DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
5 members and 547 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, Heist, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
August 3rd POR Ride
Unread
  (#1)
Lets Ride!!!

August 3rd POR Ride - August 3, 2008, 10:21 PM

Today's ride was great! It was nice finally getting to ride with you guys and metting everyone. I wish I could have rode the whole ride, but had to hit 795 back home before too late. How was the rest of the trip? Cops? Thanks to the sweepers...you guys never get enough credit. Sorry for slowing you down in the back. Hope to ride with you guys again sometime. Thanks again to John for planning all of this out and helping me back home from wherever wewere!

Last edited by myblue750; August 3, 2008 at 10:37 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Lethal Snake

August 3, 2008, 10:30 PM

yep yep, good ride...thanks Jon for leading an awesome accident free ride, well when I left anyway. Sorry I couldn't stay around for lunch, but I had to get home and get some rest, only got an hour of sleep night before, and I work tonight all night. That last part, right before we stopped to eat I had to pi$$ and the bumps were killing me hah. But all in all, not bad for my first large group ride. I wasn't sure how close we were supposed to follow and I think some people behind me were getting upset...I loved it though

Oh and Malik, where's the video??

Tell me how I got 190 miles on 1 tank of gas, and the light wasn't even blinking yet...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...d18/cbrpic.jpg 07 Blue/Silver 600RR
Mods: Carbon front fender, 03-06 integrated taillight, Hotbodies flush mount signals, CF "Honda Racing" tank protector, Shogun frame sliders
Unread
  (#3)
Lets Ride!!!

August 3, 2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlistr_07RR
But all in all, not bad for my first large group ride. I wasn't sure how close we were supposed to follow and I think some people behind me were getting upset...I loved it though
I was actually behind you for quite some time and thought you were doing fine man. As many on this forum say "Ride your own ride"---I know I took it really easy today because I had some brand new tires just put on last night so they were still a bit slick (though, today fixed that )
Unread
  (#4)
Derpentine Dealer

August 3, 2008, 10:49 PM

Glad you guys had a good time. Me too. Just got home at 11:30 pm. I knew I should have taken the clear shield.

So for those of you who dropped before Loch Raven, we met a local named Bill who took us on some awesome roads up north and east of there. Did some riding in Pennsylvania eventually. I dropped the ball on setting my odometer, but I estimate we put in around 600 miles by the time it was all said and done. Windblown and Jaxx maybe more like 700+ with the long ride home.

North Central Maryland rocks. Route needs some refinement but I think we have the foundation for a killer epic loop.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#5)
Lethal Snake

August 3, 2008, 10:57 PM

Yep, the best roads are up there I'm telling you. That's a long ride, wow. I had almost 5 hours in by the time I got home, but man...

And blue, I actually just had new tires put on last week, so I know what you mean. They're pretty much scrubbed in now You're the one who left at the 2nd stop right? The one that drove like 2 hours to get here lol

Mods: Carbon front fender, 03-06 integrated taillight, Hotbodies flush mount signals, CF "Honda Racing" tank protector, Shogun frame sliders
Unread
  (#6)
Lets Ride!!!

August 3, 2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlistr_07RR

And blue, I actually just had new tires put on last week, so I know what you mean. They're pretty much scrubbed in now You're the one who left at the 2nd stop right? The one that drove like 2 hours to get here lol
Yeah that was me. It was a loooongggg ride for me just to get to the chevron this morning. It was very much worth the early morning though.
Unread
  (#7)
TPG

August 3, 2008, 11:08 PM

So here I am, almost 18 hours after I said "OMW" I walk in my door... I'm exhausted, just wanted to let you all know I made it home alive...

All I can say tonight is thanks a ton to Jon for putting together an awesome trip (aleast the first 90%) and to all the sweepers... I was supprised how well it worked out with 23 bikes hauling threw those intersections... After Loch raven when the pace picked up by about 10 notches it was an experiance I will never forget, thats all I can say about that. I'm glad no one is too banged up.

Thanks again
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Jaxxx  
Unread
  (#8)
Derpentine Dealer

August 3, 2008, 11:15 PM

Trip report tomorrow. Too tired tonight.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#9)
Unprofessional Ryder

August 4, 2008, 01:00 AM

hahahahahaa.....this is the point where we had to stop for 'someone' who had a 'lose' tag......

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_7202.flv
Unread
  (#10)
Lethal Snake

August 4, 2008, 01:08 AM

Lol good deal, first video. I wanna see some twisties...

Unread
  (#11)
Unprofessional Ryder

August 4, 2008, 01:48 AM

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_7203.flv

Hlister...this one is for you....its pretty much as close-up I got to you....

06 CBR600rr (Sold)
07 REPSOL (Present)
Unread
  (#12)
Lethal Snake

August 4, 2008, 02:11 AM

Lol I actually remember that spot. Thanks

Unread
  (#13)
Unprofessional Ryder

August 4, 2008, 02:33 AM

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...LTruinedit.flv

"Mr.Bolt" - the guy infront of me.....ruined my perfectly build-up momentum for this particular straight..... (just kidding)....
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

August 4, 2008, 03:49 AM

Sounds like a pretty legit ride. Pics?
Unread
  (#15)
TPG

August 4, 2008, 03:54 AM

yeah those roads around Prettyboy, Loch Raven and the whole Greenspring Valley are where I play, once we got out of Reisterstown and I knew some great local roads me and my boys split so we could pick the pace up a lot. Thanks for setting the ride up though