DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 574
1 members and 573 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Most Creative Bar?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ
 
GiixerFiend7's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,472
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Bristow VA
Most Creative Bar? - January 8, 2010, 07:20 PM

So what bars in Nova are the coolest most creative/entertaining spots and why?


.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Now with a TBSP of love
 
Spiritnblk's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,990
Join Date: June 16, 2007
Location: Manassas
January 8, 2010, 07:32 PM

I haven't found either
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ
 
GiixerFiend7's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,472
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Bristow VA
January 8, 2010, 07:44 PM

yea everywhere is just average and kinda boring unless your with a gang of people


.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
FASTER
 
JUSTGO's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,474
Join Date: December 17, 2003
Location: Reston
January 9, 2010, 10:03 AM

If they exist I would like to know myself. They are all kinda bland. No real flavor or attitude. I also think Virginia makes it hard on bar owners. One issue is you can't have just a bar. In VA atleast 50% of all sales has to be food. So I think many bars have to dumb it down to get enough food business.

For me it turns into more who you are with then where you are going.


Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it

Last edited by JUSTGO; January 9, 2010 at 10:05 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Mohawk Ryderz Prez
 
J dubbz's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,241
Join Date: August 4, 2006
Location: Ashburn VA
January 9, 2010, 10:35 AM

Greene Turtle in Leesburg "NEW", N ICON Sports bar & club in fairfax. located where the old RAIN nightclub used to be. we going there tonite @ 8pm for cowboys/philly game.


www.MohawkRyderz.com
http://www.Facebook.com/MohawkRyderz
http://www.twitter.com/MohawkRyderz

2012 zx10r
2004 Cbr1000rr black - Sold
2006 R1 anniversary edition - Sold
2006 Gsxr 600 red/blk - Sold
2006 Gsxr 600 flat Green/Silver - Sold
2007 Gsxr 600 flat blk/pink - wifey's Sold
2004 Yamaha R1 Black Sold
2003 Hayabusa orange Sold
2006 zx6r blk mobile jukebox (contest winner-hater's bike)Sold
2004 R6 blk/red Sold
2007 zx10r blue Sold
2005 zx6r red Sold
2003 R6 blk sold
2007 zx6r blk sold
2003 R6 red sold
2001 ducati 900ss sold
1996 zx6e sold

Xbox 360 - (Mohawk Ryderz)
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
January 9, 2010, 11:18 AM

Nada....DC has nothing. I wish we had a SupperClub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpjxcEVrvCw

http://www.supperclub.com/

I do like Zengo's food.


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Owner of the Site Owner
 
Posts: 3,793
Join Date: February 3, 2006
January 9, 2010, 11:24 AM

its 60/40 for food to liquor

icons is rain.. same owner.. they just added games and tvs - will be as ghetto as it was before, along with primetime.. stay there past 10 o'clock and cops come or they get shut down for over capacity.

our area is all chain restaurants and bars unless you go into DC you're not going to get anything entertaining.


-

I tow 747s


"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
cake > pie
 
absinthe_now's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,517
Join Date: April 8, 2009
Location: Arlington, Va.
January 9, 2010, 11:30 AM

Heard House of Wonders in DC is kind of entertaining. I haven't been myself but a buddy went on NYE and said it was a mix between dive bar and sideshow act.

I wish Springfield had a decent little bar. I prefer small joints with a regular crowd. A place with a community feel to it.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
January 9, 2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliodotnet View Post
its 60/40 for food to liquor

icons is rain.. same owner.. they just added games and tvs - will be as ghetto as it was before, along with primetime.. stay there past 10 o'clock and cops come or they get shut down for over capacity.

our area is all chain restaurants and bars unless you go into DC you're not going to get anything entertaining.
Very true.

Marrakesh is pretty nice also. 12 course meal for a very reasonable price and their house white wine is realllllly good! The belly dancers are very attractive as well. The front room is traditional decor and the back is very comtemporary and where it tends to get a little wild.

http://www.marrakesh.us/


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
January 9, 2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_now View Post
Heard House of Wonders in DC is kind of entertaining. I haven't been myself but a buddy went on NYE and said it was a mix between dive bar and sideshow act.

I wish Springfield had a decent little bar. I prefer small joints with a regular crowd. A place with a community feel to it.

Yeah, I have been TRYING to get SOME PEOPLE to go Palace of Wonders for 2 years now. NOT SAYING ANY NAMES

http://www.palaceofwonders.com/home.html


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Owner of the Site Owner
 
Posts: 3,793
Join Date: February 3, 2006
January 9, 2010, 11:49 AM

kates irsh pub lol


-

I tow 747s


"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Largely Unsupervised....
 
Corbett's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,539
Join Date: August 23, 2006
Location: Falls Church, VA
January 10, 2010, 06:55 PM

H St NE is my playground. The newest, most interesting watering hole there is Little Miss Whiskey's Golden Dollar. No sign, just a purple light outside...think it's 1104 H St. Owned by the same folks that own Jimmy Valentines Lonely Hearts Club. Best to bring you're own friends or SO. H St Country Club has mini-golf inside. Best place to meet new and interesting people is still Rock n Roll Hotel or Palace of Wonders.

I know of nothing noteworthy in NoVA. Honorable mention to:

Jay's Saloon on 10th St N Arl is a cheap watering hole that is walking distance to Clarendon...so some of the professional drinkers stop there before stumbling over to the pricier bars with crappy bartender service. (which is in abundance in N. Arlington)


--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
January 10, 2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
H St NE is my playground. The newest, most interesting watering hole there is Little Miss Whiskey's Golden Dollar. No sign, just a purple light outside...think it's 1104 H St. Owned by the same folks that own Jimmy Valentines Lonely Hearts Club. Best to bring you're own friends or SO. H St Country Club has mini-golf inside. Best place to meet new and interesting people is still Rock n Roll Hotel or Palace of Wonders.

I know of nothing noteworthy in NoVA. Honorable mention to:

Jay's Saloon on 10th St N Arl is a cheap watering hole that is walking distance to Clarendon...so some of the professional drinkers stop there before stumbling over to the pricier bars with crappy bartender service. (which is in abundance in N. Arlington)


You always have fun

I keep hearing about Lil Miss Whiskey. My boy Sharkey spins there often.


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Largely Unsupervised....
 
Corbett's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,539
Join Date: August 23, 2006
Location: Falls Church, VA
January 11, 2010, 03:16 PM

Little Miss Whiskey's is sort of the bizarro New Orleans themed decor....instead of Red and Black the decor is Dark Blue and Black with plenty of the gaudy lounge decor and subdued lighting....and a small landscaped terrace out the back door for warmer months. Just a cozy place to chill with a nice feel. Located off the main H St corridor unlike JVLHC. Miller High Life tall boys for the win. (For some reason wasn't able to get PBR.)


--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Brainwash Your Face!
 
boomchic00's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,231
Join Date: June 4, 2003
January 11, 2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
Little Miss Whiskey's is sort of the bizarro New Orleans themed decor....instead of Red and Black the decor is Dark Blue and Black with plenty of the gaudy lounge decor and subdued lighting....and a small landscaped terrace out the back door for warmer months. Just a cozy place to chill with a nice feel. Located off the main H St corridor unlike JVLHC. Miller High Life tall boys for the win. (For some reason wasn't able to get PBR.)
No PBR makes me very sad. Not many DC bars carry the best beer in the world!!!


"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.