DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 134
2 members and 132 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Crazy stuff can happen commuting
Unread
  (#1)
What failure looks like

Crazy stuff can happen commuting - August 16, 2007, 03:30 PM

So I'm riding home last Friday and traffic sucked bad on 95S. I'm on HOV and minding my own business. I decide that it's better to get off HOV at 234 and cruise mainline so I don't get stuck in the backup on HOV at the merge. I get off and proceed on mainline. I then get all the way over to the right lane and I am moving with the pace of traffic (which was at a slow crawl). The middle lane starts moving a bit faster so I check my blind spot put on the signal and merge.

This is where it gets interesting:

After I get over in the middle lane the explorer that I got in front of was apparently pissed that I merged. So he decided to pull up next to me (in the same lane). While he did this he hit my leg pinning my leg between the bike and his front right fender. I manuver the bike to get my leg out and I proceeded to kick his fender and flick him off. The guy slams on his breaks and jumps out of his truck.

"Well" I thought "I should definitely pull over so this guy knows he just freakin' hit me". I get over to the shoulder and the guy runs up and begins to hit and push me off my bike. I regain my balance and keep the bike upright. I'm trying to put the stand down and he still is continuing to hit me (I am fully geared so I don't really feel anything). I get off the bike and that is when he goes for my bike to kick it!

In my mind you don't funk with my bike! I reach back into Monday's anger and furry and clock the guy "squa" on the chin. He's dazed and reeling a bit as I figure out "what the hell just happened?!!?". That's when I explain to him he just hit me with his truck and he has no right to be pissed at me. I yell at the guy telling him to get back in his truck and get the hell out of my face and he says "You wouldn't be so bad without that helmet on!". To which I replied "you weren't so bad out of your truck B!$%h".

It ended when a guy in a green Nissan Xterra pulled up and said to the guy "I called the police and gave them your plate number for hitting the guy on the bike". The idiot from the explorer immediately took off for his truck and bailed.

The funniest part was when the guy in the Xterra said to me "he was all bad until you knocked the shit out of him"

Cops never showed and nothing came of it. I went home and had a

Moral of the story:
If you are faced with this situation, just split lanes and get the fuck out of dodge.

Cliff notes:
Idiot hits me with his truck...I hit him with my fist..I had a very needed beer when I got home

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced

Last edited by nrcooled; August 16, 2007 at 03:38 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

August 16, 2007, 03:37 PM

Damn.... Sucks the Police didn't show up. That guy sounds like he needs a few days in jail to cool down.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

August 16, 2007, 03:39 PM

Thats fakin NUTZ!

First, Glad you are ok and were able to maintain as much of your cool as you did.

Also glad you clocked that faker.

You should follow up with the police. That guy is just going to take out his aggression on another rider at some point. Get this guy with assult with a deadly weapon (hitting you with a truck) felony leaving the scene, and road rage.

Put his ass in jail before he kills a rider.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
What failure looks like

August 16, 2007, 03:40 PM

I would've loved to see the guy get sat down in cuffs but I had to get home to get my daughter from pre-school (I had to go home, get my car and get to the school)

BTW - I was wearing gauntlet style gloves. So I know it had to hurt!

'04 600RR - Street
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
Unread
  (#5)
TEAM.SUKUZI

August 16, 2007, 03:46 PM

I was radio'd but my cruiser wasn't washed that morning, nor did I have the motivation to write up a report..besides i was enjoying my free slurpy - courtesy of 7-11. But by the time I got to the location(2 hours later) u guys were gone! - next time u should just wait. Slurpy's are no rush to finish~

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

August 16, 2007, 04:28 PM

next time follw up with several more punches to the face till the attacker is knocked out. Then go to his car and throw his keys in the nearest feild. always carry over sized zipp ties so you can cuff him and place him in his car. Make sure you take down all the witnesses statments and info. Then call the POPO. Then you can whatch his car get towed and him wake up in a cop car. He would have been screwed.

arested
car towed
several charges
he may have gotten assault with a deadly weapon for hitting you with the car.
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 16, 2007, 05:28 PM

doing that would also land you with some charges

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#8)
What failure looks like

August 17, 2007, 09:14 AM

I was freaked because I did have the gloves on. I believe that would be considered assult with a deadly weapon. All I wanted to do was get him off of me and my property (bike). Next time I'm just going to call the cops first and let them sort it out.

That guy was a complete nut!

'04 600RR - Street
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
Unread
  (#9)
MSF Student

August 17, 2007, 09:39 AM

This just scares me. I commute from Gaithersburg to Georgetown whenever it's not raining and run into my own fair share of assholes.
Unread
  (#10)
FASTER

August 17, 2007, 09:47 AM

Obviously there is something wrong with that guy. Once someone shows road rage towards me on my bike I get out of his way so he can't hurt me. But if some dude actually hit me I think I would loose it. You did a good job keeping your cool. He was just lucky it was not someone else. Maybe he learned his lesson. Where you still on the bike when you hit him?

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Unread
  (#11)
PewPew

August 17, 2007, 09:50 AM

had a few people try and hit me before while commuting, but they failed miserably after learning a 1000cc sportbike is > lumbring SUV

Glad to hear you're alright, man. Be thankful he wasn't packin'

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#12)
coooooookie

August 17, 2007, 09:59 AM

That's is just down right insane. That guy needs to be committed. Did you get the plate from the Xterra driver? You should at least get him for hit and run and get him for "I tried to start shit, got focked up and ran like a puss!"

Glad you're ok. I feel lucky I have not had to deal with any of this behavior......yet.

John
'07 ZX-6R
NESBA #10
Sportbiketracktime #10

JEMM Auto detailing
Cars, Bikes, RV's, Trailers, bathtubs. If you pay me I will buff it.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

August 17, 2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2
doing that would also land you with some charges
Self defense + witness = no charges. Punch away. Just dont go crazy and stomp him.
Unread
  (#14)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

August 17, 2007, 10:07 AM

Another lesson learned from this story is how important it can be to remain at the scene if you're just a witness. Too often witnesses leave without telling their side of the story figuring OTHER people will do this. If no one had witnessed the incident (and left their contact info) then it would have been one's word against another.

As a woman, I don't know that I would have stopped and spoken to the angry guy, but I like to think I would have stuck around to tell the cops my side of the story (or left contact info to tell them later if I was in a hurry).

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

August 17, 2007, 10:07 AM

atleast it wasnt more than a simple punch and he left..this is some crazy stuff to have happen
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy