DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 454
0 members and 454 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
1st trackweekend done: tire question? pics added
Unread
  (#1)
mmmm?

1st trackweekend done: tire question? pics added - July 9, 2007, 01:23 PM

ok gents, i got back late last night from a great weekend. sat was my first trackday all i have to say is wow! i learned alot about myself and my bike. i was slow and felt kind of out of place when on the 2nd and 3rd lap of the first session people were passing me like crazy. i was like dam! but as the weekend went by i got smoother and my speed came up by itself. on the 2nd day i know i was pushing it more when my knee touched the ground, when i felt that it felt wierd but then i was like ok. but on the 6th session i went in hot into turn one, knee on the ground as i start to get on the throtle i feel my front tire kind of slip so me as a dumass i roll of and then it got harry the rear tire sliped bike stood up, it almost bucked me off, all i could think of is let go of the bars when i did that the bike went straight into the grass and i was able to save it. i was able to get back on the track, i did about 2 more laps to get the jitters out(at a slower pace of course) then i called it a day.

so now for my tire question. i was running qualifiers out there, and some people told me that they are not that good once you start going faster. how good are these tires compared to DCIII's. if you had the choice of these two wich ones would you run and why.

thanks. i cant wait to get back on the track.

Last edited by gsxr-sal; July 9, 2007 at 08:14 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
PewPew

July 9, 2007, 01:38 PM

Diablo Corsa IIIs are a great track / road tire... so are the Pilot Powers... personally I hate the qualifiers and I like the lean transition I get from the DCIIIs better than that of the Pilot powers.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#3)
Mr. Glass

July 9, 2007, 01:40 PM

the DCIIIs all the way, feel waay more progressive on the corner. I have the Quilfiers as the OEM tire, and have recently switched to the diablo supercorsas soft front and rear. I dont expect much life out of them but I do expect great stability and traction around corners.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#4)
opossum puncher

July 9, 2007, 01:56 PM

The Dunlop Q's are good tires, the PDC III's are probably just a bit better. I have a friend who was running some damn good times on Dunlop Q's before he sold the bike.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#5)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
July 9, 2007, 02:21 PM

PP 2 CTs.......nuff said

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#6)
Retired to most ...

July 9, 2007, 02:21 PM

If it aint a Pilot Power your not gonna be happy!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#7)
DAS BOOT

July 9, 2007, 02:40 PM

I have the Corsa III's and I love them. Ride them on the track and street... Never had the Pilot Powers, but many seem to like those as well.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#8)
RIP Jeff Vega

July 9, 2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
If it aint a Pilot Power your not gonna be happy!!
Thought the same thing but I just threw a set of the PDCIII's on and they feel great. I haven't gotten any really hard riding in yet, but so far I like them.

If they last as long as the pilot powers, I will be sold for life.
Unread
  (#9)
mmmm?

July 9, 2007, 06:36 PM

thanks for the replys. im going to try the DCIII the next time out. One more question. I was thinking of doing TPM Basic. what is your guys opinions on this school, and is level one and two worth the extra money compare to a nesba track day. thanks. see now all im doing is looking at what days i can squeeze into my schedule, man i knew i should of stayed away from the track. j/k
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

July 9, 2007, 06:42 PM

Sal the wife ain't gonna be too happy with you.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#11)
( * )|( * )

July 9, 2007, 06:42 PM

I'd recommend cornerspeed to be honest...I know a few took Art Basic.

Also, MARRC has some schools as well and from what I saw this weekend everyone was pretty happy.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#12)
Nubbs ban yourself!

July 9, 2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr-sal
thanks for the replys. im going to try the DCIII the next time out. One more question. I was thinking of doing TPM Basic. what is your guys opinions on this school, and is level one and two worth the extra money compare to a nesba track day. thanks. see now all im doing is looking at what days i can squeeze into my schedule, man i knew i should of stayed away from the track. j/k
Don't know about you but my next track day is probably going to be Superbike at VIR.

Nesba was great and all but is really not a school. Many control riders are x racers and very good with lots of knowledge. With that said, the organization just isn't setup as a school like Superbike. My .02

Ops, forgot about cornerspeed and Chris already mentioned it...
Unread
  (#13)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

July 9, 2007, 06:53 PM

Qualifiers are just fine as long as they are new. Once you start going faster you will want invest in pure race tires. Don't waste your time with those overhyped street tires.
Pure race tires are actually cheaper that regular tires. They grip better but since they are soft they will not last very long.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#14)
mmmm?

July 9, 2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX2050
Sal the wife ain't gonna be too happy with you.
lol.

Tony my wife had a good time out there, except for the heat. the kids were out there and it was funny coming back from the first session my kids were telling that i was slow because a lot of people were passing me. i was like gee thanks. but my family had a good time plus we camped out for two nights so that was cool for the kids.

rossi how many track days do you get on a set of race tires, would it be the supercorsas or power race tires that your talking about price wise.
Unread
  (#15)
RIP Jeff Vega

July 9, 2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr-sal
thanks for the replys. im going to try the DCIII the next time out.
If your a Nesba member they should be right around $260 mounted on your bike. Can't beat that deal at all.

As far as pure race tires...I would hold off for a while. Lots of Nesba CR's run the PDCIII's and they are ROLLING out there in advanced group. You should be able to run upper "I" times or slow "A" times on the PDC III's.