DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 496
4 members and 492 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, nootherids, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Breakdown Your Bike
Unread
  (#1)
Go Skins!!

Breakdown Your Bike - October 25, 2007, 01:06 PM

I see alot of threads on which bike to purchase, how is a certain brand and so on. We can use this thread to breakdown the bikes you have riden to give a more personal view of the bike.

I have been riding sportbikes on and off for 12 years

My first bike was a 1997 katana 600. This is a excellent starter bike I drop this bike several times and she continued to run.

Next up was the Honda 900rr which I loved. This bike was extremely light and fast. I could put this bike into a turn and not worry about anything. There is an article about older bikes still be able to run with the newer bikes with a little work and honda 900rr is one of those bikes.

My honda 929 and 954 was a disappoint compared to my 900rr. Speed and handling was great however compared to my 900rr I excepted more. The 929 and 954 are still great bikes. If you are looking for a stable bike and not have to worry about tank slappers than these are excellent bikes.

2004 Honda 1000rr is an excellent bike. I loved this bike for it looks, handling and speed. On the top end of this bike it just continues to give you more, more and more. It was times I was in the shield at 155 and the bike would continue to give me more. The handling on this bike is one you can trust in any turn. The electronic steering damper made this bike what it is.

2007 Ducati 1098 is an unbelievable bike. Whatever is your preference of riding this bike can be transformed into that ride. If you want speed it will cost you however the base model is enough for me. Not enough can be said about this bike in the turns but DAMN! This bike will read your mind and put you into the turn before you even know you are out of the turn.

Summary:

commuter bikes: all bikes except for the ducati 1098 because she does not like to sit, she runs extreme hot at idle however if you leave late after the traffice or early before traffic than like I do than be all means to her to work.

PS: Please feel free to breakdown in details. And feel free to break down on the same bikes. Very curious to read other views on the same bike.

SECOND PLACE IS JUST THE

FIRST LOSER!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Live or just exist

February 12, 2008, 04:32 AM

I LOVED MY 86 900 NINJA, STEEL FRAME, HEAVY BUT STABLE AND FAST BIKE. NOT GREAT FOR HANDELING BUT NOT BAD ITHER. MY 04 BUSA JUST BLOWS EVERYTHING I'VE HAD AWAY AS FAR AS TORQUE AND RAW POWER STR8 TO 200 MPH. BUT YOU HAVE TO WRESTLE IT AROUND TURNS, ITS THE HEAVIEST STEERING BIKE I HAVE EVER HAD. MY 2006 CBR 1000RR IS ALL AROUND SWEET, SEEMS TO BE GEARED A LITTLE STEEP FROM THE FACTORY BUT CUTS LIKE A SURGEONS KNIFE IN THE TWISTIES...MY 06 GSXR 600 IS THE MOST NIMBLE AND FUN TO RIDE BIKE BUT YA HAVE TO RING ITS NECK FOR THE SPEED AND THRUST YOU GET USED TO FROM THE BIGGER BIKES...ALL IN ALL EACH BIKE HAS ITS OWN PLUS SIDE BUT THERE IS NO PERFECT BIKE OR ALL OF US WOULD OWN THE SAME BIKES, ALL BUT ONE MANUFACTURER WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS...I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING MY HANDS ON A GSXR 750 AND FINDING OUT IF THAT WOULD BE BETTER THEN MY 600 FOR ME.
  Send a message via AIM to