DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
5 members and 547 guests
2blueyam, 2wheelin, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sunday ride...
Unread
  (#1)
1st Gear Maniac!

Sunday ride... - June 1, 2008, 02:08 PM

Just got back from my first .net ride ride and all i can say was that it went well. Good roads... even hit some offroad action. Only came across one 5-0 and it was on the way home.
Had fun cruising at a Fast... I mean Moderate pace . On the way home had some good roll ons, I had a full stomach of bbq

here are 4 pics... two people were unidentified...

it was not a 250

Last edited by Bigprfed; June 1, 2008 at 02:15 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
2 wheels for life

June 1, 2008, 02:16 PM

I believe you on that not being a 250

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I got nuthin

June 1, 2008, 02:19 PM

glad you made it out, where was po po. glad i split in the plains. lets do it again sometime!!

R.I.P. Jeff Vega

1983 Honda XR80
1989 Honda Rebel 250
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750
1986 Honda Shadow 700
2002 Ducati Monster Dark 600
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2011 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2001 Suzuki SV 650
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Taty  
Unread
  (#4)
Contributor

June 1, 2008, 05:45 PM

2 of us got nabbed following two others going a little hot into the Fairfax gov center. The not guilty are the ones holding the tickets. I was doing 40 and got a ticket for 80 in a 35. Wreckless. Yeah the ride was great. Moderate pace with the some slow spots, unexpected gravel covering an entire street and a range of skill levels.

Sadly after the break off at 66 I continued to follow and I now am super fucked. Female office dealt out tickets and some not so kind words.

Bottom line... some one was cooking and some one wasn't. Sadly we are both facing some shit charges and I had to have my bike trucked home.

No one died, no one got hurt but I think my steet days are over now.

Seems I can't win.

to those that read.... she has no actual proof we were doing any speed at all... she rolled up on us at a stop and said she had to do 80 to catch us.

I was driving at 40. I guess this is what you call taking one for the team. Funny how that works out.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#5)
2 wheels for life

June 1, 2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyinVA
2 of us got nabbed following two others going a little hot into the Fairfax gov center. The not guilty are the ones holding the tickets. I was doing 40 and got a ticket for 80 in a 35. Wreckless. Yeah the ride was great. Moderate pace with the some slow spots, unexpected gravel covering an entire street and a range of skill levels.

Sadly after the break off at 66 I continued to follow and I now am super fucked. Female office dealt out tickets and some not so kind words.

Bottom line... some one was cooking and some one wasn't. Sadly we are both facing some shit charges and I had to have my bike trucked home.

Seems I can't win.

to those that read.... she has no actual proof we were doing any speed at all... she rolled up on us at a stop and said she had to do 80 to catch us.

I was driving at 40. I guess this is what you call taking one for the team. Funny how that works out.
Get a good lawyer and hope for the best

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
1st Gear Maniac!

June 1, 2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Seems I can't win.

whatttt? where did you get off, i split from the group at ffx parkway to go home, after that?
Unread
  (#7)
One of The Usual Suspects

June 1, 2008, 06:40 PM

Damn Lucky,

That really sucks, I think you should be able to fight that if she didn't get a pace on you and no radar read.

Good luck with that.

To the rest of the gang, had a good time today. Moderate pace and alot of fun. As usual, can't wait to do it again.

P.S. I just wish you lightweights wanted to ride longer!!! These 3-hour rides SUCK!

Last edited by toadmeister00; June 1, 2008 at 06:45 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to toadmeister00  
Unread
  (#8)
Derpentine Dealer

June 1, 2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Seems I can't win.

Holy cow, dude. I think the Man Upstairs is trying to get your attention or something. I'm sorry to hear of your predicament.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#9)
1st Gear Maniac!

June 1, 2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadmeister00
Damn Lucky,

That really sucks, I think you should be able to fight that if she didn't get a pace on you and no radar read.

Good luck with that.

To the rest of the gang, had a good time today. Moderate pace and alot of fun. As usual, can't wait to do it again.

P.S. I just wish you lightweights wanted to ride longer!!! These 3-hour rides SUCK!

someone was wearing textile...
Unread
  (#10)
a.k.a. Batman?

June 1, 2008, 09:10 PM

Damn lucky thats sucks.. bad news aside it was a great ride. It was nice to meet a new group of .net'er. as aways some pretty cool dudes..

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Madman  
Unread
  (#11)
One of The Usual Suspects

June 1, 2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigprfed
someone was wearing textile...
And someone was wearing jeans and a t-shirt!

1-piece will be here tomorrow, crossing fingers that it fits...freakin' ebay.

Then we can ride longer?

Last edited by toadmeister00; June 1, 2008 at 11:04 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to toadmeister00  
Unread
  (#12)
1st Gear Maniac!

June 1, 2008, 11:48 PM

i was cooking in my leather but yeah im down, just freaks me out thinking the heat is catching up to me.
Unread
  (#13)
Banned

June 2, 2008, 01:04 AM

i missed out.... bbq? my favorite lol
Unread
  (#14)
Tough guy

June 2, 2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:

Seems I can't win.

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#15)
I got nuthin

June 2, 2008, 08:43 AM

Then we can ride longer?[/quote]

dude, i would have ridden longer, at least taken the long way home. i hate 66, and i hate speedin on 66, but when your in a group of crazies, you just tend to go crazy too. Lucky man, that sucks!!!! but it does sound like you may have somewhat of a case. did they take your bike?

R.I.P. Jeff Vega

1983 Honda XR80
1989 Honda Rebel 250
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750
1986 Honda Shadow 700
2002 Ducati Monster Dark 600
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
2011 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2001 Suzuki SV 650
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Taty