DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 589
11 members and 578 guests
Dark, Heist, HockeyFan, legendindisguise, oneraptor, QasimZia, RileysDad, SHYUperman, SSLow3, tonetone, TonUp
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
**OFFICIAL NEWB RIDE 6/14 AFTER ACTION REPORT!
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

**OFFICIAL NEWB RIDE 6/14 AFTER ACTION REPORT! - June 15, 2009, 07:45 PM

It was a good day. I will post more later but I have something I have to do first!!

Pics..Vids...CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!! Whatever ya go

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
i suck at the introweb

June 15, 2009, 08:26 PM

i was going to start a ride report today with pics but forgot the connection cable at home i will post up the report and pics here tomorrow.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

June 15, 2009, 09:45 PM

Missed the lunch but saw you guys leaving North Beach and followed ya back to rt 50 Hope everyone had a good time
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

June 15, 2009, 10:21 PM

Remember this bike:

More to come.

Last edited by Zice; June 18, 2009 at 10:38 AM..
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Talking June 15, 2009, 10:26 PM

Awsome pics! I wish I had came out for this venture. Hope to see you at the next one!
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

June 15, 2009, 10:43 PM

If a picture says a thousand words, this one tells quite a story:

Remember that green ZX from the parking lot? Well, it ain't so pretty anymore. I'm glad Pedro was alright.

A lotta love flowin on this ride. I was feelin it. I'm still basking in the afterglow.

Last edited by Zice; June 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 15, 2009, 11:06 PM

if i had got home before 2:30 i would have went.

whens part 2!?!?
Unread
  (#8)
SMB
sans motor bike

June 16, 2009, 06:27 AM

Not the mint KAWI nooooooooooo....

...why is it always the Kawis.....what a shame

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
Unread
  (#9)
i suck at the introweb

June 16, 2009, 10:25 AM

Zice nice photos. here is the full report:

First of all thanks for everyone that showed up, and I am glad you had fun. Also big thanks to all that helped me out on this ride:

Group 1 - led by Chris (doublins) with sweeper Kris (drnkmnk13)
Group 2 - led by Shy (pimp-n-aint EZ) with sweeper Mark (aprilliaman)
Group 3 - led by Chris (mossburg) with sweeper his friend
Group 4 - led by James (scorpion / kawlreaper) with sweeper Heather (stella)
Group 5 - led by Sarah (rogue) with sweeper Randy
Group 6 - led by Me (short_mike) with sweeper Stacy (shortstuff)

Total amount of people that showed up 59, good turn out!

So the day got started a little late (sorry about that guys) I arrived at 10:20am, but other people were running late too, thats what you get with us bikers. I was kinda nervous we were going to get a small turn out with the rain from the night before, and with the people bailing out last minute, but great turn out, and it turned out to be a beautiful day just like the weather man said (finally he's right!). So we had our big group meeting divided and lined up in the open parking lot.

All went well with the ride, 2 people went down nothing major. I was informed that one person droped their bike but nothing major at all. I belive he did not have much of a turn radius to make the sharp 10mph turn on patuxent river rd. stood the bike up hit some gravel, and fell over from what i have been told. The 2nd bike went down after luch I will get back to that in a min.

So we got to lunch at Abner's had some good photo shoots outside with all the bikes (in photos the row of bikes is actually a double row of bikes), and had an unexpected event. Management informed us since we were such a big group that everyone would be put on 1 bill . Ya I know WTF, over 50 people on 1 bill? Bill total came to $997, how was I going to divide that one up? So I had everyone sit at their table and divided the bill by table, only came up I think $40 short not to bad for that big cluster duck.

So now time to head back. Most of the people that got there in the first groups left already since they were there for an hour before the last group arrived. Last set to leave was 18 people. We were going to divide into 2 groups, but decided to run 1 big one. Shy took the lead with faster ones behind him, I took middle sweeper slower ones behind me with Heather Sweeping. It worked out really well for that many people in one group.

So on the way back we had 1 mishap (what I mentioned before) the green zx6-r went down on patuxent river rd. on the uphill S turns right after the 10mph turn. He ran wide hit the yellow line lowsided and went over the ditch and into the woods. He was not that far in front of me glad I held back a bit to keep a smaller gap between me and the people behind me. as I entered the turn I saw him laid out in the woods under the bike, I was like Holly Crap!!! I pulled over looked back and he was up, instructed the people that were there to direct traffic, told my fiance to hop off, then took off and caught up to Shy right as they were all getting to the light. He his ok little rashed up and spooked up a bit, but he finished the ride after we took a break for bit. The bike seemes to just have cosmetic damage, exhaust looked tweaked but it might be just the brackets for it, and the tank was pretty loose as well, but over all sound. Shy was the test pilot and took it for a spin after we examined it.

We ended at the exxon in Bowie BSed for a bit then roled out, when more exitement happend, now this one kinda scared me. Shy, Elizabeth (my fiance), and I were BSing I put my helmet on getting ready to leave then took it off again to talk to Shy for a quick sec again. Then when we put our helmet back on BANG!!! it happend right at the intersection we were going to be at. Right there at the light someone went through one of the red lights and a Q35 hit a Corolla full speed. One car flipped into the air and landed in the ditch by the light. There were car parts everywhere, as both front ends of the cars were completely destroyed. As the person I am I told Elizabeth to call 911 and I ran over to help with the situation as I am an emergency first responder. But people want to get gheto and act a fool and not listen. I tend to the person that seemed to be in worst condition, the girl in the Q35 she was bleeding and severely burned from the air bags. I instructed her to not move and relax, as I knew she was probably in shock, but first thing she does is get on the phone "i can't belive this betch ran the light I was at the damn right away she gonna pay for this, I about to kick their damn (racist coment) asses." The other couple in the corrolla were an older Indian couple that were not badly injured at all. But let me tell you this girl would not listen to me at all, I left her as soon as EMS Lights appeared. Though the thing that pissed me off the most were the other drivers. They were honking there horns, pushing their way through, driving around the turned cars, driving over car parts (and when I say parts there were engine parts in the middle of the road it was that bad). What to do with the inconsiderate people in this world?

Well, everyone made it home ok and it turned out to be a good day. Hope to see you all again. Enjoy the pics!

IMG_2336.jpg

the planner hard at work:
IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg *

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

Unread
  (#10)
i suck at the introweb

June 16, 2009, 10:29 AM

more:
big meeting:
IMG_2342.jpg
lining up:
IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg
lunch parking:
IMG_2347.jpg

Unread
  (#11)
TPG - screw face

June 16, 2009, 10:32 AM

pretty curve
Unread
  (#12)
i suck at the introweb

June 16, 2009, 10:34 AM

more:

IMG_2348.jpg
taking a break after crash:
IMG_2351.jpg
looking over the damage:
IMG_2352.jpg
just bsing:
IMG_2360.jpg
just bsing:
IMG_2362.jpg

Unread
  (#13)
Team Impulse

June 16, 2009, 11:03 AM

the 10mph turn on pautexent is the best! haha thats where my avatar pic was taken.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Walka  
Unread
  (#14)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

June 16, 2009, 11:36 AM

so he lowsided because he lost traction where the road was painted (double-yellow)? or did he panic and hit the eject lever (brake)?

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#15)
i suck at the introweb

June 16, 2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
so he lowsided because he lost traction where the road was painted (double-yellow)? or did he panic and hit the eject lever (brake)?
not completely sure i believe a combination of things, and the yellow just added to it and he didn't know how to react. He was a newer rider.