DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
3 members and 550 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Track Day Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools
I came, I saw, I didn't crash (MARRC TD 8/27/2010)
Unread
  (#1)
Parkin lot pimpin'

I came, I saw, I didn't crash (MARRC TD 8/27/2010) - August 30, 2010, 08:04 AM

Ok Boys and Girls, its my turn for a little TD write up. So I had been nervous about it all week and there was nothing else in my mind but, "you better not crash".

Thursday: Pickin up the trailer and getting Matt's bike back together. Wandered on out to the middle of nowhere to put his rear wheel on and pick up the trailer. Decided (stupidly) to take the backroads back home even though I have never trailered anything with the 4Runner. I made it but with some extremely slow turns and a lot of looking in mirrors. Couldn't really get to sleep so put down a few beers to make me a bit sleepy. It kinda works and I get to sleep for a few hours.

Friday: Awake at 4:30 am cuz I really had to tinkle. After said relief I pretty much just sat there cuz there was no way I could make myself go back to sleep. On the road by 5:30 heading out there. Unload the bikes, tools, gear, refreshments, etc by 6:30 and my heart is pumping. I'm pretty sure I annoyed everyone there by 7 asking stupid questions and wondering when things were going to start since my nervousness was making me retarded. Got through Tech and the morning meeting and started preparing myself. "First Call B group, First Call B group!" Heart starts pumping hard and I mount up and ride over to Cold Pit. Line up behind Astle with Matt and Nate so he can pull us around the track and here we go, do or die time.

All in all it went pretty well. There were a few "pucker" moments but with all the help and advice I got from GSXR Matt, N8rider, Tecknoslow, oneslowcuban, Rforc1, and anybody else I didn't mention I held my own. I felt myself getting continuously faster throughout the day and much more smooth in my lines. There was 1 piece of advice that stuck in my head that day which I used on several occasions, especially when I watched one of the MARRC School students ride off the track on turn 1. Dodge: "When you think you're gonna run wide or coming in too hot, just remember, somebody else has come through a lot faster and come out alright. Just look through it, give it more gas, and turn it in harder." Thanks Dodge

This was a great experience and although I was really nervous for the first half of the day I had an awesome time and looking forward to the next time.

If anybody got any pictures let me know, kinda curious how I was looking since I didn't really get a good chance to link up with a CR.

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Unread
  (#2)
SUPERBITCHIN'

August 30, 2010, 08:08 AM

Awesome!!

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#3)
Can't Find the Ditch

August 30, 2010, 08:18 AM

"When you think you're gonna run wide or coming in too hot, just remember, somebody else has come through a lot faster and come out alright. Just look through it, give it more gas, and turn it in harder." Thanks Dodge

Best advice anyone has told me!

06 Honda F4I #36-Bought it back!
First Track Day 9/1/09
MARCC Supporter
TPM
Roger Lyle #36

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.
ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERRAN HIS PERIMETER, STOLE THE GLOBE AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW EVER SINCE.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
facebook what is that?

August 30, 2010, 08:21 AM

I think I have a vid of you on session 3 or 4 don't remember which one but will let you know as soon as I convert it...

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#5)
Traction Control

August 30, 2010, 08:22 AM

tru, some dudes come in so hot I think there's no way they'll make it through. they always surprise me.

and joe != whack.

oh and now ur fucked because u got the track once and u gonna be broke for life because you'll never stop. sorry.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#6)
True Riyduh

August 30, 2010, 10:35 AM

These are always fun to read...

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#7)
Crackdays for everyone!

August 30, 2010, 11:08 AM

glad you came out Andy! Good times were had.

Matt K.
09 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX-Matt  

Tags
b group ftw, joe = whack, who runs out of gas?