DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 602
4 members and 598 guests
davidcycle, Deep, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
oh skyline drive and VSP
Unread
  (#1)
i eat mop who?

oh skyline drive and VSP - August 13, 2007, 12:01 AM

by they way let me say it's great to be back in the states...after 2 plus months away studying abroad in the mother country (china) i really missed the comforts of the good ol US of A. Anyway let me begin by saying today was absolutely gorgeous and skyline drive couldn't have been a better choice. I was on my way there with 3 other friends and we're moving a good pace, we started in the burke/springfield area and took back roads all the way down to 211 then went up and down the mountain, the entire time going up i was feeling great! I took all the right lines, was consistently smooth, and held a consistent speed, it was one of the best moments so far in my short riding career, it was almost like everything just clicked and fell into place, the mechanics, the focus, just everything i've learned. I'm sure there are others of you who know that feeling well. oh and i got rid of all the chicken strips on this trip so that was a great bonus

anyway we get down the other side and had lunch at this lodge/restaurant place, they had a buffet so we took it simply b/c it was time effecient, but man, looking back, i immediately regret that decision to take the buffet. We'll just say my stomach despised me after that meal.
So after the meal we parted ways, my 3 friends went down to lauray and I headed back home, the ride back up the mountain was just as good as the first time up, except at certain sharp turns where my body would exert pressure downward on the seat I didn't feel so good. It would seem that my stomach didnt' like this sudden downward force. so i slow down on the way down the mountain and take the turns a little easier since i was now in a fragile state due to lunch, well when i got down and hit the straights of 211 i decided that i need to find some facilities....STAT. So I was cruising at 16 over the speed limit, one hand on the throttle, the other propping myself up in as straight of a seating position as i could, since hunching over didn't help matters. Well i get maybe 7 miles out and sure nuff a VSP was sittin on the right shoulder looking right at me, as soon as i passed him i saw he was turning around and since i was the only one on the road at that point i knew it was me he was after...being the good boy i saved him the trouble of chasing me and pulled right over, turned off the bike took off the helmet and waited.

Well at this point the movement in my stomach had subsided a little and so we went through the license registration stuff, guy disappears then comes back gives me a ticket (surprise, i've kept with my streak of never once getting a break since i've been driving), anyway start chit chatting and find out the guy used to ride a gixxer but stopped but was thinking about getting another one in the next year, in the end of everything we stood at the side of the road talking for a good 30-40 minutes just about anything and everything from bikes to college to crackdowns on sport bikers and the misconceptions cops tend to have about all bikers. By the end of it he had given me his card and i said i would connect with him next time i'm riding so he can come along. Eventually this random van of asian people pulled up behind the troopers car and came running to him saying someone in their car needs to get to a hospital and so he goes and does his thing calling the ambulance etc, i get geared up, ask how to get to 66 and say good bye and head out. I get going, about 2 miles down the road, my stomach hits critical mass, so again i'm speeding until i get to warrenton where i managed to relieve some pressure at a local kfc/taco bell (today i was thanking God for kfc/taco bells)

the whole ride back to springfield from warrenton i was just thinking, "you know, me speeding all the way accross 211 wasn't really because i wanted to speed, but it was really kind of because i NEEDED to speed." I wonder if that'll fly in court? oh well, despite the ticket which sucks and the gremlin that i ingested at lunch, this was a great day of riding. oh by the way, i guess that bad driving tax or whatever would apply to me huh? i'm having trouble understanding that tax law, anyone care to pm me and explain? b/c i'm boarderline retarded and can't seem to understand it. OH yeah and any ideas about that ticket so as to not have my insurance destroy me. well thanks for reading.

Last edited by vaboy; August 13, 2007 at 12:05 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to vaboy  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

August 13, 2007, 02:45 AM

Sorry we did not hook up when you were in BJ bro!!! Work is crazy busy here, at least you went to the beach party at Vic's right? hHhahaaa.

I would call that cop up and see if he will dismiss it. He gave you his card for a reason, I have a bunch of cop buddies and I ask/get favors when I ask. Just remember it goes both ways, so they'll ask one of you eventually, one might be taking your bike, ahhaaha, but better than a ticket Riding with cops are a good deal too, as you guessed right, they do not get tickets, but you gotta keep up with 'em!!

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to