DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 575
1 members and 574 guests
HotRod1200
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
A more area central bike night in the DMV?
Unread
  (#1)
no one's blowing up moons

A more area central bike night in the DMV? - April 17, 2013, 10:52 AM

I see posts for bike nights but the always seem to be 30 miles away and timed about 9pm.

How about something earlier? Any one interested in something more central to the area? Maybe on the way home instead of after dinner?

How about Potomac Yards? Not my favorite restaurants, etc. but it's got

Dunkin' Donuts
IHop
Don Pablo's
Hops
Starbucks

If you're picking up a few things on the way home

Best Buy
Staples
Target

If you get there too early there's a Barnes & Noble. It has a multiplex cinema, we could start biker's movie night. It's relatively close to Rt 1 and the Parkway and pretty easy to get to.

Any interest?

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/

Last edited by lam@dcsf; April 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

April 17, 2013, 11:13 AM

Cycle Gear Bike Night, Hooters, Fairfax. Tomorrow night (18th) 5-8 PM.

Come sit with me and look at boobies... I mean bikes... no I mean boobies.

Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer

2013 Sponsors: Munn Racing, KTM-Parts.com, Sunstar, ONE Industries, 661, Sunline, Tag Metals, Cycra, Asterisk, Leatt, GoPro, Twin Air, Factory Backing and Mom & Dad

Helen's Facebook
WillowRowRacing Facebook

Last edited by SxyRdr; April 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SxyRdr Send a message via AIM to SxyRdr  
Unread
  (#3)

April 17, 2013, 11:26 AM

In.

I'll be there for the Cycle Gear event but I'm wondering if any body ever tried anything closer to DC? I don't want to go all the way to Herndon/Sterling for something that doesn't even start till 9p and on a week night.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz

Unread
  (#4)
SUPERBITCHIN'

April 17, 2013, 11:33 AM

there used to be rotating tuesday night events, two wheel tuesdays up to 2008-2009 I believe, then the organizers were pissed off by people (just a rumor)/grew up (not a rumor, people age and grow up) and nobody really picked it back up because there is a lot of logistics involved.

Also because .net is so vast georgraphically it is hard to pick a central location, since the central location might be just the farthers point to most.
That's why you see so many different events going on at all times once the season picks up.

There used to be events in Adams morgan untill DC police decided that you can only park in certain spots. I'm sure it has something to do with Von chasing all the white women. 90% sure that was it.

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#5)

April 17, 2013, 11:55 AM

Yeah, in DC is a problem, anywhere close to town is a problem cause the parking is crap.

That's why I wondered about Potomac Yards. It has a lot of parking, it's right over the bridge and on a major road. I'm not very familiar with the MD side but I don't know any thing closer that has so much parking.

I wasn't thinking anything organized. More of a maintenance-free, just show up on the day if you want kind of thing.

A place, a day, a time - with enough different stuff nearby for a variety of interests.

Physics always wins

Quote:
unintentional accidental

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3

Last edited by lam@dcsf; April 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 17, 2013, 01:00 PM

I'd be interested in a Potomac Yards bike night. Riding 30 miles at 9pm on a weekday and waking up at 4:30am don't mix.

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
Unread
  (#7)
Give me the Ban Button!

April 17, 2013, 01:07 PM

Potomac yards is 5 minutes from my house so I would be down.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

April 17, 2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {SALVA} View Post
there used to be rotating tuesday night events, two wheel tuesdays up to 2008-2009 I believe, then the organizers were pissed off by people (just a rumor)/grew up (not a rumor, people age and grow up) and nobody really picked it back up because there is a lot of logistics involved.

Also because .net is so vast georgraphically it is hard to pick a central location, since the central location might be just the farthers point to most.
That's why you see so many different events going on at all times once the season picks up.

There used to be events in Adams morgan untill DC police decided that you can only park in certain spots. I'm sure it has something to do with Von chasing all the white women. 90% sure that was it.
Saint EX is rather biker friendly and Parking Enforcement doesn't seem to bother the bikes. There's a good amount of space outside of Saint Ex, and across the street at Matchbox which just opened up a few months ago.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)

April 17, 2013, 10:32 PM

Potomac Yards sucks to shop at let alone have a bike night.

There are a bunch of us in Arlington that meet up locally, and regularly. Granted, do not roll up on anything other than a Agusta, Ducati, BMW, or at worst an Aprillia and you will fit right in.

Just kidding - all are welcome, it is chill. But there are some older dudes with real nice bikes who I think put 5 miles on them a year. Just do not show up on a scooter and you will be fine. Scooter riders are infiltrating the Arlington scene and need to be stopped. Anyone who sees a scooter on route 50 during rush hour has an obligation to remove them.

I'll post up next Arlington meet up. It is a random/eclectic group. South side social/rio grande/etc locations normally. Street parking is worked out as needed.
Unread
  (#10)
Crush City

April 18, 2013, 11:02 AM

What about smoothie king by pentagon city mall?
We could start a Wednesday night meet up there..
Unread
  (#11)

April 18, 2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixR4kids View Post
What about smoothie king by pentagon city mall?
We could start a Wednesday night meet up there..
Not sure about good parking there. Every time I go over there in the afternoon/evening parking is an issue.

One of the reasons I thought of Potomac Yards, besides all the parking, is how easy it is to get on the GWMP for anyone(s) that want to make a quick run and come back. Say someone that just got a new bike or mod, etc.

Physics always wins

Quote:
unintentional accidental

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3

Unread
  (#12)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

April 18, 2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellraiserinDC View Post
Saint EX is rather biker friendly and Parking Enforcement doesn't seem to bother the bikes. There's a good amount of space outside of Saint Ex, and across the street at Matchbox which just opened up a few months ago.
I have noticed a lot of bikes parked there, sometimes on the sidewalk. Is that what you mean about not bothering the bikes?
Unread
  (#13)
TEAM.SUKUZI

April 18, 2013, 01:16 PM

10 mins from me, why not.

sex addict