DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 171
5 members and 166 guests
2blueyam, CCS762ZX6, GRN96WS6, RRonin, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > HOW-TOs

LinkBack Thread Tools
How to quickly show your badge at the gate
Unread
  (#1)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

How to quickly show your badge at the gate - May 22, 2009, 08:24 AM

A lot of people in the DC area work on a military base or use RF ID cards to get into parking decks. What are some of the easiest ways to keep those cards handy and get through those gates quickly?

In the past I kept my parking deck card in my pocket. I would have to stop at the gate, slip into neutral, remove glove, open pocket, pull out card, swipe card, replace in pocket, put glove back on, then in gear, etc... This was my best solution until now.

Now I have to badge through TWO gates, one of whom insists upon handling my card. Doing this properly requires a little equipment.

First, you need one of those retractable ID tethers. You also need a hard plastic two-card holder that lets you slide cards out easily. I keep my office key on this lanyard and I wear it all day. This one easy system works well on the bike.

Zip up your jacket, but pull JUST the card-holder out of your collar. Leave the retractable base inside your jacket. This will hold the ID in place at your chest (it might blow around a little, but not much).
If you only must show ID, then you don't even have to put the bike in neutral to get through the gate.
For RF ID, grab plastic card-holder, extend RF card to sensor, and let retractable cord pull it back into place on your chest. Gloves stay on.
Finally, for those guards who insist on fondling your ID cards, you can remove those cards with your gloves on using the holes in the plastic holder. The extension cord gives you room to move, which helps with limited dexterity when you put the card back into its holder.

I figured I could put a velcro tab on the plastic if the wind blew the card holder too much, but I haven't found that to be a problem with my winter jacket.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
opossum puncher

May 22, 2009, 09:12 AM

At Ft B during the winter my winter gloves had a little ID holder pocket with Velcro, very handy, during warmer months, I would at a light before the gate pull out my badge, and slip it under the strap on my gloves, worked well.

I knew of a few people that Velcroed a badge holder inside their fairings for easy access.

I have one of the retractable holders now, and left it on for one ride home. Never again. I dont trust that little string for one, and while on the exit ramp I was cranked over, the badge caught the wind and during the turn it was smacking my boys and back door. Not what Im looking for.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a llama again!

May 22, 2009, 09:14 AM

I go around the ones in Crystal City.
Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

May 22, 2009, 11:21 AM

Dulles airport parking sucked .. the damn thing wont register a bike

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

May 22, 2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
First, you need one of those retractable ID tethers. You also need a hard plastic two-card holder that lets you slide cards out easily.
I did something like this until my badges flew off on the outerloop somewhere. Now I just roll with a lanyard tucked in my jacket.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
Unread
  (#6)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

August 30, 2009, 04:23 PM

yeah i use a lanyard too. works really well
Unread
  (#7)
a.k.a. Batman?

August 30, 2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEP View Post
Dulles airport parking sucked .. the damn thing wont register a bike
u work at dulles?

I used to just put my mil id in the backhand of my glove. but not everyone has big ol hand like mine.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Madman  
How to quickly show your badge at the gate
Unread
  (#8)
Banned

How to quickly show your badge at the gate - December 30, 2009, 06:06 PM

I have a server which installed the PSlistener
and now I have 2 workstation connect to the server
but I want to give different username and password for them to connect PSlistener
How can I do?
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to errorne09  
Unread
  (#9)
Traction Control

December 30, 2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorne09 View Post
but I want to give different username and password for them to connect PSlistener
How can I do?
what the fuck are you talking about?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#10)
I'm so tired

December 31, 2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
How can I do?

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

December 31, 2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
How can I do?

Quite easily. There is a new intrument that will not only provide inverse reactive current, for use in unilateral phase detractor, but is also capable of automatically synchronizing the cardinal grammeters. Basically, instead of the power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes it produced by the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capcitive duractance.

You will notice that the system consists simply of six hydrocopic marzel vanes so fitted to the ambiphasient lunar wang shaft. Every seventh conductor is connected by a non-reversable tremi pipe to the differential gurdel spring on the up end of the grammeters.

You will want to connect the large end of the drawn reciperocation dingle arm to the workstation. The smaller end will connect to the server via the base plate of prefamulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two sperving bearings run a direct line with the panametric fan.

I hope that this clears the process up. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Unread
  (#12)
Give me the Ban Button!

December 31, 2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie View Post
Quite easily. There is a new intrument that will not only provide inverse reactive current, for use in unilateral phase detractor, but is also capable of automatically synchronizing the cardinal grammeters. Basically, instead of the power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes it produced by the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capcitive duractance.

You will notice that the system consists simply of six hydrocopic marzel vanes so fitted to the ambiphasient lunar wang shaft. Every seventh conductor is connected by a non-reversable tremi pipe to the differential gurdel spring on the up end of the grammeters.

You will want to connect the large end of the drawn reciperocation dingle arm to the workstation. The smaller end will connect to the server via the base plate of prefamulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two sperving bearings run a direct line with the panametric fan.

I hope that this clears the process up. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

JHC...we have another Ben on our hands

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#13)
SUPERBITCHIN'

March 18, 2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie View Post

is tha....is that a penis?

bump for the new ones that work on bases and such

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

May 17, 2010, 09:56 AM

I use one of the retractable badge holders and then throw it in my pants pocket.
Unread
  (#15)
Spottieottiedopaliscious!

May 17, 2010, 09:58 AM

I just go around the gate at work...no need for stopping!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to silsprr