DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
5 members and 560 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, Heist, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Loudoun/Jefferson Ride / Nothing Fancy
Unread
  (#1)
I'm Taking Over!

Thumbs up Loudoun/Jefferson Ride / Nothing Fancy - May 17, 2008, 11:34 PM

Ok, so i got my license on monday, my jacket i ordered came in today, what great timing, its a nice day, I'm on call for work from 9-5 today so I'm riding around with my back pack and laptop. I roll through winchester and back, martinsburg, and back, harpers ferry and back. head to a buddy's place where they're roasting a pig, i figure its a good day, i'll end it with the BBQ.

I get a call from a buddy around 3pm, he and his girl are going to do some riding, they are in leesburg, so at 5, i go home drop of my latop, and leave to meet them in hilsboro.

I take a ride from Charles Town all through Loudoun County, Hillboro, Hamilton, Round Hill, Leesburg, Ashburn, Purceville, Bluemont Etc... You get the picture... I stop at another buddy's house, he's having a party/bbq chill there for a while, about 10:30pm i'm out side smoking, it begins to sprinkle... I decide to ride home since the rain seemed to be coming in slow... As i'm riding the rain picks up, my speed start to slow down, i'm constantly wiping my face shield, I pull under a bridge on rt 7, chill, smoke again, and then i'm off...

For the most part i was riding around 45-50 mph in rain, i still felt comfortable, 3/4 of the way home my lower back is getting wet, i finally make it home, took 20 mins longer than usual as i was going under speed, but i made it ok, and i'm happy. I put on 300+ miles today, 2 fill ups, just a great day. As a newbie, i feel like i am progressing well.

Sorry for the long boring story, but I hope to meet some of you folks on here and we can ride. Oh yeah i saw one of those mohawk riders in charles town, it was pretty cool, his helmet had a big yellow mohawk sticking out of it. at first, i was like "what tha"... then Dang, that looks tight...

Anyways, happy motoring!

04 R6 & (0OO \ (||||)(||||) / OO0)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bofessional Send a message via AIM to Bofessional  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

May 18, 2008, 10:39 PM

sounds pretty fun...i cant wait to get my license so i can just go out an ride.
  Send a message via AIM to