DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 550
2 members and 548 guests
2blueyam, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Socials Corner

LinkBack Thread Tools
That new movie 300?
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

That new movie 300? - March 9, 2007, 02:16 PM

Looks pretty awesome! Anyone going to go check it out?!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

March 9, 2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
Looks pretty awesome! Anyone going to go check it out?!
i direct you here.

300 - Tomorrow (Tysons)

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#3)
I am a bitch, so what?

March 9, 2007, 02:23 PM

me! I'm going to see it tonight.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

March 9, 2007, 02:31 PM

Good news...a few friends of mine saw it and said that it lives up to the hype! Also, they said it is one of the best visual movies they've seen.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 9, 2007, 03:15 PM

I want to see it on imax....otherwise I'll wait for netflix.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#6)
DCSB.net NC division

March 9, 2007, 11:34 PM

local imax (at least A&S museum) doesnt play R rated movies.

Just got back from 300 at tysons... i give it an 8/10
it was like a 2 hour long trailer... lots of slow motion and poor character development.

BUT!... the cinematography and action and all in all bad-ass'ness made the movie pretty damn awesome. it really does match the graphic novel almost line for line.

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#7)
Got my Permit

March 10, 2007, 12:47 AM

does anyone know if there is an imax in the area that will show it?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mocheezz  
Unread
  (#8)
Lets go toaster shopping

March 10, 2007, 08:00 AM

Has anyone read "gates of fire" from which this movie is supposed to be based? Was just wondering how it compared. Really looking forward to seeing it but hope its just not a pure fantasy movie, and that it incorporates some of the really good elements described in 'gates' about the Spartan society and how they lived and trained for war. For those that are interested "Gates of Fire" is a very good book that is often recognized throughout the military for its depiction of 'why' the military trains the way it does, and how it 'makes' warriors, and why a nation needs people like this. I highly recommend it. Enjoy the movie....and hopefully the book.

Viper Pilot
95 FZR 600 Mark II
http://www.myspace.com/viper_pilot
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ViperPilot  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

March 10, 2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocheezz
does anyone know if there is an imax in the area that will show it?
Define "in the area." Closest ones are in Richmond or Baltimore, I think, at least they were when Superman Returns was playing.

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

March 10, 2007, 09:19 PM

excellent movie!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)
Super Moderator

March 10, 2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster
Define "in the area." Closest ones are in Richmond or Baltimore, I think, at least they were when Superman Returns was playing.
I dont think the IMAX in Baltimore is playing it.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#12)
Agitator

March 10, 2007, 10:22 PM

+1 to this movie...very good

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#13)
I'm an Asshole

March 10, 2007, 11:27 PM

Just got back from seeing it. Lots of action. Great battle scenes. Definately a good movie. But, it falls short of being an epic movie when compared to Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator, etc...

Bottom line, if the word decapitation excites you, then you want to see this.

If you can read this, give me a red dot
If you get mad when I type, do us both a favor.

Some recent rep I have been given:
-U-R-Gay (unsigned)
-you dont even ride you troll (unsigned)
-you are now 115% gay, ghey, and ghay (unsigned)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#14)
Stercus accidit

March 11, 2007, 11:19 AM

I saw it last night, what a terrible terrible movie that was. The only redeeming thing about it was that is was a R rated movie with lots of boobies and blood. Which is a nice chnage from all the PG-13 action movies of late.

I know this is based on the comic book so I was not expecting anything that was gonna be historically accurate. However this movie took liberties that made me laugh out loud. About the only thing they got right were the names in that movie. Those were not spartans, those were some kind of personal trainers who loved thier wives, valued freedom and equality, brushed their teeth every night and loved jesus. It was like the disney version of the spartans, I wont even get into what they made of the Persians lol.

Even outside of the historical garbage, the movie was pretty dull there was no real sotry line to follow. Just pretty shots followed by some long speeches etc... Some of the shots were cool looking but it was not a very good action movie either.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Harvey_TT600  
Unread
  (#15)
Licensed Rider

March 11, 2007, 11:57 AM

I dont think Disney would approve to much about them throwing their babies in a pit if they werent perfect enough.

It was a good movie overall enough to get off the couch for. I agree is wasnt no Gladiator or Braveheart but a deent flick.

Pontiac Firebird's: 91 Formula 350, 01 Trans Am WS6, Suzuki's: 09 SX4 Crossover, GSX-R's: 06 600 & 07 1K.
  Send a message via AIM to