DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 181
0 members and 181 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > After the Ride...

LinkBack Thread Tools
The Yamasaki Ride
Unread
  (#1)
Happiness Consultant

The Yamasaki Ride - September 7, 2009, 04:37 PM

The Yamasaki ride

No Sunday funday ride report this week. This week it would be a Monday funday ride and while my normal riding buddy (MissS) continues to convalesce - after the events of this ride, I would be joined this week by Sam-197. I also sent out a text inviting some old schoolers (Nudist and ClemsonJeeper) - but heard nothing back - I guess I can't complain - the ladies still Suave.

Meetup was the Haymarket Sheetz and I needed coffee - for some reason I wasn't function very well this morning. It was probably because normally on a Monday I would be at work - not because of the 2 nights of drunken debauchery I had this weekend. Sam and her R1 were there waiting for me when I arrived. Our salutations were quick, I grabbed some coffee, gas and right before we were about to get started we got a surprise visit from PimpD1! (Derek) who was visiting from Tennessee.

Sam-197 and PimpD1! (Sam and Derek)

So after a visit with Derek, Sam had requested that it wouldn't be an all day ride and since the weather was a bit iffy I figured out a pretty good route in my head that wouldn't keep us out all day and then we were off. Now just a little history lesson - Sam-197 used to control ride for me during my track days on various track days - so it was quite the role-reversal to have her follow me on my routes. We actually discussed this role-reversal during one of the breaks and had a good laugh.

Our route would be West and North to Middleburg - South and West to Marshall and west to Flint Hill, Hume and lunch at the Apple House. I didn't know what pace to set because I was asked to take it easy, but as soon as we hit the sweepers on 55 - you all know the ones I'm talking about - Sam pulled up next to me indicating a quicker pace so I dropped two gears and ripped through the sweepers at a much more "Sam approved" (triple digit) pace.

Lunch at the Apple house - Sam picked up my tab - 2nd time a woman has bought me lunch there this week And we spent lunch discussing past rides and track days. Once again, we ran into another DCSBN'r - this time it was Dodge and his family who said hello whilst we were gearing up to leave. There was also a wide eyed boy there who followed us out just so he could listen to our bikes - I think Sam was his hero.

Kawi and Yami

After lunch the pace was quicker for some reason, I guess I woke up. It certainly was nice having the big R1 behind me because there was no more waiting behind slowpokes. We definitely made good time getting from the Apple House to Marshall via Howellsville, Paris, Upperville, Kerfoot, and Rectortown. Once in Marshall, we discussed future rides so I'm looking forward to having Sam along for the next one.

Finally - Sam and I would split at the Plains and I would be taking the route home in which I watched MissS crash the previous week. It was a little surreal for me to take the roads at my pace and I certainly slowed down at the spot in which the crash occurred - probably a good thing because it apparently rained while I was out west and the roads were all wet. All told, I garaged my bike with another 160 miles and somewhere close to Carter's Run - my bike and I went over 16,000 miles.

till next ride

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#2)
Meet your Maker

September 7, 2009, 04:44 PM

I think I saw you all on the other side of 211 around 12 maybe...saw a group of bikes in the parking lot

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#3)
Happiness Consultant

September 7, 2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeb View Post
I think I saw you all on the other side of 211 around 12 maybe...saw a group of bikes in the parking lot
If you're talking about the bank parking lot - that was most likely us. But there was no group - just me and Sam, 2 blue bikes.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#4)
Groping is a skill...

September 7, 2009, 05:16 PM

I love you man!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Don't call my name

September 7, 2009, 07:28 PM

Sounds like you have more fun without me.

I got about 50 miles today.

Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Happiness Consultant

September 7, 2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
I love you man!
professing love for me doesn't get you an invite on rides - having a genuine love to ride and a non-jackass attitude does.

no worries Tiny, you can come ... just remember, I am the big spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS
Sounds like you have more fun without me.

I got about 50 miles today.
yeah yeah, missed you too.

other then the 50 miles I heard you got rained on (while I stayed dry) - which forever solidifies the argument that YOU ARE THE RAIN MAGNET!!!

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#7)
Don't call my name

September 7, 2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave View Post
professing love for me doesn't get you an invite on rides - having a genuine love to ride and a non-jackass attitude does.

yeah yeah, missed you too.

other then the 50 miles I heard you got rained on (while I stayed dry) - which forever solidifies the argument that YOU ARE THE RAIN MAGNET!!!

I'll invite you Turkish!! Hehehe. He says all invites have to run through me anyway.

It was sprinkling when we left, but radar was clear. So we moved "away" from the storms, and got soaked.

Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Happiness Consultant

September 7, 2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
I'll invite you Turkish!! Hehehe. He says all invites have to run through me anyway.
uh huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS
It was sprinkling when we left, but radar was clear. So we moved "away" from the storms, and got soaked.
you and bam's ability to read weather radar == FAIL.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#9)
No Touchie!

September 8, 2009, 07:15 AM

hehe...It was a fun ride. I haven't really spent much time riding on the street in years. Most of my time and $$ has been at the track. It was nice to go out with Ed leading and I didn't have to think about lap times of setting someone up....it was just mellow and calm. At the end of the day though, I definitely wanted to take the R1 to the track to open that puppy up! That bike wants to go FAST!

side note: before heading to the plains on our return trip, Ed hinted at switching bikes...to which Sam LAUGHED

Good ride Ed, sweet loop. I am sure to tag along on another ride soon.

In search of the perfect lap......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sam-197  
Unread
  (#10)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
September 8, 2009, 08:40 AM

Nice....Ed it was great seeing you....

Hopefully I can get up there to ride with everyone....but it wont be for awhile, since im deploying. When I get back though, its on.

Sam, I remember we have met before and we talked on the board a few times....oh yeah BTW Sam...gorgeous bike....

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#11)
Happiness Consultant

September 8, 2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-197 View Post

side note: before heading to the plains on our return trip, Ed hinted at switching bikes...to which Sam LAUGHED
probably a good thing - next thing I know, Im really poor with a new R1 in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-197
Good ride Ed, sweet loop. I am sure to tag along on another ride soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpD
Nice....Ed it was great seeing you....
likewise... I know it will be a while, but let us know when your back and ready to ride.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#12)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
September 8, 2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
probably a good thing - next thing I know, Im really poor with a new R1 in my garage.

likewise... I know it will be a while, but let us know when your back and ready to ride.
Will do buddy.....cant wait

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#13)
Typical Stripper

September 8, 2009, 10:46 PM

Clemson is in Italy and I completely missed your text. Bastage.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

September 8, 2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:

All your ride threads involve you and other fems so it just reminded me of the movie "I love you man"! However we can

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#15)
Happiness Consultant

Cool September 9, 2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
All your ride threads involve you and other fems so it just reminded me of the movie "I love you man"! However we can
never saw the movie.

and no we cannot even though I am Big Spoon.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this