DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 499
4 members and 495 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
A thanks to YaoMatt and Johnny954
Unread
  (#1)
Contributor

A thanks to YaoMatt and Johnny954 - June 12, 2008, 10:46 PM

A thanks to Matt for talking to me and explaining how taking a set of Diablo Corscas would make my bike feel.

Johnny from Devil Dawg in Chantilly ..thanks for awesome work and really cheap prices and fast turn around.

Let me rephrase this because the thread has already take a dive.

First off I just wanted to thank the guys .. so thanks.

Rewrite

I had been having some trouble with confidence on the bridgestones I had on the bike. I was riding slower and basically not pressing myself of the bike at all. I wanted a better tire and got one. The difference is clearly that I feel more confident and the tires have contributed. I don't want to catch a knee on the street and I am more than ready to get to the track its simply a matter of $. I am legally allowed to drive you guyz... just restricted to riding a route from work to home ... repeat as necessary.

The take offs just simply feel better end of story.

I wasn't trying to say race take offs made me a professional.. guess rereading that is sounded that way

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA
www.trianglecycles.com NC/VA

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/27068503@N05/

Last edited by Lucky; June 13, 2008 at 08:45 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Lucky  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 13, 2008, 12:40 AM

Now remember take offs take longer to warm up than normal street tires! So give it a bit before you throw it into a turn. Also the more heat cycles in them the longer to heat up and they get real hard.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Contributor

June 13, 2008, 01:19 AM

noted.. in this heat and with a mile or two of warm ups I can say they are still WAY better then the stock Bridgestones.. perhaps it is mental but shit I nearly caught knee and never felt slipage.. I'll take the warning and see if my everlasting commute straights will transfer to the tire.

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA

Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 13, 2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyinVA
noted.. in this heat and with a mile or two of warm ups I can say they are still WAY better then the stock Bridgestones.. perhaps it is mental but shit I nearly caught knee and never felt slipage.. I'll take the warning and see if my everlasting commute straights will transfer to the tire.
Lucky you really need to get off the street and ride the track! If you goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem. Also to say you corner speed has picked up 20 mph is just pure bs. First off you should not be looking at your speed in any corner. Second your goal should not be corner speed on the street. Also most people cannot tell the difference between high performance tires on the street because you never really push the bike hard enough to get the feedback you normally get on the track. Man slow down and get some track time!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
This Ain't My First Time!

June 13, 2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.
OMG!!! This is classic!!

LOL!!!!!

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Last edited by cf3232; June 13, 2008 at 02:18 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

June 13, 2008, 04:51 AM

Supercorsas? I echo what dodge said. I ran some last summer. Don't get crazy on them until you have done a few easy turns. The other thing to do is put a few straight up, hard brakings and accelerations into them before leaning on them. You need to get them warmed up or else they will grip about as well as granite.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
Retired to most ...

June 13, 2008, 07:04 AM

No problem Lucky. If you need anything else give me a call.

As as far the riding goes ...... DUDE ... you gotta chill it out on the street bro. I'm not saying don't have fun but just cause you have track take offs on your street bike doesn't mean your speed in and out of corners has suddenly increased. If anything track take offs take a much more considerable amount of time and attention since they have been heat cycled already. Take your time bro. I'd like to see you and the bike come back in the same way you left!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#8)
DAS BOOT

June 13, 2008, 07:06 AM

Wait... you're riding?

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#9)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 13, 2008, 07:21 AM

I was putting away $$ so I could buy that bike. I guess there was a change of plans

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#10)
Mr. Glass

June 13, 2008, 07:36 AM

dont worry gdog. it will happen

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#11)
ATTN INVESTORS!

June 13, 2008, 07:37 AM

Yup, they good peoples.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#12)
unapologetic

June 13, 2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
Lucky you really need to get off the street and ride the track! If you goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem. Also to say you corner speed has picked up 20 mph is just pure bs. First off you should not be looking at your speed in any corner. Second your goal should not be corner speed on the street. Also most people cannot tell the difference between high performance tires on the street because you never really push the bike hard enough to get the feedback you normally get on the track. Man slow down and get some track time!
First, +1. And.......

1. aren't you the dude who was asking for people to help out with some kind of fundraiser for a defense fund so you wouldn't go to jail due to some jackassery on the street?

2. YaoMatt was giving you tire advice?????? (giving you shit Matt)

3. Take-offs on the street make you instantly lean farther and tear thru corners faster than ever before?

4. How hot do you really think you are getting a race tire on the street?

5. refer to 1.

I'm not flaming you dude, but come-on! Take that thing to the track. THe risk goes WAAAYYY down, and you usually don't endanger anybody else besides yourself there.

oh, and JSpeed and his crew are good peeps.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#13)
Contributor

June 13, 2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
First, +1. And.......

1. aren't you the dude who was asking for people to help out with some kind of fundraiser for a defense fund so you wouldn't go to jail due to some jackassery on the street?

2. YaoMatt was giving you tire advice?????? (giving you shit Matt)

3. Take-offs on the street make you instantly lean farther and tear thru corners faster than ever before?

4. How hot do you really think you are getting a race tire on the street?

5. refer to 1.

I'm not flaming you dude, but come-on! Take that thing to the track. THe risk goes WAAAYYY down, and you usually don't endanger anybody else besides yourself there.

oh, and JSpeed and his crew are good peeps.

You read the post as if I was running around the streets and being an asshole. I didn't have to do that to feel a difference. I also never said I was getting into the tire like a racer would. I said I felt more confident and that my speed into the corners I had taken was considerably higher because I had better position and more confidence in the tires I am on. Does that make sense?

2006 Yamaha R6
2008 Zuma YW50

Semper Fi
MARRC Cornerworker
NESBA #707
CCS AM #991
www.marrc.org
www.cornerspeed.net
www.rnrcycles.com VA

Unread
  (#14)
www.udothedishes.com

June 13, 2008, 08:48 AM

Next - ?
05 Yamaha R6 - Street (SOLD)
Unread
  (#15)
Ling Long

June 13, 2008, 09:30 AM

To quantify my sentiments to Lucky: I've ridden dunlops, bridgestone, micheline and pirelli. I prefer the pirelli. They have a more progressive feel, which is confidence inspiring for me during transitions, where say... the Dunlops simply fall in.

I let him know that the tires need to be watched properly due to heat cycles and that the preservative chemicals weren't there. I did, however, tell him that there was plenty of grip left in the center, which would last him a few thousand miles for his commute to and from work.

That being said, you guys shouldn't be that hard on lucky... he's new and trying to learn and fit in. Let's treat him with a small amount of respect and get him the right information instead of berating him to the point that he becomes defensive and stops listening.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt