DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 492
5 members and 487 guests
2blueyam, beatle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Insurance Questions - estimate for parts
Unread
  (#1)
Now with a TBSP of love

Insurance Questions - estimate for parts - January 3, 2008, 01:14 PM

I need to get parts estimate on my bike for the insurance company, and I was wondering if any mechanics had recommendations for where to get these (other than ebay). A new engine, gas tank and radiator is the main items I need help finding.

Bike: 2003 SV650

Also, in NC you only need 1 quote for the insurance company; does anyone know if it's the same here or do I need 3?

Thanks for any/all help.

Last edited by Spiritnblk; January 3, 2008 at 02:05 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

January 3, 2008, 04:37 PM

Holy shit, dude. That tip caused catastrophic damage to the engine?!!! No wonder you're going the insurance route. Wow still sucks even though you'll get a new engine.

I suppose bikebandit.com or ronayers.com will likely have all you're looking for. However, if insurance is going to pay, you might as well go to a local shop so that the margin stays local.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Spike

January 3, 2008, 05:00 PM

Ronayers.com

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#4)
Now with a TBSP of love

January 3, 2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
Holy shit, dude. That tip caused catastrophic damage to the engine?!!! No wonder you're going the insurance route. Wow still sucks even though you'll get a new engine.

I suppose bikebandit.com or ronayers.com will likely have all you're looking for. However, if insurance is going to pay, you might as well go to a local shop so that the margin stays local.
It went down on the left side with the kick stand still down and the wheels were laying a couple of feet from where it was standing, so they had to hit it pretty hard.

Last edited by Spiritnblk; January 3, 2008 at 05:24 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#5)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

January 3, 2008, 05:27 PM

Bring it over to RnR Cycles in Sterling and Rick can work up an estimate for you insurance company. Give him a call at 571-277-0892

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

January 3, 2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritnblk
It went down on the left side with the kick stand still down and the wheels were laying a couple of feet from where it was standing, so they had to hit it pretty hard.
Aaaahhhh sssshhhhiiiiiiiii... :wince: I assumed it was some drunk a$$hole who tried to sit on it and then tipped it. Didn't realize a vehicle collided with it.

You should definitely take it to RnR or another shop because they may find more wrong with it. Sometimes you don't find things until you start putting it back together. I had this experience with my ninja. Didn't know the clutch lever and master cyl took a substantial impact until I happened to loosen the assembly clamp while trying to get the fork tubes dropped enough to swap out the right clip-on. I then discovered that the lower threads in the clamp were shredded, making for a bust-loose scenario later. Instead, I bought a replacement to install the next nice day I have off.

Heck, since you're filing a claim, tack on the tow. Maybe RnR will come get it, or you can call Two Wheel Towing and Transport at 301-587-6423. Haven't ever had to call them myself, but I keep their card in my wally after RAM Cycles recommended them to me as a precaution.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.