DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 578
5 members and 573 guests
2blueyam, 2wheelin, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
How we spent our labor day (long with pics too)
Unread
  (#1)
coooooookie

How we spent our labor day (long with pics too) - September 4, 2007, 08:13 AM

Monday I went over to Dan's (Mastrodan3rd) house for some BBQ chicken.
We finished lunch and decided to take a little ride. Dan has not been able to ride much this season. So, I told him to lead so I could watch him and let him ride his own pace. I wanted to make sure he was comfortable and the pace was chill for him.

We warmed up the bikes:

and then got geared up

We started in Ashburn and headed up Belmont Ridge to Rt 7 going towards Leesburg. We hoped on 15N and followed it to right before the bridge over the Potomic and made a left onto Lovettsville road. It was a decent road with mild twisties and only a few spots of gravel. Here is Dan when we stopped for a short break:

We then continued down the road until and passed thru Rosemont and headed towards Harpers Ferry on 340 (I think). We continued on towards Charles Town. At this point we had been riding for 2 hours and needed a short break. Somewhere between Harpers Ferry and Charles Town we stopped at a gas station to get some gatoraide. A couple riding two up on a Repsol pulled in to gas up. The guy (Jared) had a mohawk on his helmet!

When we were inside the girl (Casey) was behind us in line (she was also purchasing some gatoraide). She asked us where we were heading and if we were from around there. We said we had no clue where we were and we drove up from Fairfax looking for a nice fun ride. She said "we can take you guys around and show you some fun roads." We said that sounds great and proceeded to go outside to meet Jared. We stood around talking bikes and replenishing our electrolytes for a hot minute then he asked what kind of roads we wanted. Fast or twisty?

I said twisty because Dan needs to work on his turning mechanics.
So we headed out, Jared and Casey in the lead, Dan in the middle, and me sweeping. I wasn't sure what to think about our new found leader. I mean come on, he had a mohawk on his helmet for crying out loud!

The first thing I noticed was he drove slow where slow needs to be done. The second thing I noticed was he used his turn signals and gave us plenty of early warning. Ok, so far so good.

Then we made a right hand turn. There was gravel, he slowed down, pointed it out with plenty of warning and made sure we made the turn fine. Ok, so he hasn't done anything yet, but he does have a mohawk. I'm still a little skeptical. We merged on a highway and head up to Rt 9 I believe. We head out to Martinsburg. He takes us on some back roads with mild twistys. He drives a good pace, but does as any good leader does and waits for us when necessary. We rode around with them for a good hour or more and hit some good back roads. There were well chosen for Dan to learn his corners. They were in good shape and had good visibility. We finally pulled over at an industrial/farm site and I took some pictures.

Casey:

Jared:

We talked for a bit exchanged numbers. At this point it was around 6:30PM. We had been on the bikes since 3PM and the break was much needed for our asses. Dan and I got a crazy idea to head down to JMU to meet some friends for dinner. So Jared and Casey take us to 81 and we go our seperate ways.

I saw my first ever 70MPH speed limit sign and got all giddy. It was nice to be doing 80MPH and have two state troopers fly by you and not pull you over!

So, we slabbed it all the way to JMU. We stopped for gas and a peepee break somewhere along the way. As we pulled in there was a cop walking out of the gas station. He gave Dan a wave. (I thought that was unsual for a cop to wave to a sportbike rider)

He is Dan returning from the rest room:

We got to JMU around 7:45PM and went to grab some food. At this point we had done about 200+ miles. 9:30 rolled around mighty quick and we decided we should head home. Since we were not planning on a long ride I had my dark smoke visor on. This made for a slightly interesting ride back. We jumped on 81N and Dan took the lead since he had a clear visor. I-81 was all truck traffic and some of those mofo's were hauling 80+ MPH! Holy wind vortex!

We stopped for fuel at the Sheetz in Haymarket and started talking to a guy with a Z4. He used to have a K5 gixxer 1000 and he knew Rob (Clemsonjeeper). We BSed with him for a while then figured we should continue on home. Dan split off at 28 to head back to Ashburn and I pulled up to my garage in Centreville and tucked my baby in for the night. I was exhausted ( I was up until 4:30am the night before detailing a corvette), sweaty (we rode all day), and looking forward to a shower and bed. I was walking towards my apartment and couldn't find my keys. DAMN! I had to call the emergency maintenace number to come unlock my apartment for me and they said it would take 30-40 minutes before they could do it. It was 11:30PM and I didn't get inside until midnight. I took my shower and finally got into bed around 1AM. I woke up at 6AM and went to work; sore, a little tired, and fighting the denser traffic now that school is back in session.
We rode 340 miles yesterday. The weather was beautiful and we met some cool people. I could not have asked for a better day off from work. Thank you Dan; for lunch and riding all day with me!

Edit: Forgot about the older Prelude that wanted to play on 81. We played a bit, he gave me the thumbs up and I gave him the rocker. Man his car is burning some serious oil.

John
'07 ZX-6R
NESBA #10
Sportbiketracktime #10

JEMM Auto detailing
Cars, Bikes, RV's, Trailers, bathtubs. If you pay me I will buff it.

Last edited by Audicoupej; September 4, 2007 at 08:42 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Pleased to meet me

September 4, 2007, 08:17 AM

I must admit. I like that mohawk helmet thing.
Unread
  (#3)
coooooookie

September 4, 2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadambusiness
I must admit. I like that mohawk helmet thing.
Me too, I'm going to search the net for them.

John
'07 ZX-6R
NESBA #10
Sportbiketracktime #10

JEMM Auto detailing
Cars, Bikes, RV's, Trailers, bathtubs. If you pay me I will buff it.
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

September 4, 2007, 08:26 AM

photobucket site blocked...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
TEAM.SUKUZI

September 4, 2007, 08:26 AM

u must really like the shocker~ Yeah I saw that~

sex addict