DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 627
4 members and 623 guests
car54, davidcycle, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Lake George, NY... Great Weekend! Pics
Unread
  (#1)
Knarly Adventurer

Lake George, NY... Great Weekend! Pics - June 11, 2007, 10:52 PM

So I spent the weekend with my folks in Lake George, NY... it was the last weekend of Americade... thats the week long bike ralley they have up there. It started 25 years ago as a Gold Wing/Touring Ralley, and has grown into a bit of everthing; Harleys, Sportbikes, Choppers, you name it.
Anyway it was an absolutely beautiful weekend. The in-town bike stuff was fun, but has become very over crowded and squidish. The ride we took on Sunday, however, was amazing. It was my mom and dad(SuperSix) on his Valkyrie Interstate, and me and my GF(hot4teacher) on my dad's ZR-7S.

What a great little bike! I bought this for him from Space about a month ago, to use as an extra rider when he wasn't out with mom on the "big rig." He also plans to use it down here when visiting, and obviously it's a great extra bike for when I visit.
I'm not going to go nuts and say this is the best bike ever... it clearly isn't, and yes it has plenty of faults... but how can I really complain about a loyal little pack mule like this. Seriousy, like a swiss army knife on wheels, this bike did everything I asked it too, did it well, and never complained. The Givi bags were awesome and the Corbin saddle, made a 570 mile ride feel like a morning commute, it had good pick up and highway speed even 2up, and made the mountain twisties a blast!

The ride was spectacular... around the 30 mile long lake and through the mountians to Lake Champlain. We took a 30 min ferry across the Great Lake, and into Vermont. It was absolutely some of the most beautiful scenery. Trips like this make me miss home. So check the pics... I have more, I will post later. Enjoy...

Spotted as Ninja 1400 powered T-Rex

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD

Last edited by wildjester; June 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
June 11, 2007, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the post WJ

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#3)
subUrban Warrior

June 11, 2007, 11:09 PM

Nice photos. I was at Lake George, for the first time, last year and fell in love with the place.

Any word on how many bikers attended?

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#4)
DCSB.net NC division

June 11, 2007, 11:23 PM

nice report! I went wilderness "camping" up there quite a few years ago... would be awesome to head up that way on 2 wheels.

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#5)
Knarly Adventurer

June 12, 2007, 08:27 AM

So I just rode to work this morning on the R1 after sport'n the ZR7-S all weekend... wow! Made me miss my ZRX big time! Love the R1, but I was starting to get used to that upright seating position. Next bike will be another standard, or more then likely sport-tourer... FJ!

To be totaly honest, I feel that I have grown up a bit this weekend. There was a time when I was a typical "bigger is better" kinda rider. I would have never been caught dead on the little 750 Kawi, especially when I have an R1 in the garage. I've come to realize that there are many bikes out there, for many applications, and budgets. As a true motorcycle lover, I can find something to appreciate in every bike.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#6)
Chupathingy?

June 12, 2007, 08:28 AM

LG is a beautiful place. Proposed up there to my ex... grrr :devil:

still very nice place, great pics.

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#7)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

June 12, 2007, 08:30 AM

nice pics

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico