DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
2 members and 558 guests
Heist, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Track Day Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools
NJMP CCS - July 2015 Race Report
Unread
  (#1)
Chasing the dragon

NJMP CCS - July 2015 Race Report - July 20, 2015, 08:52 PM

So this past weekend was another trip to NJMP with CCS. Going in, I was 8th AM overall in the Atlantic region and in contention for some Summit Point track championships. I was feeling pretty good to say the least! I have always kind of sucked at NJMP, but I was slowly making strides in May, hitting 34 high.

I did the a half day with ACE to prepare. I slapped on some old ass Dunlop 211s chillin in my garage to practice. Not sure how old the front is and the rear had seen better days. 3 sessions of practice and I was able to put together a 34 low. In May I was on fresher tires with only 1 heat cycle. This was a great sign for me.

Come Saturday, even though I had pre-registered, I still had to start in the second wave for MW races. Pretty pissed off about that to say the least but nothing I can do about it. Just got some good launches to try and hole shot the second wave.

GTU, I went into T1 2nd from the second wave before moving for the back of the first wave. I slotted in behind Dennis Pryor most of the day going into T1 and watched his Gixxer just dance around. That dude gives no fucks about a sliding bike. I was able to go from middle of the 2nd wave up to 8th before a red flag. We sat on pit lane and got new grid spots. I was able to start from the 3rd row and go into T1 in 5th. No space to do my typical late braking antics. Coming out of the decreasing radius and into the bulb, I shot up the inside of someone that blew the turn. They came back into the left and knocked my rear wheel. I went off and barely kept it up before coming to the fence. When I got back to the track, I saw the red flag flying. Race over, 8th it is. Back in the paddock, my lap timer said I hit mid 32s. w00t!

HWSS wasn't as bad with 1 wave of AMs. I was able to get up toward the front going into T1. I soon found that my rear tire was a little too cooked. I spun it off of every corner and couldn't for the life of me put together a drive. For a brief moment I was leading, but I would quickly fall back to 4th since I couldn't drive the rear. Trying to keep my HW podiums going, I started growing some balls and trusting the front more to carry that corner speed and just try to pick up the bike to get it to drive off corners. On the last lap, I made a move for 3rd. I stuffed a 750 going into T5. I had him until he stuffed it up the inside of my sliding bike going into T12. No way was my ZX6R going to out drag a 750. Still hit some consistent 33s with a shagged rear.

MWSS was missed. I forgot I had signed up for it. Heard my name and all I could say was whoops. Not enough time to gear up and start from pit lane. DERP.

On Sunday, I added a race and put on fresh rubber for 2 of 3 races.

MWGP was added after my MWSS fail. I started at almost the very back. I ended up just getting a bunch of passing practice in and used a rear tire that belonged in my TD pile. Somehow, I pulled off a 32 flat and got somewhere in the top 10. I'll take it.

HWSB was my best race all weekend. I slotted into 2nd going into T1 behind Mark Schweber. I spent most of the first lap trying to close the small gap he was able to put on from the start. Roger Marquez was able to go around the outside going into the decreasing radius as I checked up on a slowing Schweber. For the next lap we were all within a few bike lengths of each other. Marquez had an unfortunate front end tuck on lap 2, T6. He is fine, bike is done. No worries of mine now, I want a first. Going into T1 on lap 3, I was able to back it in and make it stick for taking the lead. It was awesome leading for 2 laps and catching up to some slower experts. Sadly that all came to an end when Stas Tamboursev motor'd by me on the straight. He is a great rider and I had nothing for him. I was able to hang on to second.

MWSB was a wash. 1-2 were able to get good starts and checked out. Stas and I got stuck behind some slower riders. On lap 2, the heat got me as I ran onto the curbing exiting onto the straight. I ran into that patch of dirt and hit a tank slapper coming back on. My upper body locked up on me during this and I fell off the back. I said fuggit and just circulated doing 39s just to get the points.

Overall, it was a decent weekend. Not as good as the past couple Summit rounds but thats racing. After sleeping on my performance this weekend, I know where to find time, great for the last NJMP round. An already stacked AM field is going to be at their peak going into the final race before VIR. But before that, I have some track championships to seal up and get a first place in something!

More gas, less brake
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ELBOWZ

July 21, 2015, 09:34 PM

Solid job and progression Korey!! Now lets get back to training on the MTB's. I want to see that Yeti in action!

CCS #720 Expert
Michelin Tires www.sportbiketireservice.com
EvolveGT www.evolvegt.com
MRP Motorsports www.mrpmotorsports.com
MOTO-D Racing Tire Warmers www.motodracing.com
EVIL Powder Coating www.evilpowdercoating.com
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
Trackside Parts Club www.tracksidepartsclub.com
James
Unread
  (#3)
GDMFSOB

July 22, 2015, 09:53 AM

Nice work!

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.