DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 612
4 members and 608 guests
davidcycle, Deep, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
It started with "That was too short, let's keep riding!"
Unread
  (#1)
Still here

It started with "That was too short, let's keep riding!" - May 7, 2008, 09:55 PM

Went out for a beautiful evening ride with my son on the back. Took him out to Brentsville, up to Bristow, up 28, back through Manassas, and was just about to turn to the house when he said "That was too short, lets keep riding!" How can I turn that down? Get up to the next stop light, bike dies. Just dies! Can't restart it, won't turn over. Luckily I can pull off right onto the sidewalk on the median. Yes, it had a full tank of gas! Made a mass text, and heard back from 3 .Netters who often go above and beyond for their friends. Within an hour I had help and a trailer at my side. Got it jumped and it started, so the trailer wasn't needed after all (but awfully glad it was there!) Was followed back to my house and as I turned into my neighborhood the bike shut off again, but I was able to coast into my parking space.

So now I need to find out what's wrong with it

A need to give a big THANK YOU to GhostRydr, Nate1213, and Creyzeiz! A thanks to Sidearm too, for checking in to see if he could help in any way too.

A big thumbs down to all the bikers who were out riding tonight and passed us , or stopped at the light right next to us, without even asking if we needed any help!

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#2)
Groundhogs can play dead

May 7, 2008, 10:13 PM

Good friends that are willing to help and listen are one of the best gifts in life.
I'm sorry to hear about your bike and I'm glad it happened so close to home!

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Still here

May 7, 2008, 10:24 PM

Pete felt awful since he was the one who wanted to keep riding. I told him I was just happy it happened so close to the house. It actually happened right in front of my school!

You can't beat good friends!

...and frankly if you did, I bet they wouldn't really be friends anymore anyway

02 1100 VStar

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Lead by example...
Unread
  (#4)
Wild, Twisty West VA

Thumbs up Lead by example... - May 7, 2008, 11:12 PM

Good people showing up to help had to be a highlight! Time with teacher, Mom on Wheels, an education all it's own! What a great lesson for your son and a reminder to the rest of us. Step up and live up to that!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Triple Secks

May 8, 2008, 06:50 AM

fwiw, i see riders on the side of the ride everyonce in awhile. i either figure they are waiting for it to stop raining(under a bridge) or that they are waiting for a friend to catch up.

No i did not pass by you lol.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#6)
Asstastic

May 8, 2008, 06:54 AM

Nice. Very heart warming read.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
Unread
  (#7)
Spectroscopist/adventurer

May 8, 2008, 07:01 AM

Whomever the good samaritains were, good on 'em.

Spaceballs is one dumb ass movie. I'm surprised I had to tell you that.
Unread
  (#8)
facebook what is that?

May 8, 2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstargidget
Went out for a beautiful evening ride with my son on the back. Took him out to Brentsville, up to Bristow, up 28, back through Manassas, and was just about to turn to the house when he said "That was too short, lets keep riding!" How can I turn that down? Get up to the next stop light, bike dies. Just dies! Can't restart it, won't turn over. Luckily I can pull off right onto the sidewalk on the median. Yes, it had a full tank of gas! Made a mass text, and heard back from 3 .Netters who often go above and beyond for their friends. Within an hour I had help and a trailer at my side. Got it jumped and it started, so the trailer wasn't needed after all (but awfully glad it was there!) Was followed back to my house and as I turned into my neighborhood the bike shut off again, but I was able to coast into my parking space.

So now I need to find out what's wrong with it

A need to give a big THANK YOU to GhostRydr, Nate1213, and Creyzeiz! A thanks to Sidearm too, for checking in to see if he could help in any way too.

A big thumbs down to all the bikers who were out riding tonight and passed us , or stopped at the light right next to us, without even asking if we needed any help!
I really don't get riders/bikers that doesn't help other bikers especially if they already saw you on the road needing assistance. But they wave at you when your riding on the road

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#9)
need more knee down

May 8, 2008, 07:07 AM

nice to see some decent riders in the area! I always try to help someone out if they look like they are in need of it. But its always a good thing to make sure it looks like you are in need. I pulled up to someone on the side of the road once and asked if they needed help and the dude just looked at me like i was crazy and said "hell no" and continued to talk on his cell phone. Suffice to say i dont bother unless its clearly obvious they are in need of help lol.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#10)
Elite Racing

May 8, 2008, 07:51 AM

Good on the folks who helped. What goes around, comes around.

Last Thursday night, the Mrs. and I were on our way home from The Spot, and I see a bike ahead of us pulled over on 606 just before the overpass for Rt. 28. I pulled up next to him and made sure he was okay. He was just adjusting his backpack. Didn't know the guy, but it didn't make a difference to me.

Hoepfully if my wife or I are pulled over, someone will stop to make sure we're good, too.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#11)
Still here

May 8, 2008, 08:02 AM

I agree with Castle! It takes a few minutes to simply ask if the person needs any assistance. I'm in a median, in the middle of a 3-way intersection, my son is standing around helmet in hand, and it's getting dark. Some of these bikers were right next to us stopped for the light. More cagers asked than bikers and the one biker who did ask was actually on a trike.

I'm glad it is raining today or I would be far more upset that my bike isn't running

02 1100 VStar

Unread
  (#12)
need more knee down

May 8, 2008, 08:47 AM

i agree it doesnt take much from your day to make sure someone is ok. Honestly that dude just made me bitter to helping anyone that is simply on the side of the road because of his attitude. In your case vstar, i would of at least asked if yall were alright if i was sitting right next to you at a light lol.

I must say that, coming from baltimore, drivers in nova are not very coutesy in general. This is just my opinion from what i've experienced thus far.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#13)
Super Moderator

May 8, 2008, 08:53 AM

Well I'm glad you and your son got to do some riding before the bike died At least you got a nice ride in!!!

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#14)
Pleased to meet me

May 8, 2008, 09:22 AM

Do the lights work?
Unread
  (#15)
Still here

May 8, 2008, 09:31 AM

The lights do work. After the jump my odometer no long seems to though

02 1100 VStar