DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 613
4 members and 609 guests
davidcycle, Deep, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Chill Ride Video - Sun 2/1
Unread
  (#1)
3 is better than 4

Chill Ride Video - Sun 2/1 - February 3, 2009, 11:44 PM

Thanks to everyone who came out for the Chill Ride this past weekend. All in all it was a good ride minus what I'll point out below.

The first half of the ride was great minus BRMR, but I was disappointed during the second half of the ride when the front of the pack didn't try to keep the rest of the group together and was just trying to top out at every occasion. Hence the loss of at least 4 riders. NOT COOL!

Not calling anyone out, but just be mindful of that for the future rides. If it's going to be a balls to the wall ride then make sure others are informed. Especially if they have no idea where you are going.

I'll continue to update this thread with more video... Sorry I didn't get there soon enough to take some pictures as well.

Chill Ride part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJjW...e=channel_page
Chill Ride part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6ih...e=channel_page

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Last edited by Nick675; February 6, 2009 at 08:21 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick675  
Unread
  (#2)
done for now...

February 4, 2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick675 View Post
Thanks to everyone who came out for the Chill Ride this past weekend. All in all it was a good ride minus what I'll point out below.

The first half of the ride was great minus BRMR, but I was disappointed during the second half of the ride when the front of the pack didn't try to keep the rest of the group together and was just trying to top out at every occasion. Hence the loss of at least 4 riders. NOT COOL!

Not calling anyone out, but just be mindful of that for the future rides. If it's going to be a balls to the wall ride then make sure others are informed. Especially if they have no idea where you are going.

I'll continue to update this thread with more video... Sorry I didn't get there soon enough to take some pictures as well.

Chill Ride part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJjW...e=channel_page

What are you referring to? Back down 50 or 15 to POR?
was coming for us on 15
Didn't people leave to get ready for the super bowl?

Last edited by steele11; February 4, 2009 at 08:36 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
2 wheels for life

February 4, 2009, 08:42 AM

did they repave snikersville pike? looks like it

Nice video

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
3 is better than 4

February 4, 2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele11 View Post
What are you referring to? Back down 50 or 15 to POR?
was coming for us on 15
Didn't people leave to get ready for the super bowl?
Back down 50.. Well I know freq was trying to stay with us but got stuck a ways back before 15... and that wasn't till way later. I'm not too upset as I did stick with the group till the end... I just know there were others who wanted to continue riding, but kinda got left behind.

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Unread
  (#5)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

February 4, 2009, 08:45 AM

Nice video!
I was only in charge of the ride until the end of BRMR

Once spring time hits, if you come on the POR/Haymarket rides you'll notice that it's a rather 'intense' ride; I don't think I've ever been on one that was very 'casual'.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#6)
2 wheels for life

February 4, 2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Nice video!
I was only in charge of the ride until the end of BRMR

Once spring time hits, if you come on the POR/Haymarket rides you'll notice that it's a rather 'intense' ride; I don't think I've ever been on one that was very 'casual'.
Chris's condition

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
done for now...

February 4, 2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick675 View Post
Back down 50.. Well I know freq was trying to stay with us but got stuck a ways back before 15... I'm not too upset as I did stick with the group till the end... I just know there were others who wanted to continue riding, but kinda got left behind.

Well i guess you can blame myself and Dark. We were testing his new machine
I thought we were all together on 50 until the stop light at 15. Then some didn't follow and stayed on 50 going east back to meet up spot.
Unread
  (#8)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 4, 2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I thought we were all together on 50 until the stop light at 15. Then some didn't follow and stayed on 50 going east back to meet up spot.

That would be me....

I showed up to ride, and then just wasn't feeling it that day. Tried to force it but just decided at that point that I would head home and call it a day.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#9)
3 is better than 4

February 4, 2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
As I stated above... my only concern was that some were left behind. Not so fun if you get left in the dust. Dark's new machine is quick.

Unread
  (#10)
3 is better than 4

February 4, 2009, 01:04 PM

Well TalkofDC took notice of my Tach shift lights so I went outside to go change them to come on at 9k and every 1k afterward instead of at 11k - 14k and after the engine warmed up and I started revving I notice my radiator is leaking. I must have taken a hit from the gravel on BRMR.

It's not a bad leak so I will still ride on Sat and Sun, but I haven't decided whether to take it to a radiator shop down the road and have them fix it or just buy a new radiator. This sucks.

Unread
  (#11)
Team Impulse

February 4, 2009, 01:50 PM

wow seems like thats more damage than i did with my bike that day.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Walka  
Unread
  (#12)
Elite Racing

February 4, 2009, 01:57 PM

Nick, you got your speedometer blurred out?

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#13)
3 is better than 4

February 4, 2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228 View Post
Nick, you got your speedometer blurred out?
Nah... I just have the camera positioned right above it so it's not in view.

Unread
  (#14)
yut ugh!

February 4, 2009, 03:53 PM

The speed wasnt the issue.. it was a good pace.. but I don't know if you guys in the front saw a Loudon cop sitting off to the right.. we were in heavy traffic and I guess you guys cleared before that guy.. had head on traffic and the 4 of us got all the way to leesburg without seeing any of you so we pulled over to gas up. figured you guys would have noticed us gone lol! but we couldn't find the pack so we ended up going our seperate ways from there. The ride the week before was better b/c of the attention that was given to keep the pack together, imo. And that's not the leader's job completely, but up to us to communicate with a thumbs up or down.

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen
Unread
  (#15)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

February 4, 2009, 05:19 PM

I know who was to blame...his name starts with A.

-Ryan