I think Shooters Paradise is best fitted for our needs. No membership. They have rentals. If you have your own gun, you don't have to purchase their ammo. The prices are very reasonable.

If we set a date, time, and how many are going to attend I will contact them about group rates.

Unread
  (#12)
Happiness Consultant

January 12, 2004, 03:24 PM

lets set the date for a weekend, Woodbridge is a journey for me. I'll have grown a beard by the time I get there.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

January 12, 2004, 04:00 PM

im up for Shooters Paradise anytime. I go there a few times a month. Someone might want to set up a date and time so we dont have to wait for some lanes. They get pretty busy on the weekends. My dad has a membership there if that counts for anything.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#14)
Super Moderator

January 12, 2004, 04:03 PM

There's also the Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly. Not sure about the prices but I know when I was there the last time, we brought our own ammo.

I'd be up for it!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#15)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

January 12, 2004, 05:56 PM

I wanna go, I wanna go. I've got two .38 revolvers, ones a police special. I enhareted them from my grandfather and have no idea if they're registered...will that be a problem?

Shooters Paradise is right up the road from me. Well its actually a left turn, then 2 more lefts, then a right, then another left and then lots of lights another right, and then up the road.

-Steve

-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I walked in on Steve while he was in the bathroom once, it was glorious...
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
2002 Sportster 883 (for her)
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 (second one) - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DAYUIZ Send a message via AIM to DAYUIZ