DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 538
3 members and 535 guests
2blueyam, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tire plugging question
Unread
  (#1)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

Tire plugging question - February 28, 2008, 04:36 PM

Got a slow leak.Inspected the tire and it looks like it was a staple,the middle part being worn away so now its like two small nails.With them being so close,can I plug them? This is a pretty new M3 and dont feel like dropping another $300(tire and mounting) so soon on a tire.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, it’s like this…A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Send a message via AIM to  
Plug
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

Plug - February 28, 2008, 05:18 PM

I hate 2 say it but plug won't work 2 well. I would try a patch before a plug. I may be able to hook you up if you brought me a wheel I work pt at manassas honda kawasaki suzuki.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to areuriding  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

February 28, 2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areuriding
I hate 2 say it but plug won't work 2 well. I would try a patch before a plug. I may be able to hook you up if you brought me a wheel I work pt at manassas honda kawasaki suzuki.
+1

$300 for a tire and mount? Go somewhere else that is insane!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#4)

February 28, 2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areuriding
A patch? I am the king of plugs.I had three nails in a month last year on my Pilot Powers.How do you patch a tire?

Well you see, Norm, it’s like this…A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#5)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

February 28, 2008, 06:55 PM

Stop & Go motorcycle plugs.. they're money. Saved my ass way out in WV on a Busa Bill ride.. and worked wonders down at the Dragon for a buddy on an R6. As long as it's not too far out from the center of the tire, these things work like a charm. Mushroom tip that seals from the INSIDE against the interior of the tire, like a patch.

http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
Unread
  (#6)

February 28, 2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatspin
Stop & Go motorcycle plugs.. they're money. Saved my ass way out in WV on a Busa Bill ride.. and worked wonders down at the Dragon for a buddy on an R6. As long as it's not too far out from the center of the tire, these things work like a charm. Mushroom tip that seals from the INSIDE against the interior of the tire, like a patch.

http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp
I carry a plug kit with me.I need to know if two plugs right next to each other is actually worse than the two small nails leaking slowly leaking in there now.

Unread
  (#7)
Have Bikes - Will Travel

February 28, 2008, 08:16 PM

If it was only one hole I would go with a plug but since you have two close together you should probably try patching. If you take your wheel off and take it to the shop it shouldn't be that expensive.

-Hugh

“I’ll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.”
http://www.twowheelsgood.net