DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 631
6 members and 625 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Heist, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
MARRC Track Day July 4-6! Plenty of Pics...
Unread
  (#1)
Groping is a skill...

MARRC Track Day July 4-6! Plenty of Pics... - July 6, 2008, 06:49 PM

Alright so this was my first track event and it was a memorable one! I passed the course so now I'm eligible for a amateur race license. I really can't say enough about Rick Beggs and Rachel Sasse (RnR) for taking me under their wing and helping me out.

The class started early Friday morning. The track conditions were less than optimal. Plenty of wetness and turns 1,5, and 6 had major rippling thanks to the cagers ripping the track apart. Hence, it was recommended that we stayed away from the usual racing lines to avoid an accident. Being an idiot that likes to push the limit, I learned the hard way. Twice

I started the course with a brand new 1 piece, racing gloves, and boots. Left with plenty of wear on all the equipment, need for a new arai, rear sets, and bar handles...

I took my first fall on turn 5 on our second outing. Went into it too hot. Decided I could still accelerate through it and the laws of physics and the H2O decided otherwise. I low sided into the grass with minor damage. Thanks to the racing sliders I had some minor scratches on the fairings. Lost my clutch lever peg. Had to go find myself some Vortex rearsets to continue the class.

On our third outing the weather conditions had improved greatly and the track was pretty dry and I was trying to set some faster lap times. I had my lines down and gearing figured out for each turn. I was also feeling a bit more confident with traction. I was cutting consistent 1.31sec laps when on turn 6 I took the perfect inside line. Unfortunately my wheels went through the puddle of water right inside the red/white apex markers sending my rear end to a fish tail followed by a violent tank slapper. My ass was sent up in the air luckily landing on the tank hence getting the bike under control. Right when I felt great about myself, I noticed I was headed right for turn 7 with no tarmac left and headed straight for the grass. Well you know the rest. Lowsided again once in the mud cracking my Arai from the inside and suffering a minor concussion Luckily, I was able to walk away with minor damage to the bike and rode off with a broken rear brake peg. Well, I had just bought the rear set from the previous incident so it worked out perfect. Here is the damage.

Overall I had a shit load of fun and got those accidents out of the way. I can't stress the importance of good equipment guys. Besides the minor concussion and some muscle aches around my neck I walked away with some great experiences. Thanks to Rick and Rachel of RnR along with some of the other guys their I was able to get my bike ready for each session. I would recommend the class to everyone!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -

Last edited by turkishexpress; July 6, 2008 at 07:48 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

July 6, 2008, 07:57 PM

You popped your cherry....congrats GANGSTA, and glad you're ok shamu.

A.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Groping is a skill...

July 6, 2008, 08:08 PM

Thanks bro. You owe me a pack! 1:31 bAbY!! Did you hear about J's crash? He laid it at over 100mph on corner 4. Walked away with minor injuries. The corner workers said that he would have had it if it wasn't for the air fence... BTW, those corner workers are awesome. They take great care of the riders if anyone goes down and somehow get there before you even have time to stand up! My thanks goes out to all of them as well!

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

July 6, 2008, 08:25 PM

nice write up!! It was nice meeting you. I was the corner worker who was in 5 who was watching up the fence during the airbag impact! WOW!!

~Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KumiK Send a message via AIM to KumiK  
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

July 6, 2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuala76
nice write up!! It was nice meeting you. I was the corner worker who was in 5 who was watching up the fence during the airbag impact! WOW!!
You too! Great job guys on helping us out and yeah that was one hell of an impact...

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#6)
Kickstand

July 6, 2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress
Thanks bro. You owe me a pack! 1:31 bAbY!! Did you hear about J's crash? He laid it at over 100mph on corner 4. Walked away with minor injuries. The corner workers said that he would have had it if it wasn't for the air fence... BTW, those corner workers are awesome. They take great care of the riders if anyone goes down and somehow get there before you even have time to stand up! My thanks goes out to all of them as well!
Not too hard to do when you guys ring your bell pretty good and don't get up all that quickly. Glad you both weren't hurt too bad.

Thanks for the props to MARRC. We do appreciate it.

Mike

MARRC Cornerworker/ASD/Crash Truck/Control
http://www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TheHiriser  
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

July 6, 2008, 10:25 PM

Great writeup! Great pics!

Get those toes up, and your ass OFF THAT SEAT!

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#8)
Groping is a skill...

July 7, 2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB
Great writeup! Great pics!

Yeah, I kept on dragging toes instead of knees. Figured it out after about 4 sessions though. Never realized how demanding it was to keep that ass sliding from side to side!

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

July 7, 2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
+1

What's with the tape all over the bike? Normally its just over the lights Never saw that before...just wondering.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
Owner & Creator

July 7, 2008, 09:52 AM

track is
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

July 7, 2008, 10:24 AM

Thats who that was! Mike was the cornerworker in turn 6 that helped you out. I was in 7 and heading over to assist but you headed back out. He asked me who that was because they had a DCSBN sticker on thier bike, and I generally know all the DCSBN peeps riding, but this time I was like Huh?

Mystery solved. Thanks for sharing your experience.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#12)
( * )|( * )

July 7, 2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:

+1 that's good advice! If you don't get off the seat eventually if you begin to ride faster you'll find yourself sliding across the pavement a lot more.

Congrats good to see you had fun!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#13)
No Touchie!

July 7, 2008, 10:37 AM

I like your helmet.

In search of the perfect lap......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sam-197  
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

July 7, 2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
+1

What's with the tape all over the bike? Normally its just over the lights Never saw that before...just wondering.
He he, I was bored and had a huge roll of painter's tape so I just taped up everything I figured would get hit by small rocks etc... Believe it or not it helped out on both spills when I ran off into the grass but the bike sure did look ugly!

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#15)
Groping is a skill...

July 7, 2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Thats who that was! Mike was the cornerworker in turn 6 that helped you out. I was in 7 and heading over to assist but you headed back out. He asked me who that was because they had a DCSBN sticker on thier bike, and I generally know all the DCSBN peeps riding, but this time I was like Huh?

Mystery solved. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Thanks for being there guys! My bell was rung for about 5 seconds on turn 6. Cracked the Arai from the inside

2013 Victory Vision Tour

I grope suckaz!!! -