DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
5 members and 540 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, Heist, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Moron Posers' Halloween Campout (PICS)
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Moron Posers' Halloween Campout (PICS) - November 2, 2007, 07:51 PM

Friday, 10/26, was one nasty day to be riding. Temps in the 50's and raining sideways. So much for taking the scenic route. We headed out about 0730 in a lite rain which changed to heavy around Woodstock. As we approached Harrisonburg Kim told me her grips quit working, FUUUUUCK! Using her cell phone charger for a test light it was determined that the switch quit working. Fortunately the gas station we stopped at had a toggle switch that would do. Unfortunately the bitch behind the counter want to spend 20 minutes looking up the price of a $2 switch. With the grips now usable we headed south to meet Moron Poser Dad and Moron Poser Mom in Amhurst. We arrived about 40 minutes late because of the malfuntion.

From the meeting point the 4 of us headed south down 29 to Greenboro to 220 then west to camp ground. The rain stopped just long enough to set up camp. I hopped back on the bike to head out the beer store and it opened up again. The rain continued through most of the night. When the rain stopped the artillery at Camp Mackall started. Needless to say we did not sleep much.

Saturday was very nice, but the lack of sleep kept us from riding very much. A 2up breakfast run followed by a short run on some curvy roads was it. We competed, more like lost, the field events and ate the worst BBQ I have ever had.

Sunday morning we packed up, ate breakfast and hit the road. ti was a little cold in the begining as we headed back up 220 and 29. The sun was out so we split off from my parents on rt40 to 672? to 608 on the north side of Smith Mountain lake. 608 was a blast. We rode through Bedford on our way to the BRP. Sunny fall days are not the time to ride the PKWY. It was clogged with leaf peepper who were not paying any attention to driving. As we approached Buena Vista I decided to jump off on rt60 for one last hoorah before the slab home.

We made it home in one peice with only a bent brake lever to show for another one of Kim traffic light tip overs.

The pile o' gear

Rain covers on and ready to go

Dirty

Nothing worse than donning a cold, wet, stinking helmet.

This was a first for us. We triied using 2 small tents. One for us the other to store gear out of the rain. It worked OK. Atlleast we weren't sleeping with our wet gear.

Low speed race...I lost

Our campsite...pack up and heading home

Moron Mom

Moron dad's scooter

122?

About 200 miles less than expected

THE END

Last edited by Space; November 2, 2007 at 08:26 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
klk
Licensed Rider

November 3, 2007, 05:31 PM

You forgot the pic of the lizard on my boot. OH and the truck we used to hall our shit down in
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to klk Send a message via MSN to klk  
Unread
  (#3)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

November 3, 2007, 11:54 PM

nice pics

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#4)
Now with a TBSP of love

November 4, 2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space

About 200 miles less than expected

I want that sticker!

Nice pics by the way

Last edited by Spiritnblk; November 4, 2007 at 12:06 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm so tired

November 4, 2007, 02:40 PM

Always good to see a write up from you Space. Keep up the good work. You make me proud.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#6)
Tough guy

November 5, 2007, 07:33 AM

Good stuff Space - I am in for next year! Tell the truth ...WITH EVERYTHING YOU BROUGHT, WHAT DID U FORGET?
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

November 5, 2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux
Good stuff Space - I am in for next year! Tell the truth ...WITH EVERYTHING YOU BROUGHT, WHAT DID U FORGET?
Put yourself down for the trip to Hot Springs in May. Way more fun!
Unread
  (#8)
Tough guy

November 5, 2007, 04:26 PM

Send the dates...I'll block off a few days from work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
Put yourself down for the trip to Hot Springs in May. Way more fun!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux