DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
5 members and 557 guests
Dark, davidcycle, dubplaya, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   After the Ride... (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f61/)
-   -   Got pulled over and never made it to "the spot" (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f61/got-pulled-over-never-made-spot-39437/)

RRaj June 13, 2008 10:20 AM

Got pulled over and never made it to "the spot"

so last night i met up with 5 others and we were riding up to "the spot." we were headed north on route 28. there was road work going on and 2 lanes were blocked. traffic was backed up pretty bad so we started rolling down the shoulder really slow (dumb idea). as we merge back into the lane a cop spots us and gets out of his car (traffic wasnt moving). he pulled us all aside 1 by 1 near the air and space museum exit. we ended up spending over an hour sittin on the ledge on 28 but we were lucky enough to get away with warnings. woo hoo!!! so, we never made it to the spot and just rode back home instead :( we saw other sport bikes pass by, probably on their way to the spot.

:over:

Deep June 13, 2008 10:47 AM

sux man ..

pauliodotnet June 13, 2008 11:15 AM

HAH

cf3232 June 13, 2008 11:22 AM

Did this when i first started learning to ride. Won't do it again. I got a warning as well.

dubplaya June 13, 2008 11:24 AM

:lol:

JTG40cal June 13, 2008 11:26 AM

Someone else got nabbed last night. As we were leaving (around 10pm?) two cars had a bike stopped off one of the side streets about a block down (heading back towards the toll road off Elden)

FlipNRSix June 13, 2008 11:28 AM

Yeah, it's a No No! It's good that everyone is safe too. Reason is people gets pissed off when they see bikes riding on the shoulder. I've actually seen the same situation where the car weaved into to shoulder right in front of the bike almost putting the bike against the road barrier.

Musikkant June 13, 2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlipNRSix
Yeah, it's a No No! It's good that everyone is safe too. Reason is people gets pissed off when they see bikes riding on the shoulder. I've actually seen the same situation where the car weaved into to shoulder right in front of the bike almost putting the bike against the road barrier.

Jealousy, it's definately my favorite sin! :lol:

usman June 13, 2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlipNRSix

aka attempted vehicular man slaughter.

shiphteey June 13, 2008 10:57 PM

wait a sec. 5 bikes....1 cop.....something doesn't add up.

C2H5OH June 13, 2008 11:48 PM

blowngt June 14, 2008 12:38 AM

That is just what I am saying......5 bikes 1 cop........walkn up to ya too? Good thing ya got a warning...........I am thinkin I would have been long gone. ahahahahaha. Even Carl Lewis isn't gonna catch a 250 ;)

Just fkn with ya.....doing the right thing paid off here........well doing the wrong thing and then doing the right thing paid off.

Carnage June 14, 2008 12:43 AM

5 bikes 1 cop.

:wtf:

NOOB RIDE ;)

windblown June 14, 2008 09:26 AM

Ya'll took a chance, got noticed, stood by to take your medicine ad got let go with a warning. Good JOB!

Everytime I've been pulled over with a group of bikes (three times) and all the bikes stopped we have only gotten warnings. Beats the heck out of the alternative IMHO.

Funny thing is that when riding alone my odds of getting handed a ticket versus a warning are much worse. I think cops get so surprised when an entire group of bikes complies and no one runs they feel more inclined to give the whole group a break.

gixxernoob June 14, 2008 10:15 AM

that sucks but you guys are lucky enough to get a warning...