DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
0 members and 558 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
nail on rear tire :(
Unread
  (#1)
ZX6R

nail on rear tire :( - June 28, 2009, 09:14 AM

hey i found a small nail on my rear tire of my 636. is there anything out there to patch this baby up?

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ShroomDuck Send a message via MSN to ShroomDuck  
Unread
  (#2)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

June 28, 2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShroomDuck View Post
hey i found a small nail on my rear tire of my 636. is there anything out there to patch this baby up?
I won't patch youir just asking for trouble. Unless it's a small hole. I had a carter key in my back tire I didn't want to take any chances. So I just replaced the tire I only had 2300 miles on it. Don't chance it, its not worth it.

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
ZX6R

June 28, 2009, 10:06 AM

alright cool. i just got my chicken strips off my new tires too lol

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ShroomDuck Send a message via MSN to ShroomDuck  
Unread
  (#4)
running on liquid crazy.

June 28, 2009, 10:09 AM

+10

If you need to get somewhere, and you can go at a slow pace, then you might be able to plug it. But Bikes travel too fast for plugs/patches. You'll end up blowin' out your tire and hurting yourself...

RnR Cycles tows --Call them up: 571 277 0892. We have take-offs that we can sell you to get you back on the street for less, or we can just order you a new rear at a great price.

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 28, 2009, 10:43 AM

I don't recomend riding on a plugged or patched tire to others, but I've run many a plugged/patched rear MC tire without sweating it.

I can limit my risk on a MC by always doing the speed limit, never riding in the rain, never running a plugged tire, and always gearing up 100% even for a mellow run to the store. But I don't.
Unread
  (#6)
Pleased to meet me

June 28, 2009, 10:44 AM

It's real simple. Get a new tire.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

June 28, 2009, 03:07 PM

I'm with windblown. I don't recommend it, but I've done it.

Basically, if I'm gonna be hitting the twisties hard, I will just replace the tire. But if I'm just commuting to work a couple miles through traffic, I will ride on a plugged tire.

The biggest thing to take away from this thread is to always have a spare set of tires in your garage. Things will happen. You don't want to be waiting 4 days for mail order.