DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 623
6 members and 617 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Heist, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Las Vegas Ride
Unread
  (#1)
Tough guy

Talking Las Vegas Ride - August 18, 2007, 03:38 PM

So me and a buddy rented from Sportbikerental.com (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/sh...723#post455723) during my annual Global Sales Meeting in Las Vegas. Thanks

We rode through the Vegas Strip @ about 9 am (92 degrees) and headed North West towards Mt. Charleston (Las Vegas ski resort). Kyle Canyon and Lee Canyon were much cooler about (87 degrees with great roads and mountain views. In the distance you can see where we used to drop nukes on USA soil...very smart move .

We headed back towards Vegas and Lake Meade. Traffic appeared to be slow so we passed on the Hoover Dam.

We made our way to Red Rock Canyon which is South West of Vegas. Red Rock is a National Park which costs $2 for Motorcycles. It is a 13 miles and 1 way only traffic. Last year 4 bikers died in the park...and I heard about the Red Rock Racerz that frequent the road and drag knee. Not us - Instead we held it down and would stop and take in the views. Very pretty, amazing views. Hot about (100 degrees ) but worth it.

We stopped by Bonnie Springs (Old Nevada) to hydrate. There was a petting zoo, an old mine, and some other crap which is probably good for kids. I was much to hot and thirsty to really care. The Saloon had my Kirkland bottled water directly from Costco - very authentic touch.

We went to drop the bikes off before dinner with our boss. We got stuck heading through the Vegas strip around 4 PM.
In case you dont know...Vegas is fuckin' hot . Both bikes overheated and I was VERY uncomfortable from the heat on the Duc. The 1098 temp. shot to 230 and then it shut off...the outside thermometer read 117 degrees. It was fuckin' awful !

Anyway...we made it back. Dumped off the bikes around 5:15. John from Sportbikerentals.com gave us a ride back the the Madalay Bay "The Hotel". Walked into our suite at 5:45 - showered and changed and made the 6:30 dinner with the boss.

A good but hot day in Vegas! Try it sometime.

And since:

Here are the pics. Enjoy.

That's Leo - He got drunk and pee'd on my stuff? WTF

Last edited by CamDLux; August 18, 2007 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: added link
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#2)
Owner & Creator

August 19, 2007, 01:58 AM

Sick roads, what is up with all them 1's? Ducati is sexxxxxy.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Never lose your head!!

August 19, 2007, 06:04 AM

nice pics. when were you there? I was just there a couple of weeks ago, it would've been cool to hook up for the ride.

KK
Unread
  (#4)
Tough guy

August 19, 2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage R1
Sick roads, what is up with all them 1's? Ducati is sexxxxxy.
At the Bonnie Ranch place visitors will sign a $1 bill and the bartender staples them to the rafters. I'd guess maybe $2000 total.

The duc was sexy and surprisingly comfy but I was slightly dissapointed. Maybe I needed more seat time??? That said...i'd consider a 1098 if they were $10,000.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#5)
Tough guy

August 19, 2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Square
nice pics. when were you there? I was just there a couple of weeks ago, it would've been cool to hook up for the ride.
It would have been cool to hook up - maybe next time. I was there - Aug. 13th - 17th. This is the second time our company has had the Global Sales meeting in Vegas. 15,000 sale people representing 96 countries.
Unread
  (#6)
Tough guy

August 19, 2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Square
It would have been cool to hook up - maybe next time. I was there - Aug. 13th - 17th. This is the second time our company has had the Global Sales meeting in Vegas. 15,000 sales people representing 96 countries.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

August 19, 2007, 06:42 PM

You suck......Beats my weekend!
Unread
  (#8)
Tough guy

August 19, 2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
You suck......Beats my weekend!
actually i got back late Friday...I have been detoxing since. My liver hurts!
Unread
  (#9)
Magic Carpet Ride

August 20, 2007, 01:23 PM

GREAT pics!!! Looks like you had a blast...what an awesome experience.
Unread
  (#10)
Tough guy

August 20, 2007, 01:59 PM

Much better then binge drinking, gambling, and partying (but I did that too).
Unread
  (#11)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

August 22, 2007, 01:05 PM

God I miss the west coast! Just look at how clean, crisp & dry that air is! :sigh: Nice pictures.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#12)
MD in a VA biased board

August 22, 2007, 02:03 PM

nice pics & story man.

Blue '05 SV650S
Quote:
Newfoundland is like calling a place Untitled Document.
i bet its the default name for discovered land
and they just clicked Ok
now all other countries have to start out as Newfoundland 2
Unread
  (#13)
Resident Rodent

August 22, 2007, 07:51 PM

Great pix & report!

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com