DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 626
4 members and 622 guests
car54, davidcycle, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Saturday, 16 to 4 ride...
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Saturday, 16 to 4 ride... - June 9, 2008, 09:22 AM

This Summer sort of creeped up on me. I haven't done any long rides so far this year. This Saturday was my first chance to get out there for a nice relaxing ride to the country side. Initially, there didn't appear to be much interest, but on Friday evening I knew it was going to be a big group. 16 riders showed up and off we went.

The plan was to do my favorite loop that covers some great favorites in VA and WVA.

But first, there was some gravel...

We stopped at a gas station on 250. Gas station Country Ham sandwitches are awesome. This is where some people chose to break off for a faster run on 250. Unfortunately, they choose a really bad weekend to do so. Apparently, it's graduation weekend and all the local cops are out there busting the kids.

Still, that area is good riding and a destination for bikes. Or maybe things have changed?

As more people broke off the main group, we finally dwindled from 16 to 4. This is us coming back...

Overall, I was really surprised how rusty I was in the twisties. At least for me, it really does take regular practice. But it was fun hitting all the old time spots I haven't been to in a while. I will be out there next weekend for sure.

We had a big group. But everyone was riding safely and everyone had their gear on. No one crashed which is the most important thing. Hope the ticket situation works out OK for you guys...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 9, 2008, 09:23 AM

Rest of the pics is HERE.
Unread
  (#3)
noise

June 9, 2008, 10:35 AM

look at BlkonBlk...got his feet up like a lazyboy chair!

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#4)
Wild, Twisty West VA

June 14, 2008, 08:58 PM

Wish I could have deconflicted my schedule but I was ... ...looked like a good day except for the FUZZ! Probably shouldn't be making assumptions, but I'm guessing they weren't there to ensure the "Bikers Welcome" sign was adhered to.