DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
8 members and 535 guests
beatle, BigE, gvr4wd, RileysDad, Sal_the_man, t84a, Toecutter, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Too beautiful outside to be lazy ...
Unread
  (#1)
Happiness Consultant

Talking Too beautiful outside to be lazy ... - April 21, 2018, 07:48 PM

I hit the gym this morning around 10-11:30. Got home around 1 after some errands and had it in mind to be lazy AF.

But its a nice day out and I have 5 motorcycles in my garage so one of them was going to see my ass (literally), it was to nice of a day to be on the couch. I ended up calling over to Motorcycles of Dulles, because there are some new bikes I was wanting to take a look at. I called to see if they had them. They did, so on one of the mighty Royal Enfield's I went.

With all the road construction going on on Rt 606, I couldn't figure out which damn complex Motorcycles of Dulles (MOD) was in. I ended up at Ocelot Brewery, Capital MMA, DMV Body shop, Lazertag ... freaking everything but MOD

So I had to pull over and whip out the phone/google maps to get the location. Here is the RE Classic 500

Just so everyone knows, MOD is about to become an Indian Motorcycle dealership - I was wanting to look at their new cruisers. They did have them, but they hadn't been unboxed. The salesguy asked the owner if I could look at one moto in particular, so the owner came out and show it to me. Here are some of the unboxed Indians:

I also got to look at some new Bonnevilles, Thruxtons, Street Triples, a few other Royal Enfields and my dream bike - the BMW R Nine T

PSA for any fans of the Indian Motorcycle brand - The Indians should be out in the new Indian section by midweek next week and the bike I am looking for should be there at the beginning of May.

Moving right along, I was getting hungry so it was time for lunch. I was told by a coworker that the best BBQ was Monk's BBQ in Purcellville, so today was a good day to get up there for some BBQ

So I took this opportunity to revisit a whole bunch of back roads I haven't been on in quite a few years. Some of the main ones everyone knows but there were a few roads that only the locals know about that I had to check out - some of them I've only been on with my road bike (cycling). I made a mental note to add some of them to my routes for when I'm on my SV or maybe a new bonk - time will tell.

I ended up at Monk's without issue but the parking lot was packed - irritating, but that's a good sign about the food. I also had to wait to order which was pretty long, but once I ordered the food was delivered almost right after I paid.

at some point a bunch of people at the bar started screaming - the Caps were on and they scored - which then led to a win. They were down 2 games to nothing and now they are up 3-2

(this plug is for ClemsonJeeper, site owner and 'yuge' Caps fan)

And here is my brisket, mashed taters and CORNBREAD!!

At some point, I'm going to have to lead a group ride to this place

By the time I was done with my late lunch/early dinner it was close to 5 and it was getting cold So I filled up with gas - at which point some Purcellville MILFs gave me some looks and compliments on my bike - and I headed out a few more back roads that led me back home. A pretty good ride home - very uneventful however, it seems that not only do MILFs like my bike but so do cows

here are some cows, giving me looks:

and stopped off to take a pic of me in a small tiny village off of 50:

some other things to note:

Harley riders are dicks - not one damn Harley rider waved as I waved to them

I wish it was at least spring - tired of this cold bull

Where are all my riders at?

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

April 22, 2018, 08:06 AM

I only take issue with the idea that there are a collection of Purcellville MILFs.

This is the only part of the story that is likely fictional.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Triumph-ant

April 22, 2018, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the invite

1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
  Send a message via AIM to