DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
0 members and 557 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Help a Noob out
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Help a Noob out - July 17, 2006, 06:22 PM

So how do these social gatherings work. Im pretty much a noob. What are the different days and how do they work. Can I just show up? Is there a cover? Do I need a bike? Help a brotha out.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#2)
IrightI

July 17, 2006, 06:38 PM

TWT or Two Wheel Tuesday is held on Tuesdays... duh. Location is to be determined, usually by a post ahead of time. Depending on location, never been a cover. Usually some t.v. and some good food. You don't need a bike for anything except rides. The Spot is on Thursdays - located in Herndon at the Starbucks near Fudruckers. Again, no bike needed, show up and have a good time.

06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track

Last edited by brian; July 17, 2006 at 06:40 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site Owner

July 17, 2006, 06:39 PM

Depends on the day!

Tuesdays are our traditional TWT days which are just at a bar/restaurant around the DC/VA/MD area. They are usually 21+ though. Most people ride up to them and have dinner and chill out and meet people. Some drive if they can't ride.

Thursdays are the unofficial "Herndon Spot" which is at the Starbucks on Elden streed in Herndon near the Fuddruckers. Usually people ride to this. Hang out in the parking lot and BS with eachother and watch people projectile vomit milk out of their nose.

During the week people sometimes set up lunches... some who ride to work ride to these, most drive.

During the weekend group rides are set up. Obviously these are bike-only events.

And BTW, not everyone is cool with walking up to a group of people that they dont know, but just do it.. no ones gonna look at you like you are a weirdo.. thats why we all meet up - to meet new people... I didn't know ANYONE when i went to my first TWT.. Just gotta introduce yourself and put faces with peoples screen names!

Answer your question?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 17, 2006, 09:47 PM

yep
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95