DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
5 members and 555 guests
2blueyam, 2wheelin, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sunday was gorgeous!
Unread
  (#1)
Triple Secks

Sunday was gorgeous! - August 4, 2008, 05:59 AM

For those of you that didnt ride on sunday, for shame! The weather was beautiful.

I tried a new addition to my little columbia route. I was impressed i hit all the roads i wanted first time through after trying to memorize the roads.

Included new cut road/thistle back down to 103 to rt 1 south, to gorman road.

Participants included old roommate, and our friend that moved here from Texas. He got in last monday. He's new to riding, but his response was: "wow, that was the most turns ive ever seen! and we dont have hills in texas!"

Pretty much his first ride with turns, he mostly commuted to and from work before. He did great at not trying to go fast and riding his own ride. It was a slow pace anyways as i was leading and exploring the new roads.

Good times with good friends.

PS: getting onto Thistle from 144 is scary.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Lethal Snake

August 4, 2008, 06:32 AM

Thats my neck of the woods. I'm gonna have to check out thistle, looks decent

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...d18/cbrpic.jpg 07 Blue/Silver 600RR
Mods: Carbon front fender, 03-06 integrated taillight, Hotbodies flush mount signals, CF "Honda Racing" tank protector, Shogun frame sliders
Unread
  (#3)
Triple Secks

August 4, 2008, 06:42 AM

Be careful on thistle. There is a semi blind corner that runs into a stop sign with no warning. Thistle also had some low quality pavement. New cut was nicer, but once thistle turns into another name (i forget what it's called) there are a couple nice sweepers.

same routine.
Unread
  (#4)
Only 1 way to ride

August 4, 2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrasive
For those of you that didnt ride on sunday, for shame! The weather was beautiful.

I tried a new addition to my little columbia route. I was impressed i hit all the roads i wanted first time through after trying to memorize the roads.

Included new cut road/thistle back down to 103 to rt 1 south, to gorman road.

Participants included old roommate, and our friend that moved here from Texas. He got in last monday. He's new to riding, but his response was: "wow, that was the most turns ive ever seen! and we dont have hills in texas!"

Pretty much his first ride with turns, he mostly commuted to and from work before. He did great at not trying to go fast and riding his own ride. It was a slow pace anyways as i was leading and exploring the new roads.

Good times with good friends.

PS: getting onto Thistle from 144 is scary.
yeah I went out on Sunday too for about an hour or so... shot out the Glenalg (sp?) way and hit those back roads where some of the new $1million dollar homes are being built. It was a great day for riding.

I must admit though I went "squid" for the first time ever - rocked shorts and a t-shirt (cutoff sleaves even LOL!) - I know I was wrong for that but it felt good -- I can see how people can get to used to riding without their gear.... until its too late...

Anyways im right off of Snowden River/Oakland Mills, hit me up sometime- always looking for some folks to ride with around the local area.... get tired of the hustle-and-bustle of the of the highways.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

August 4, 2008, 07:33 AM

River road isn't bad there either. You can make a circuit by coming in on new cut, right on college for that crazy hill, then thistle, 144, hilltop back down to thistle, then head up river road. Repeat as necessary.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
Triple Secks

August 4, 2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker4Life

I must admit though I went "squid" for the first time ever - rocked shorts and a t-shirt (cutoff sleaves even LOL!) - I know I was wrong for that but it felt good -- I can see how people can get to used to riding without their gear.... until its too late...

j/k. I dunno why you'd have choosen yesterday as your 1st day to squid, considering it was so cool out and not humid! I was rocking leather jacket and mesh overpants on top of jeans. Pretty much my standard fare for riding unless it's to/from my columbia office (3.5miles). In which case, i just drop the overpants. I feel naked if i ride my bike from 1 parking space to another w/no gear.

Think we used to chat in SB awhile back. My old username was darksidesw20. I tend not ride with others too much unless i know them - i feel my pace will be too slow and bore others. But i'm down someday if you dont mind a slower, shortish ride.

OSD, that was my first time up there since we mentioned those roads in another thread. I can only remember so many road names/directions at a time. I'll continually try to expand it as i run it.

same routine.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

August 4, 2008, 08:20 AM

sunday was nice up until my exhaust decided to pop out of the manifold and melt everything under the tail of my bike and i discovered that my tire has a rip in it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#8)
Only 1 way to ride

August 4, 2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrasive

j/k. I dunno why you'd have choosen yesterday as your 1st day to squid, considering it was so cool out and not humid! I was rocking leather jacket and mesh overpants on top of jeans. Pretty much my standard fare for riding unless it's to/from my columbia office (3.5miles). In which case, i just drop the overpants. I feel naked if i ride my bike from 1 parking space to another w/no gear.

Think we used to chat in SB awhile back. My old username was darksidesw20. I tend not ride with others too much unless i know them - i feel my pace will be too slow and bore others. But i'm down someday if you dont mind a slower, shortish ride.

OSD, that was my first time up there since we mentioned those roads in another thread. I can only remember so many road names/directions at a time. I'll continually try to expand it as i run it.
Definately remember you as DarkSide. You and your wife was sharing a bike at the time... until you picked up another one... I'm assuming you have two bikes now? I ain't a balls-to-wall rider myself.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Unread
  (#9)
Asstastic

August 4, 2008, 08:35 AM

I could not agree with you anymore.... Sunday was beautiful. We got to ride out to Front-Roll and dine at the fab Spellunkers Custard place.... Yummie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
Unread
  (#10)
Triple Secks

August 4, 2008, 08:45 AM

Yeah Husker, we picked up a 2nd bike. I'll shoot you a pm next time i go "riding." The route i ran yesterday was a few turns in columbia, then leading up to newcut.. could probably slice some time off the route if i hopped back onto 29 to hit 108. I live near the mall and work on brokenland near stevensforest rd.

#452, we ended at my place and caged it to red robbins for dinner.

same routine.
Unread
  (#11)
Custom User Title

August 4, 2008, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the invite ... oh .. wait ...

Next time let me know - haven't hit those roads in a long time.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#12)
Triple Secks

August 4, 2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDan
Thanks for the invite ... oh .. wait ...

Next time let me know - haven't hit those roads in a long time.

Will do. You live out so far i didnt think about it. I'll get andrew to call ya.

Are you riding the bike to corys for bocci ball?

same routine.
Unread
  (#13)
Custom User Title

August 4, 2008, 09:22 AM

I'm torn ... I'm going up Friday so it would be nice, buuut I'm sure I'll be in no condition what so ever to ride home after I win the Bocce tournament Saturday. So I'll probably cage it. Unless I sell the cage this week haha.
Unread
  (#14)
Triple Secks

August 4, 2008, 09:23 AM

What time are you coming up on friday? It's my off friday, we could go

i think the wife and i are gonna both ride over. Leaving the dogs at home this year. I'll just have to stay away from the keg.

same routine.
Unread
  (#15)
Custom User Title

August 4, 2008, 09:46 AM

Have to talk to Cory - see when he needs me to help set up. Might be able to get some riding in before or after I'll let you know.

If I don't ride, you can take your wife's bike and I'll ride the Daytona - that work? hahahahaha