DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 491
4 members and 487 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Small Dicked Miata Driver on Route 1 (and other dumb ass cage stories)
Unread
  (#1)
Railing!

Small Dicked Miata Driver on Route 1 (and other dumb ass cage stories) - August 15, 2007, 03:57 PM

I was ridin to work this morning nothing out of the ordinary. I pull on to 1 and start riding up. A minute before I have to get off my exit theres a pretty fun left curve that I ride about 60-70 through, nothing to insane, not much lean.. the speed limit is 45. Im coming up to the curve and I see a red miata with the top down and it has a rollcage. The guy has his left turn signal on (im in the left lane hes in the right) I slow down and wait.. he doesnt change lanes.. so I start to accelerate through the curve. When I get next to him goin about 55 he starts to acclerate also. I keep accelerating slowly and im going about 65 and hes STILL accelerating with me.. so now I'm pissed and really get on it.. I'm goin about 90 by the time I pass him and then I cut back in front of him (pretty damn close) to get to my exit. I get off the exit and I'm waitin at the light when I hear brakes lock up next to me. It's the guy in the miata. He said something like "You can't even ride like that on the track" or some shit.. and I just said "what?" And he said some shit about "you shouldnt be street racing you cant even ride at the track" I flicked him off and he called me an asshole and then proceeded to gun it when the light turned green and U turned at the next left... I didn't really want to get in to it with him because I was already late to work. I've had this shit happen before to.. I go to pass someone and they fuckin accelerate.. then yell at me when I accelerate faster and pass them.. What the fuck is these peoples problem?

Anyway.. post some stories of cage douchebagery
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 15, 2007, 04:17 PM

that happened to me the other day. I tried to get in front of someone, but they sped up. I slowed down and got behind them. The end.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#3)
Knarly Adventurer

August 15, 2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2
that happened to me the other day. I tried to get in front of someone, but they sped up. I slowed down and got behind them. The end.
+1

Good rant, but all I heard was "bla bla bla... my ego drives my bike."
Cagers do dumb shit all the time for no reason when your out on the road!
I use to be aggressive and fuck with them out of rage... now I either pass them and keep going (keep the danger far behind) or I just fall in and procede.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#4)
Agitator

August 15, 2007, 04:27 PM

Step 1. Get loud and fast bike, I recommend any of the ducati monster SxR series
Step 2: get exhaust you can only get in europe and pc3
Step 3: people get behind you rapidly, then due to flames and defeaning noise, stay FAR behind you

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#5)
What's today? aah fuck it

August 15, 2007, 04:38 PM

all i read was, i'm a noob, this guy in a surfboard with wheels beat me through a sweeper and im very upset. sorry
Unread
  (#6)
Railing!

August 15, 2007, 04:43 PM

He didnt beat me

Yeah I probably shoulda slowed down and not let my ego take over but... It was a miata
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

August 15, 2007, 04:50 PM

It's a dude driving a Miata. Enough said.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
Asleep at the wheel!

August 15, 2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#9)
Republicans for Voldemort

August 15, 2007, 05:01 PM

cagers are annoying . no doubt. however when you start comparing - bike vs cage competitions, if there is a collision (even if the bike has the right of way) the bike will lose, the rider will have injuries -etc.. The driver of the cage might have a dent of some damage, but they are far less likely to be hurt.. So if you can't get away and put some distance between you and the cage in hurry - let it go... Less chance of anyone being hurt (and by anyone I mean the rider)....

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#10)
unapologetic

August 15, 2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman
Step 1. Get loud and fast bike, I recommend any of the ducati monster SxR series
Step 2: get exhaust you can only get in europe and pc3
Step 3: people get behind you rapidly, then due to flames and defeaning noise, stay FAR behind you
i'm a little hurt that I didn't even get an honorable mention Marc. I thought we had something......

and ebear, take 2 seconds and think next time. 1. it's a miata that still weighs more than you do, discuss and argue the sheer physics of that type of event with some of the smarter people on this board(I recommend bostonbirdman, you'll lose)2. How could you be 100% sure that there was nothing threatening to your path of travel around that corner at 15-25 mph over the posted speed limit, let alone doubling it? Were there corner marshals working it for you? Maybe waving some flags to let you know it was clear ahead?

I've never met you, but I would hate to read your report in the Crash and Rash section or elsewhere and have to guess at what happened after something like this had turned for the worser. Stick around a little while longer, ride smarter bro.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#11)
Brainwash Your Face!

August 15, 2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper

EXACTLY what I was thinking....

Let's just hope you pull more tail then he does...

Bike vs. Miata....you do the sex factor math.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#12)
2 wheels for life

August 15, 2007, 11:13 PM

I never give the cages a chance .. actually I like if someone tries to race (happened to me on the way back from Dulles airport ) I get the chance of crossing the 100
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Track Addict

August 16, 2007, 07:55 AM

I like it how dudes make having a Miata justifiable by putting a roll cage or some numbers on their car as if, by autocrossing it, it makes the Miata any more manly of a car. And no offense to Mini owners, but you fall in the same category. Men owning Miatas or Minis...

NESBA #12

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sooperman12 Send a message via MSN to sooperman12  
Unread
  (#14)
singin sweet home alabama

August 16, 2007, 08:30 AM

hmm... don't have that problem...

Miata 0-60 mph = 8.5 seconds?
R1 0-60 mph = 3-4 seconds?

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

August 16, 2007, 08:35 AM

the other day me and about 6 other bikes was cruising down 495 and this one guy in a van decides because he is a loser and dont got no balls to ride that he i goin to swerve lanes in a mini van..he cut one of my friends off and jus started swerving left to right in the lane tryna cut him off and flicking us off, stupid ppl like that pisses me off
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy