DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 570
4 members and 566 guests
car54, davidcycle, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Lucky tries the track in poll postion
Unread
  (#1)
Contributor

Lucky tries the track in poll postion - March 30, 2008, 04:31 PM

So I had read the forum by chance and must say thanks to the person who posted.

I got to summit at 10 ish and rode around hoping to meet up with anyone from .net and felt foolish on my 1000 rolling through the race bikes. Personally I'm not much for attitudes and egos but I went knowing there would be plenty. The first of which was the guys that were manning the truck for pro motion. After a few times of asking simple questions about the event I realized it was no one priority where to tell the noob to go. Fortunately I found Chris = C ROCK and I was at home. After watching and listening I was just more and more convinced my not getting a new 6 was a mistake.

The good news. Try the track was mine to enjoy. A signature and I was on my way. A scary thought knowing other just sign here riders were going to be sharing track space.

I watched enough to know I wanted to be up front even if it was supposed to be parade speeds.

The control rider was pleasantly accelerated when we go the jump out in front. I rode my new 2007 in the cold at just about 70 in some corners where I had seen other do much less with trouble. I felt newb as the experienced barely glanced as we drove by but all the while I felt a tremedous feeling that this would get better and better as I rode.

It did. I got several laps and barely had a moment where I wasn't smiling.

Thanks for the info. I had a chance to experience the track all though it was nothing compared to the speed and skill of others it was well worth the money..lol all the 0 dollars I had to pay.

Seriously even the better riders said anyone can learn from it just to see the track a few laps at any speed is plus.

I had fun noob or no noob it was me being convinced the track is far better then anything else and I will be working no getting back.. well that is right after my upcoming court date.

All though I may be screwed from ticket... I realize that the track will do a great deal more for me all around.

Worth it and again thanks for the info in the post.

Lucky
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

March 30, 2008, 05:29 PM

Nesba members who ride the track can get you 2 session for free!! so hit up the nesba members on this forum
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

March 30, 2008, 05:29 PM

That is if you wanna ride the track again for free!!!
Unread
  (#4)
Contributor

March 30, 2008, 05:39 PM

Ok Red ill do that once I know my court is done in the mean time Ill be dreaming of track time on a bike that suits the course.

Thanks for the scoop.

Luck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

March 30, 2008, 08:36 PM

good stuff, I recall seeing you during that session. Hope to see you out there more!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year