DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 134
3 members and 131 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Motocross Nationals at Budds Creek, MD - 16 & 17 June
Unread
  (#1)
I'm so tired

Motocross Nationals at Budds Creek, MD - 16 & 17 June - June 19, 2007, 01:06 PM

So...I was going to just go regular camping with the trailer and take it out on its maiden voyage by myself. I ended up talking to Tino who suggested that he and I go to the MX Nationals and take the trailer there and do two things at once.

Friday night I met up with Tino and we went grocery shopping. After that, we went to the trailer and loaded up the food. I then took Tino home and told him to meet me at my house at 6am to roll out early so that we can set up before it gets to hot at BC.
I forgot to tell Tino to bring a blanket and pillow since the other bedroom has nothing on the bed. So I call him up and let him know.

I go back to the trailer and hook it up to the truck and take it over to my house so that we can roll out straight from there. I turn on the fridge and head in to get a good nights sleep.

I wake up at 5am and get ready. Now I just have to wait on Tino to show up. At around 6am he shows up and all he has with him is tanning lotion and his cell phone. And he's a little drunk. Seems he went out partying Friday night and was still showing it when he got to my house. So...the one thing that I tell him to bring and he doesn't bring it. So I go upstairs and get him some sheets, a blanket and a pillow.

We go to the truck and headed on out to BC. Not more than 5 minutes later, Tino is out like a light. So there goes my navigator. I have never been to BC before, so I was a little unsure as to where or what I was to do when I got there.

We show up at BC about an hour and a half later and I roll in and meet the tickets takers at the gate and they hook me up with a "follow me" ATV guy that is going to show me where to park my trailer. They ended up parking me on a slight hill.

Being that this is the first time using the trailer, I was really hoping that I didn't have to park on a hill and that is just where they put me. So at least I planned a little ahead and ended up getting some leveling blocks. It seems that I need to get a lot more. Lucky there was a trailer next to me and that guy let me use some of his extra wood. So with Tino help, we got to level the trailer as much as possible.

Since I have never had the awning out, I was having a hard time getting it to work. The same guy that let me use the extra wood, also walked me through how to get the awning to work.

After the awning was set up, the rest was awesome. AC worked like a champ, the generators worked their little engines off and everything was working like a champ.
After we set up, it was still only 9am in the morning. So we walk over and watch the qualifying laps. Most of the day was just walking back and forth from the trailer to the races.

Grilled some burgers for lunch.

After the qualifying races, we went back to the trailer and cooked up some steaks on the grill with some corn and mushrooms. Good cooking Tino.

Tino went to bed early and went to watch all the hare scrambles that they had set up that night at another track at BC. Stayed there until about midnight and went back to the trailer. It was pretty cool when I got back to the trailer, so I turned off the AC and the generators and settled in for a good nights sleep.

Work up early the next morning and Tino was still asleep in his room. I turned on the stove and made cinnamon rolls.

I then went and took a shower in the trailer for the first time. Not a bad time. Had plenty of room to move around and the hot water worked great.

Tino finally woke up and he spent most of the morning on the Internet in the trailer.
The races started about 1pm and we went over to watch them. After the second heat, we went back to the trailer and decided to start packing up. All that took about 30 minutes. Much faster to put things away then it was to put up.

After that, we decided it was so hot that we were going to head out early to miss the rush to get out of there.

An hour and a half later, I was dropping Tino off at his house and I went and put the trailer up and took everything out of the fridge and put it in a bag to take back to my house. With everything turned off, I head home.

The weekend is now completed and its time to relax.

Here are the pictures and a couple of videos from the weekend.

(Click on the image to make them larger)

..hotobucket.com/albums/c320/mykec2/Budds_Creek_MD_MX_Nationals_061607/th_IMG_6586.jpg">

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
starbucks ADV rider

June 19, 2007, 01:13 PM

nice!
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 19, 2007, 01:14 PM

Sweet setup you got!!! Nice pics too. Looks like a great time!!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

June 19, 2007, 01:22 PM

Good stuff Myke...

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year