DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 572
6 members and 566 guests
CCS762ZX6, davidcycle, Nobrains, ReasonableDoubt, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ninja 650 Exhaust/JBP/PC?
Unread
  (#1)
How do I internet?

Ninja 650 Exhaust/JBP/PC? - May 24, 2013, 04:40 PM

Greetings!

I bought my white Ninja 650 about 5 weeks ago, 3,000 miles on it already, I love it for my commute and weekend shenanigans. I understand that as far as "bang for the buck", the upgrades I picked arent the best, but bucks aren't too big of an issue right now, and I'm looking to do install on my own to learn a bit more about my bike. Presently, I know shit, or don't know shit... or whatever.

I just ordered a fender eliminator, Arrow Full Exhaust and Sportsbars. I didnt have the option of a slipon without some major work. The 12-13 650's have to have the whole exhaust replaced. If you havent seen the stock bars on the Ninja 650.... they look like someone ripped them off of a Huffy and stuck them on a motorcycle. None have arrived yet, but my question is this...

Does anyone have any experience with this Bike/Exhaust setup? I was wondering if I need to make it a priority to get a JBP or PC. I know the valve pair mod is supposed to reduce popping, and I will likely do that as well. I just dont want to worry about causing any damage to the bikes by having a month or two of lag time (or longer) in between the exhaust install and fuel management install. Also thoughts on JBP vs PC would be appreciated. For the price, I cant see a reason not to just get a JBP.

I can do them all at the same time, I just want to know what to expect. Depending on feedback, I may do both at once, I won't install the exhaust until I get the Fuel Management system ordered. (Suspension will be next). I've heard that in some installs, the full exhaust make the bike sluggish through different ranges of RPMS. I can't find anyone with this setup even on the 650 forums.

As per my usual routine, I've been drinking, so if this doesn't make sense, I will try to clarify in the AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Vappid Send a message via AIM to Vappid Send a message via Skype™ to Vappid 
Unread
  (#2)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

May 24, 2013, 05:35 PM

You should be fine with a full exhaust and no piggyback, I've had the full M4 system on my ninja 300 for about a month and haven't bothered installing the Dynojet PCV (even though it is sitting here). I have a pod filter to go on but for that I will need the PCV.

So if its just the exhaust then go for it and do the computer as soon as you can.

-Ryan
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
How do I internet?

May 24, 2013, 05:51 PM

How is the 300? I havent seen one in person yet, I hear they are fun as hell. Thanks for the feedback! Which exhaust did you go with?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Vappid Send a message via AIM to Vappid Send a message via Skype™ to Vappid 
Unread
  (#4)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

May 24, 2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vappid View Post
How is the 300? I havent seen one in person yet, I hear they are fun as hell. Thanks for the feedback! Which exhaust did you go with?
For what it is I'm enjoying it (one of the smallest displacement bikes I've owned). I went with the full m4 system, dynojet pcv, and k&n pod filter (requires air box delete).

Still need to install the fender eliminator, GSXR rear shock, etc.

-Ryan
  Send a message via AIM to  

Tags
arrow exhaust, ninja 650