DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 132
3 members and 129 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ride to Cumberland late Saturday
Unread
  (#1)
I hate Hybrid drivers

Ride to Cumberland late Saturday - May 27, 2008, 03:02 PM

It was super nice on Saturday and I got bored cleaning out my garage pretty quick so around 3pm I decided to ride to Cumberland, MD. They were having the annual Memorial Day weekend Cruise in and I thought Id go check out the cars. I had a great riding buddy (Ddubya) but he pussied out and bought a Harley so I left Woodbridge alone a little after 3pm. Seemed to take forever to get out of the Woodbridge area. I took the highways to Winchester, then jumped on I-37 N, then Rt. 522 N, missed my turn onto 127 N, so I rode to Rt. 9 in Berkley Springs and rode south to Rt. 29 then it turns into Rt. 51 and that takes you into Cumberland.

I love Cumberland, its a dirty old town and I love the look of it. The people look funny but the country chicks are cute. I was clearly out of place, everyone kept looking at me. I even checked for boogers to make sure. I only stayed for about an hour, hit up Roy Rogers (love me some roys) and then hit the road home. It got kinda cold on the way home. There were a million bikes out and I got tired of waving to them.

Total trip was about 330 miles and 7 hours and some change.

I plan to spend a weekend around Cumberland this summer sometime just riding around, looking around and seeing what trouble I can get into. Anyone want to go?

Scenic overlook off of Rt. 9 overlooking Paw Paw, WV

there were a couple bikes at the show. A few sport bikes and these 2 classics

This car was there. it's a Kaiser Darrin. It's the first production fiberglass bodied car ever made. Worth a couple hundred grand. 1 of 400 made i think.

All cars at the cruise in can be seen here
http://www.dynamitedave.com/cumberland_cruise.html
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ATTN INVESTORS!

May 27, 2008, 03:18 PM

Great area, for sure. I'd be down for a weekend trip in them parts. I don't usually make it as far as Cumberland but I have a few routes in the Berkley Springs area. I could get us from Woodbridge/DC to Berkley without touching hwys. Takes longer but isn't it nice(r) when getting there is half the fun?

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#3)
fruta fresca

May 28, 2008, 11:35 AM

beautiful area - never ridden the roads, but I've been up there many times. Actually I'll be visiting the area quite often for the next 2 months because my younger sister is in rehab up there - yeah, not the best of circumstances for visiting, but oh well.

So, if you decide to return, I'm in.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
One and Only

May 28, 2008, 12:05 PM

Hey that's where I live!!!!

We've got KILLER, EMPTY roads.

No culture or anything, but the roads are great. It's a give and take.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca