DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
0 members and 544 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Tips from the Experts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Why Two Brothers Racing is so cool
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Why Two Brothers Racing is so cool - April 4, 2009, 05:27 PM

Two Brothers Racing (http://www.twobros.com/index.htm)

First off, their exhaust cans look good, period. Second, they have their custom design area on their website. However, I have a more personal story to relate.

A friend ordered a Two Bros slipon for his 08 CBR600RR and received it Wednesday. I told him he could bring the bike and exhaust over Thursday night, and we'd put it on. We took the tail of the bike apart and dismantled the OEM exhaust from the cat on back. So far, so good. We start setting up the new can and mid pipe and discover that the bracket that secures the can to the mid pipe is missing.

Friday morning, my friend is on the phone with them first thing. The guy he spoke with was shocked that it wasn't in the box and explained that the exhausts ordered through the custom design center are packaged by hand and that someone must have left it out. He asked, "What would you like for me to do? How can I make this right with you?" So my friend asked him to call a local shop and ask them to break a kit and give him the bracket. The guy at Two Bros called several local shops in search of this piece, but no one had it in stock. So then he told my friend, "I'm still willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy." So my friend asked to have the piece shipped overnight/next morning, FedEx, and they did it. They didn't hesitate to pay to have the part sent overnight ($), delivered on a Saturday ($$), and delivered on a Saturday MORNING ($$$) before noon guaranteed. They effectively lost most or all of their profit margin on this sale making up for the mistake. What's more, they acknowledged that they need to improve how they put together the custom designed packages so that won't keep happening.

Now THAT is customer service. THAT is what American Made is about. When it comes to exhaust, I will always go to Two Brothers first, from now on.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
One and Only

April 4, 2009, 05:41 PM

I personally think their exhuasts suck ass....but that's what service is all about. Good to hear.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

April 4, 2009, 06:21 PM

Did you have a bad experience with their exhaust? The one we put on the cbr was nice. I was impressed with the craftsmanship. Very light weight too. Sounded great, pretty easy install.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
Can't Find the Ditch

April 4, 2009, 06:56 PM

I love my Two brothers Slip on for my F4I....Sick
Unread
  (#5)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

April 4, 2009, 07:56 PM

I dunno, I think their cans are some of the ugliest around, maybe if parts of it weren't yellow...

-Ryan
?
Unread
  (#6)
"?"

? - April 4, 2009, 08:38 PM

Good to hear that they step up to plate,but I don't like the products! They are just run of the mill! My .02 cents
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
noise

April 4, 2009, 09:45 PM

Well, since all they do are slip-ons, their products are very good. For the price, build quality and 'sound' you get, which is what you are after with slip-ons gives the buyer one of the best dollar value in the market.

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#8)
kin
Batman wants my bike

April 4, 2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
Well, since all they do are slip-ons, their products are very good. For the price, build quality and 'sound' you get, which is what you are after with slip-ons gives the buyer one of the best dollar value in the market.
they have full systems too

06 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kin  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

April 4, 2009, 11:18 PM

My two bros slip on fell apart at about 4k miles all the little torex screws rattled out of the tip and it discolored so bad it looked like the mid pipe was camouflaged... maybe they will step up and send me some screws for it so I can sell it since it just sits in the basement now...

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
Unread
  (#10)

April 5, 2009, 12:24 AM

They do have the best customer service. I bought a Two Brothers Slip on for my 2008 Honda CBR 1000RR last year. When I pulled off the old stock exhaust and put the Two Brothers on I noticed.....NO clamp (to tighten the mid pipe to the headers). I called Colemans (whom I bought it from) answer..."Wow, that sucks". Step two, called Two Brothers, "Really, I'm sorry, whats your address? ......Ok I just over nighted you the clamp." No hassle, no trying to learn what ever language of the country most places re-route you to. Good American customer service, yes your average pipe, when I can afford it I will be looking at the KR Tuned full exhaust, but I dont know many other major companies that have such good help as Two Brothers!
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

April 5, 2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiixerFiend7 View Post
My two bros slip on fell apart at about 4k miles all the little torex screws rattled out of the tip and it discolored so bad it looked like the mid pipe was camouflaged... maybe they will step up and send me some screws for it so I can sell it since it just sits in the basement now...

love mine. 18k miles still looks great. got the 10 inch vale shorty can on the f4i. Sucker is loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

April 5, 2009, 10:05 AM

After 50,000 miles or so mine looks like shit! Of course, if I actually cleaned it... Never changed the packing either. Still it makes the triple sound more distinctive and meaner than it really is I think the quality is top notch considering the price point.