DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 453
3 members and 450 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
06 600 rr for track?
Unread
  (#1)
2001 honda 929

06 600 rr for track? - May 1, 2008, 09:43 AM

I have in hand an 600 I picked up cheap. I have rode most my life started on dirtbikes @ 13. I ride a 01 929. My buddies ride liters and one busa. They want me to track. When I told them that I was gonna us the 6. They were disappointed and said I should get a 1000 or use the 929. I have never tracked. Missed jennings last week cause of shoulder. May make it in august. I will try to fit cornerspeed in around july. What do you think 6 or liter?

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Triple Secks

May 1, 2008, 09:44 AM

Pretty sure most people are going to tell you to stick with the 600. Depends on your skill level, i think most people go slower on liters than 600's.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
2001 honda 929

May 1, 2008, 09:58 AM

Interesting. I used to race 125 and 250 dirtbikes. the old saying on the 125 was throttle wide open bounce of anything in the way. 250 was great for climbs. So how are they different on the track?

Unread
  (#4)
Contributes nothing

May 1, 2008, 12:27 PM

the 600 is a better trackbike, and you'll end up being faster than your friends. Track newbies on liters are everyone else's nightmare, almost always slow as hell in the corners and then blast off only to slow the hell down again

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#5)
2001 honda 929

May 1, 2008, 12:44 PM

Guess I will run the six. Only gona get in a little this year. And if I shred it. No big : )

Unread
  (#6)
Nubbs ban yourself!

May 1, 2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks
Guess I will run the six. Only gona get in a little this year. And if I shred it. No big : )
Example, now I suck but can tell what guys/girl are talking about.
On the Jefferson on my cbr600rr going into the corners I was ahead of or right with other 1000's.
Coming out of the corner they can accel much faster and go past me down the straight.
I catch back up almost in the next corner but the next straight they take off again.
They have to start braking sooner and usually slow down even more.
A few laps of this and yes they are way ahead of me but not because they are better at cornering, the entire point of a sport bike or I can ride my Harley.
Every guy/girl I have met that races around here has told me to bring a 600 to the track!
I take their advice not my own!
Unread
  (#7)
2001 honda 929

May 1, 2008, 03:43 PM

I dont think I will be faster than my buddies. Im the only one not sponsored. They say I can keep up and fast. I get my speed in the turns but need to improve coming out of turn. I do good diving in a drifting but to often it seems Im in to hi a gear coming out. Figure I would fix that on a track.

Unread
  (#8)
What is a chicken strip?

June 8, 2008, 09:05 PM

fack....just do what cha want mon
Unread
  (#9)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

June 9, 2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks
I dont think I will be faster than my buddies. Im the only one not sponsored. They say I can keep up and fast. I get my speed in the turns but need to improve coming out of turn. I do good diving in a drifting but to often it seems Im in to hi a gear coming out. Figure I would fix that on a track.
Prior to the 07, 06 is an excellent bike. I have an 03 and IMO the 06 is my favorite bike....You have the inverted fork setup which contains better cartridges than the 03-04 (regular forks), bike weighs 12 lbs lighter than mine (03), and the handling is amazing. How much do you weigh with gear? It would be a good idea to preload rider's SAG on the rear shock and forks. It'll give you much better feedback when on the track. Good luck