DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 534
2 members and 532 guests
Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
JetHot - Anyone have experience with this?
Unread
  (#1)
no one's blowing up moons

JetHot - Anyone have experience with this? - September 14, 2012, 01:22 PM

So I'm finding the pipes on the Bonneville to be a bit hot so I googled pipe wrap just to see what the arguments were and saw this Jet-Hot Ceramic Coatings recommended.

Ordinarily I wouldn't consider it but I'm wondering if it might be worth doing this on new pipes in an Arrow system. Don't know the cost yet as you have to email them about what the parts are and what coating you want, then they get back to you to 'discuss it'.

I'm wondering if it really reduces heat that much and if it adds anything to the life of the system. An Arrow exhaust is expensive enough that if it adds any significant time it might pay for itself?

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

September 14, 2012, 01:26 PM

Check out figure finishing in Manassas, they did an excellent job with my exhaust, got them ceramic coated last year and have had no issues.

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#3)

September 14, 2012, 02:04 PM

So there's nothing special about JetHot's product? Ceramic coating products are all pretty much the same in quality and performance?

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz

Unread
  (#4)
Cold Lampin...

September 16, 2012, 08:06 AM

JetHot did a fantastic job on my 1125R pipes. After one year they look the same as day one. Cool down real quick too.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

September 16, 2012, 08:20 AM

I got a rusted f4i headers on ebay two years ago for 25 bucks. I paid 75 for jet hotting it and was well worth it still looks new and the coating goes inside it as well as the outside. I remember reading somewere that with it able to send the heat out it helps with horsepower or something like that I forget lol.

They also do midpipes aswell

99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)

September 16, 2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mears View Post
JetHot did a fantastic job on my 1125R pipes. After one year they look the same as day one. Cool down real quick too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
I got a rusted f4i headers on ebay two years ago for 25 bucks. I paid 75 for jet hotting it and was well worth it still looks new and the coating goes inside it as well as the outside. I remember reading somewere that with it able to send the heat out it helps with horsepower or something like that I forget lol.

They also do midpipes aswell
Glad it worked so well for you guys. So are you telling me the Jet Hot works better/different from other coating treatments?

Physics always wins

Quote:
unintentional accidental

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3

Unread
  (#7)
On vacation

September 16, 2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
Glad it worked so well for you guys. So are you telling me the Jet Hot works better/different from other coating treatments?
I think they're telling you that it's a decent product but unless one purposely studies the difference between JetHot and other ceramic coatings over an extended period of time while minimizing variables, you likely won't get an accurate comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#8)

September 17, 2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysDad View Post
I think they're telling you that it's a decent product but unless one purposely studies the difference between JetHot and other ceramic coatings over an extended period of time while minimizing variables, you likely won't get an accurate comparison.
Thanks, I appreciate the input.

Apparently it wasn't as obvious as I thought that I was hoping for comments from people that have had experience with both and could offer their opinions/observations. Not really looking for technical white papers.

Physics always wins

Quote:
unintentional accidental

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3

Unread
  (#9)
yuu
Whitty comment

September 27, 2012, 09:02 AM

JetHot does have some coatings that aren't co common - like their chrome look stuff. The stuff available at figure is much more matte - but they have a ton of different color options.

I had figure to the 11 (yes 11) pieces of tube for the '916 Style' exhaust made for older Duc Monsters. They coated the interior and exterior and it does reduce the surface temp of the pipes.

I had the work done by Figure about a year ago and as far as I can tell, there's been no change in the coating

- Throttle's on the right. So are the brakes. Good luck.